Ch.22 (headlines)

"Wake up!!!" Marinette screams as she runs pass me.
My eyes shot open to see my bag ready to fall on my face. Catching it just in time, I sit up to see marinette run back and forth.
Um Mari you ok? What's the rush??
She stops to look at me. " I overslept and we're going to be late!!"
Late again I thought to myself, for what seem to be the third time this week.
Jumping off the couch and running in to the bathroom to change and brush my teeth I see Plagg pop out from behind me.
"What no good morning?? Or breakfast?"
I rolled my eyes and continue to brush my teeth. I jump out with Plagg in my pocket and grab my backpack from the couch. I look up to see marinette with a pink scarf, ear muffs and a slim black over coat.
With out thinking I head out to the door and open it only to be blasted with a rush of cold air. I look out to see snow covering the cars and sidewalk, small snowflakes hitting my skin. My body tightened up as the freeze in place.
I jump back inside with marinette holding my black hoodie in her hand.
"Forgetting something?" She says as she throws it to me.
I slip it on and we head out side, my face still stinging from the cold.
We brake in to a sprint to the school cutting corners and jumping across the streets. My lungs burning from the cold air. Looking over marinette doesn't seem to mind one bit. Running pass me with a large grin on her face.
The school is dead ahead, my feet slid across the sidewalk of the school as we get closer and closer to the gates. I stop just inches away from the gate.
"We.....we made it.....with 15.....minutes to spare" she says hunched over trying to catch her breath.
Ya....so someone's in a good mood today.......what happened? I try to ask hoping my lungs don't freez.
After a few seconds we sit down at a near by table.
"I met someone last night, I met my partner!!"
What??? I say looking surprised like I didn't know already.

She went on and on about how she met me as chat noir last night and I noticed she only got happier as she went on. The cold didn't seem to bother me as much as it did before.
"After that he screamed "shut up". I thought he was talking to me but turns out his kawami is in his head. I wish I could do that with Tikki."
I roll my eyes and look down to see Plagg sticking his head out of my pocket.
Sticking his little tung out at me. I pushed him back in and went back to the conversation.
"After that he just left, funny thing is he looks a lot like someone I know but.....I just can't put my finger on it."
My hear started to speed up, "looks a lot like Simone she knows"!!
I felt my stomach tighten up in knots.
Hey you know what I'm heading to the cafeteria to grab some breakfast, want any thing??
I said nearly jumping out of my seat.
As soon as I got up my feet started to slide side to side, struggling to get any traction from the snow covered floor. Soon my feet left the ground and I was on my back.
"(Reader)!!! You ok??" Marinette asked running over to me.
Ya I'm fine just....chilling.
She covered her mouth but I could tell I made her laugh.
The cold that I had ignored soon came rushing back as the snow ran up my spine and sunk in to the back of my head.
"Here let me help you up" Marinette stood over me and reached out with her hand to help me up. I took it and pulled back. Slowly getting off the ground, until my head instantly hit the snow again.
Marinette falling over me and on to my chest.
"Ow..sorry I didn't mean to fall over you I just....."
Our faces inches apart, her blossom pink lips seem so sweet. Her warm glow seem to make the cold disappear.
I'm...I'm ok?? I....
I tried to talk back, but my mouth just didn't want to make the words to talk back.
Our hot breath mixed in to a thin warm cloud between us. Her eyes, so deep and blue. Almost as if I was looking in to heaven itself. Her eyes slowly shut, her lips seem to come closer and closer.
So close I could almost taste them.
"Do you guys want a room??"
We froze in place and looked up to see Nino and Alya standing over to the side.
"What?!?!  NO NO NO WE DONT IT JUST!!!"
Marinette began to freak out as she sat up on top of me.
" it's not what it looks like we were just...he...i...we fell and and and and...." Her face growing brighter and brighter.
I sat up and took her hand in mine.
I fell on my ass and marinette tried to help me back up but I was to heavy so I ended up pulling her down instead.
"Right that's what happened" Alya says looking down at us.
Um can I get up now?? I ask feeling my ass slowly go more and more numb.
"Ya you two might want to get up, people are starting"
I look around and see people start to pull out their phones. I look down and see marinette still siting on me.
