Ch.30 (The cost of a life)

C- follow Mari out of the class

Jumping out my seat and sprinting down the hall, just behind marinette.
"Mari hold one second, where do you think your going?!?" I call out to her. We stop to catch our breath.
"Where do you think? I need to get out there and-"
"Marinette and (Reader)!!! Where the heck do you two think your going?!?" Alyas voice echoes from down the hall. I turn to see her running up to us with Nino close behind her.
"Alyas right, what are you two doing running out of class in the middle of an evacuation"
Nino says following up.
"Come on you two, I don't k ow what you were thinking but-"
Before Alya could finish the lights began to flicker on and off, leaving us in complete and total darkness for a second. As the lights came back on the walls began to shake and crack.
Looking down the hall I could see the ceiling begin to collapse.
"Run!!!" Alya called out what we were all thinking.
Without a second to lose we all broke in to a sprint, the echo of the lockers bending and twisting as they were crushed only made me run faster.
I looked over at Mari, her eyes locked on forward.
Looking back I noticed Nino and Alya falling behind and the collapsing hall catching up.
"Mari, Nino and Alya!!" She looked back and started to slow down.
"Nino grab my hand!!" Mark called out.
Nino did as told and Marinette started to run up ahead again.
"Alya take my hand!!" I called out
She reached out, her hands flailing back and forth just barely grazing my fingers.
"I...I can't...I can't reach!!"
Looking back I can see the hallway catching up to us.
"Alright when I tell you to, I need you to jump ok?"
"Wh..what?!? Your kidding me."
She says as the lights begin to flicker on and off again.
"Jump!!!!" I call out. She jumps out, arms spread wide. I slow down just enough for her to land on my back.
"Alright just hold on!! We're getting out of here!!" I call out picking up speed and catching up with Mari.
No matter how fast we run the rushing air of the hallway feel is like it's catching up.
Suddenly it stops. We manage to slow down and look back. The hall way was engulfed in a clouds of smoke, the lights barely lighting up the hall.
"What do we do?" Alya sled as she got off my back.
"We still need to find a way-" before Mari could finish the ground begs to cave in.
I looked back to Mari, she reaches for my hand but the floor gave out to soon.
The world again seem to slow down as the crumbling floor fell under our feet. The free fall felt
Ike it took minutes even though it was only a few seconds.
Nino falling back over Alya, marinettes still trying to reach for my hand. Her fingers only grazing my finger tips.
The darkness felt as if we were being eaten alive. As my body hit the cold hard floor I felt someone fall over me.
The sound of crumble rubble falling all around up. The flickering lights above us finally went out.
"Ow that was not as bad as I thought it would be" Alya said in the dark.
I felt a pair of hands on my chest pushing me down.
"Nino you ok, you feel...wet??" Alya said.
My eyes slowly adjusting to the dark.
Only then did I feel the burning sting on my side.
"Wet?? I'm not wet, that and I'm over here...wait who's with me?" Nino called out from the other side of the darkness.
"I am, where are we?" Marinette called out.
"Hold on let me get my phone out." Alyas phone was a blinding light that killed my retinas, I covered my eyes to stop the sting.
"Oh my god...(reader)?!? Your..your bleeding!!!" A
Ya called out as she got off me.
Her light shining down on me, half of my shirt covered in blood.
I felt my said start to heal, the pain was gone but I don't how I'm going to explain this.
"No it's ok, it's just a scratch" I said out loud.
Now Nino and Mari stood over with Alya.
" dude that's more then just a scratch!!!" Ninos voice echoed in the darkness
"No no I'm fine really, look how about we find out where we are first and then we see how bad it is ok? Sound good?" I said trying my best to change the subject.
Mari and Nino pulled out there phones and turned on their flashlight, and started to look around the room.
Alyas light still on me, concern still glued to her face. "It's not that bad, I'm ok"
I said pulling out my own phone.
"I hope your right (reader) but if your not you have to tell m...us, you have to tell us."
Alya said before turning away, but for a second I thought I saw a flash of red.
"Wait what was that? I asked pulling her back.
"I said you need to tell us." She repeated
"No you were going to say-"
"Nothing !! I was going to say nothing....lets just find a way out."
She started to walk off.