Ch.23 (late night kiss)

As the movie came to an end we all got up and made our way out. My side was still hurting from laughing so hard. The floors were a mess with popcorn all over the floor and candy.
As we all stepped out the sky was still lit but the clouds took a dark orange shad as the sun started to set.
"Wow it late, we should probably head home now." Alya said take if Nino by the hand. I looked over Marinette looking at the floor.
Hey Marinette you ok? I asked.
"Ya no I'm fine I'm just thinking about something. "
Oh ok, thinking about what?
She stopped looking at the ground and looked straight up. I followed her and looked up to see the mistletoe above us yet again. Before I could even look back down a felt her soft warm lips on my cheeks.
My heart hit my ribcage hard. My mind went blank for a second. I felt nothing, not the cold wind or the snow flakes crashing and melting on my face. I came back and looked back only to see Alya and Nino looking back at us.
"Not what I was expecting but it's good enough" ring ring
Alya pulled out her phone her smile faded away as she looked on to the screen of her phone.
"Aw you have got to be kidding me!! My folks forgot to tell me they were going out of city for three days and they didn't leave me a key!!"
Nino leaned in and moved his arm around Alya.
"You know you can crash with me" he said in a sly tone.
"Really, you think your parents will be ok with that?"
Nino arm slowly lifer off of Alya. "Well I tried didn't I?"
Alya leaned in and kissed him on the cheek.
"Yes, yes you did. Hey Mari any chance I can crash with you and (reader) for a few days?"
Im sure tom and Sabin won't mind. I look back to marinette on the phone.
"That was them, they would love to have you over for as long as you need."
That was fast I thought to myself.
Sirens echo out in to the street, flashing red and blue lights come out from the corner of the cinema. Tires sliding and screeching along the side of the road.
What the hell was that all about? I ask as the sirens fade away in to the distance.
"Come on let's go check it out, maybe we'll see the new chat noir and maybe ladybug might show up too?" Nino says trying to pull Alya.
Half expecting Alya to jump for it but instead just looks away.
"Alya baby? What's wrong?" Without a word just just looks back.
"Nothing it's just....we may have a new chat noir but ladybug....she hasn't shown up since Adrien.... What if she never shows up again?"
I look back at marinette slowly stepping away, I reach out to take her hand. Looking back to Alya and Nino.
Come one marinette they need you, Paris needs you. I say under my breath to make sure Nino or Alya hear me.
She steps forward and walks back to Alya.
"Hey come on now you never know. Maybe she will show up sooner or latter."
Alyas face lights up, without even a warning she turns and pulls marinette in for a hug.
"Thanks Mari I know I can count on you"
Marinette face goes from pail white to blue. I stand back as her back crunches and pops.
Um Alya? I think you crushing marinette. I call out.
Alya lets go of marinette, nearly dropping her.
"Oh sorry girl I guess I got a little carried away." I step over to help marinette up.
"Come on Nino let's go see what's going on" Alya runs off dragging Nino by the arm.
As they go in to the direction of the sirens I'm left alone with marinette.

So you think ladybug is going to show up? I ask in a sly tone.
"Oh she's going to show up, I just hope it's not alone."
She looks out over the building, the snow blowing across the dim orange sky.
You think your ready to be ladybug again?
"I know I am, I have to be ready. Are you going?"
She turns to face me.
No I think I'll just go take a walk. All this talk about the new chat noir and Adrien....I think I need to  go and clear my head. But tell chat I said hi.
"Right sorry, I'll see you back home right?"
Ya I'll just a little walk, you be careful ok?
"When am I not?" As she starts to run off I call out to her.
What no good bye kiss!?!? She stops for a second and looks back.
"We...there was a mistletoe and ....shut up...." She runs over to a corner and a bright pink light almost fills the street.
Swinging out from the corner and across the sky in her bright red spotted suit she lands on a building. I wave over to her, and she waves back. I start to walk and after a few seconds I look back to see she's gone.
Unzipped my coat I look inside the inside pocket.
Hey Plagg, ready to get back to work?
His little green eyes cutting through the darkness.
"Kid I was made ready, just don't get shot this time."
