Ch.29( cataclysm)

( D- call marinette and see if she's ok)

I tucked plagg in to my pocket and pulled out my phone.
Without think I skimmed over to Maris number.
I stopped on her number and thought back at what she said.
" ok fine but we're not done with this"
Cutting my face with my claws.....was that really the best way to show here that I was ok? And how am I going to explain this to her.
RING RING!!!
My phone rung so loud it caught me off guard. Nearly throwing my phone in the air as it rung I caught it.
Mari was calling me, I quickly answered it.
"Um hello? Mari what's up? " I asked
"Hey I just got home and realized I didn't see you this morning, my dad told me you were at the library. Where are you know?"
Oh I'm um at the library still?
"Still? It's been almost two hours. I....I need to talk to you I....something happened today with chat today. Can we talk?"
"Sure I'll be there soon".
With that a hung up and started to run out from underneath the tower. Still thinking back at how my legs didn't break.
After ten minutes I realized I was much further than I thought I was.
"Damn I didn't think this through did I?"
"Plagg you up yet? I know your tired but any chance you ..."
"Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz" plaggs wrapped up in a little ball, still sleeping.
"Aw come on Plagg I need you right..."
Without paying attention I lost my footing, nearly running in to on coming traffic.

The world ones again slowed down to a stand still, the bright light of headlights came closer and closer. With out a moment to waist I jumped forward to avoid getting hit, I only meant to jump across the street.....only across the street not on top of the building!!!!!
The ground under me was gone as I took off in to the air.
I hit the gravel rooftop of the building, I looked back to see the driver get out and look at the front of his car.
Both me and him confused as to what just happened.
I pull up the legs of my jeans and see nothing, no bruise or red marks no nothing. I look out at Maris house off in the distance I can't help but smile.
I take a running start off the building and jump as hard as I can.
Again the ground under me is gone, the rushing if the wind screaming in my ear, the rush of my heart as I land on the building over.
"This...is.....AWESOME!!!!!!"
"Hey keep it down I'm sleeping here" Plagg calls out from my pocket.
"Oh sorry Plagg I was just...never mind."
I make my way out and down in front of the bakery, looking side to side to make sure no one saw me.

"Hey anyone home? "
I call out as I walk in. The room was dark and cold, no one in sight.
"Hey I'm up stairs!!" Mari calls out.
"Hey where is everyone? "I call out, making my way us stairs.
As I walk in I see the computer on. My eyes widen as I read the head line.
Local shooting leaves six dead and twenty injured. Earlier today shortly after the first akuma attack in months.
I think back at the sirens, this is what was happening, I should have been there....I should have gone there....
"Oh (Reader) hey I was just looking over the news." Mari walks over and turns off the monitor.
Her eyes still red and puffy.
"Hey you ok, your eyes are red. Did something happen?"
I asked like i don't now already.
"Well yes and no, like the news said there's been an akuma attack, I'm fine but chat...."
I felt the tension grow the longer we stood in silence.
" I don't know how to explain it but he.....I don't think he's human."
I was taken back at her response, so much I nearly fell back.
"What?? That do you mean by that??"
"Don't get me wrong he is, but he....I don't know how to say it he just..he pulled himself together. He was impaled with a pipe going through his torso!! I saw....I saw his inside out, the blood smothered the pipe. Only minutes latter he came back out just fine. I told him to tell me how he survived and then.
This is going to sound crazy but he cut himself, with I claws across the face and...before he even started bleeding his skin looked like it was growing back. He healed in seconds. I was going to ask him more about it but I ran out of time."

"Ok that much I get but that doesn't explain why your eyes are red, were you...crying?"
She folded her arms and walks back to her bed.
"We were at the church, I thought he was going to die. Just like Adrien they both bleed out so fast...I thought I was....I thought I was going to loose another partner....another friend. I felt so weak just watching him bleed out. I'm ladybug and I can't....I couldn't help him, I couldn't help either of them."
Her voice fell weaker and weaker as she started to cry. I felt my heart tighten up like it was being crushed.  I walked over and got on one knee and I took her hand in mine.