Ch.37 (confession)

harder…..HARDER
I mutter under my breath as the punching back is sent flying back. 
With every kick, every punch I think back to that night.
That night where I might as well have thrown myself off the roof and prayed to die.
After everything we said, after everything I put her through.  What was I thinking?
Oh right I wasn't!! 
I jab the puning back and feel the sand pour down my elbow as my fist rips its way to the otherside. 
“Shit” I rip my arm out and let the sand pour on to the floor.
Greef still hanging over me as if it were a noose waiting for me. Dread and guilt watching out in the stands as if to watch  my final moments that will never come.
I walk to my bed and grab my phone.
Still nothing.
It's been a month since that night and marinette has been avoiding me like the plague. I know she's hurting because she thinks she's cheated on me but if i tell her...will it help? Or make things worse.
I've talked to alya and her mom and  her friends but no one can tell me where she is. She's not missing or anything but she's not around either. I see her in the corner of my eye every now and again but she's never there for long. And when it comes time to be ladybug and chat noir she's never around. 
Never.
I don't know what to do, I can't fix things if she never…
Thump thump thump
A rhythmic thump beats just pass my door. 
I take a deep breath and freeze. It's her!!
I jump to the hallway and grip the door handle, I pull the door and a gust of wind hits as the hinges scream in protest.
She stands there, her knucks in the air.
She was going to knock.
“H..hey..i was just-”
Before she can get another word out I reach out and take her in my arms.
Her body grows tense as I take her in my arms, her breath trapped in her lungs.
Soon she starts to breathe and I feel her hands on my back as she hugs me back.
Soft sniffling pulls me back as her body shakes and trembles.
She’s worse than I thought.
She pushes off me and I see her eyes, red and puffy as her lip quivers.
“I can’t, it's over,” she says, stepping back.
“What?” I ask, wanting...no..needing more.
“Th..this, us were done...i can’t do this anymore...im sorry”
She turns and runs.
Without a moment to think I jumped down the hall and took her hand. She pulls and pulls as she starts to cry.
“Let go!!” she begs. 
“Tell me why” I say as I feel my body give away. I feel my heart crack and crumble as she stops.
She looks back, no longer pulling away to run. Her hand shakes as let go.
“Please don't hate me” is all she says as she turns to face me.
Without even thinking I took her in my arms and led her back to our apartment.
The door is just barely holding on. Back to the bad room, where it all went wrong.
“Why?” is all i can ask.
“Why?” she asked, looking up.
“Why do you think I could ever hate you?” I ask, kneeling down.
She sits at the foot of our bed.
“I'm sorry, i didnt… i don't know how….i was just...so lonely.”
She shakes and I just now notice she's drenched, and her hoodie….my hoodie she borrowed so long ago, is dripping wet. Had it been raining?
I looked around as I saw none of my lights were on.
Power outage, and i didnt even notice.
“It’s my fault,” I said under my breath.” she looks up.
“No its not, its mine..i...i was with...someone else and...i was just….i missed you”
“And i should have been there, me...the real me”
I said taking a seat next to her.i reach over and take the hoodie off of her.
“What do you mean?” she says as I throw the hoodie to the corner.
 “You did nothing wrong, i did”
“You didn't cheat, you didn't take someone else to our bed. You didn't let it happen again after you swore to yourself it wasn't  going to happen again. But i did...i did and i wish i didnt happen”
She falls to her knees and starts sobbing, nearly screaming.
I drop down and take her back in my arms. She pulls away and starts punching, over and over and over. Screaming for me to let her go.
I can’t, it's not in me.
Eventually she stops and lets me hold her.
“Why don't you hate me...i know i would.”
“Because you did nothing wrong” I say again.
“What do you mean?” she asked, looking back.
“I know what happened, I know what went down here and out there” I point out the window.
“H..how” she asks looking confused.
Without a moment of hesitation I stand and walk back to the center of the bed room.
I take a deep breath and grip my knucks as they crack under my grip. 
I thin black fog grows over me, a dull green light glows as my skiing grows tighter. As the fog fades away, marinette squints her eyes.
Suddenly her eyes grow wide, she stamers back to our bed and falls her jaw ready to hit the floor.
“C….chat?”

Ok so im making this one a bit short and fast, i got a long weekend ahead of me and i'm just going to put this out there. If i can ill try to make another one and post it tomorrow but if not tomorrow ill try sunday. 

Anyways i hope you enjoy.