Plagg claws out!! I cry out and in a flash the coat changes in to my tight leather suit.
Plagg you there?? I call out in to the empty air.
" ya I'm still here, can you still hear me?"
Yes I can still hear you, let's go.
I brake in to a sprint and jump as hard as I can, the cold rush of air and snow flakes hitting my face. Landing on one rooftop after another I look out for the flashing red and blue lights.
"What's wrong kitty? You lost?" her voice ringing in my ears. I turn to see ladybug standing behind me.
What? Me lost? Ha no, I'm just looking for a little hell to raise. You wouldn't to have seen the police come around here?
"Ya I saw them come by earlier, follow me"
She jumps off the building and swings off, I back up and take a running start.
After ten minutes we stop by a row of cars piled up on top of each other like a wall. Police are gathered all around, armed and ready. Looking down I see a crowd and who do I see.
Alya and Nino in the front, the police are trying to hold the crowd back.
Up ahead are three men with deep purple hoodies and what look to be riot shields.
Armed with....crossbows??
Who the hell are these guys with the crossbows? I ask out loude.
"The paris marksman, you remember them right?"
"He better remember, he got shot by them one his first night he turned in to chat noir"
Plagg not right now, I say under my breath.
"What was that?" She looks at me confused
What nothing, ya I remember I got shot by them. Dame that that hurt. I say as I rub my chest.
"They look like their holding up a gas station of all things, three out front and two inside.  Got any ideas?"
I look back out and see the only light coming is from the gas station.
Ok if I can find a way to cut off the lights I can get the two from inside and maybe get a third from the outside. You think you can take the two outside?
"No problem, but what if they start to fire at the crowd? The police can't shoot back or they might hit the gas station."
I look back down at the crowd and focus on Alya and Nino.
Then we make I quick, as soon as the power goes out we move.
"Alright I'll wait out front you go in from the back, oh and one (reader) says hi.
Aww he remembers me, cute. 
"Alright come on go!!"
What no good luck kiss? She stops and turns to me.
"Do you see a mistletoe anywhere here? Go."
I take a running start and jump as hard as I can.
Landing in the rooftop of the gas station .The back door opens up up and another one steps out holding the door.
Hey heads up!! I call out jumping down. He looks up only to se the bottom of my foot. He falls the the ground with his foot still in the door.
Holding the door for me?? Oh such a gentleman. I joke to myself.
Hey see if you can find any cheese in here, I'm going to be hungry latter.
I don't think they have your kind of cheese in gas stations.
Walking in from the back door and in the back room ,I creep around the corner.
Fuck me six ways from Sunday.
What? No cheese?
Not only that but there way more then just two in here. Looking out from my right I see five guys.
To my left is the power box.
Ok let's make this as quick as possible. I take a deep breath and jump out from the back room and pull the start to flip switch.
The room goes green for me. I look back to see the marksmen rushing side to side looking for the light switch. I rush out and kick one as hard as I can sending him flying in to another one. The other two open fire and jump out the way. Blots landing next to me and on the wall. One comes dashing around the corner.
I swing my arm as hard as I can close lining him. He hits the ground hard.  I look back to see one reloading and the other one pulling out a pistol.
Thank fast kid, those bullets may not kill you but they are going to hurt.
I rush down the middle as the gun goes off. The dark room is illuminated by the bright flashes.
I duck as best I can and jump back to kick the crossbow out of his hand and catch it mid-air.
I turn to see the pistol right in my face. I freeze as the gun cold navel meets my skin.
"That's one less chat noir" I close my eyes .
Click click click.
I open my eyes to see the marksman reloading the gun. I aim the crossbow to his kneed and pull the trigger. The bolt digs its way in to his knee. He screams in pain and falls to the ground. I lift my foot up and stomp on his face till he stops.
Hey don't you think that was a bit to much there?
Ya maybe it was, but in my defense he hand a gun to my head sooooooo ya.
I guess but next time show a little more restraint.
I lol out the front door to see a bright red blur rush off the ground and hit two of the marksmen. I jump out the front door and see one last marksman standing in between me and ladybug. He looks back and forth between the two of us.
"To hell with this!!!" He drops the crossbow and falls to his knees.