"What's wrong?" She ask looking down.
Nothing it's just....reverse cowgirl isn't exactly my favorite position.
Her face goes from bright red to pale white. She jumps off my lap and on to her feet.
"I am so so so so so so sorry I didn't mean to.."
I stand up and place a finger on her lips.
Hey, it's ok no harm done.
I look over to Alya and Nino looking at me with wide eyes.
What?? Do I have something on my face?
"What no it's just...I thought I've seen that hoodie somewhere before." Nino says looking down.
I think back to the night I saved them....the hoodie!!!  What if they recognize the hoodie?!?!
A cold wind blows pass me and I can't help but shiver.
"Dude you ok? Your shaking like crazy?"
"Well no wonder look at his hoodie" Alya says walking over.
"Look at it, it's torn and has holes in it"
She pulls the sleeves and shows the back. She's right this thing it torn to hell.
"Dude I got an idea, how about after school we go get you a new jacket or something? I know this little place next to this coffee shop"
I looked over to Alya and marinette, it seem like a good idea, and I could finally get rid of this hoodie, just to be safe.
The bell rings and before anyone says anything we all brake in to a sprint. (Late again)
Time skip
Alya runs out to the school gates.
"Christmas break finally!!!!" She screams. Nino and marinette just looking at her like she's crazy.
I'd do the same if I wasn't fucking freezing my ass off.
Nino said that the store he knew had a coffee shop next to it. I pray to god it does.
Alya comes running back next to marinette.
"Hey Mari why don't you warm (reader) up?" She pulls marinette and pushes her to me. Her arms wrapping around me. Her warm arms around my waist sends me racing.
I look down to see her trying to hide her face but in the corner of my eye I knew I saw a small smile.
We make our way to the small store that was next to the coffee shop.
We walk In and feel the warm air fill my lungs. Looking side to side I see a run way with a current.
"Come on let's see what they got." Alya says pulling me by the arm.
For the next twenty minutes I try on hoodie after hoodie then jackets then winter trench coats.
"Here try this one." Nino hands me a slim jet black trench coat with fur inside. To the side was two hidden pockets.
The collar was big enough to cover my neck. I walk over to Alya and marinette who were still looking around.
What do you think? I ask spreading my arms.
"You look....hot actually. Right Mari??" Alya says pulling marinette in closer with a devilish smile.
"Alya!!" Marinette grunts trying not to look me in the eye.
"Oh come on I'm just teasing you, but for real you look good. You know you and marinette actually match"
I felt my face heat up a little, I try to look away to my old hoodie wrapped up on a chair. Out in tie corner of my sleeve I see a pair of green eyes pop out.
I'll be right back I got to um.....get something.
I walk over to my hoodie and see Plagg fly out in front of me.
"Got any room for me?" He ask.
I open the coat to show two inside pockets. He flys in to the top pocket.
"Mmmmm toasty, I like it."
Well then I'll buy it.
I head over to the front counter and pay for the coat.
We all walk out in to the cold wind, still warm and feeling better than before.
We head over to the coffee shop next door and order the hot chocolate that was on special.
Finding a nice table in the corner of the shop we all sat down.
"So what movie do you guys want to go and see?" Nino ask taking a gulp.
"How about a romantic comedy? It is almost Christmas after all." Alya says looking over at marinette.
"Please stop" I look over to Alya and Nino trying not to laugh.
I'm I missing something? They all stop and look at me.
"Didn't you read the group chat from last night?" Alya ask.
No I fell asleep last night early so I didn't read it, why?
I pull out my phone only to have marinette snatch it out of my hand.
"Mari!!" Alya calls out
"Sorry just....needed to see something" holding my phone in her hand I hear try to look over.
Chat deleted
She hands it over with a large grin on her face.
Um what was that? And why did you delete the group chat on my phone?
"No reason!!!" I look back to Nino and Alya.
I am so lost right now.....
"Well since it's Christmas why not a romantic comedy" Nino calls out.
Fine by me, anyone else? I look over to the girls.
We head out only to see it snowing harder and harder now.
"Looks like we might have a snow storm tonight "
We all walk out In to the heavy storm. Half way across the street Alya stops.
"Hold up wait, I think I left my my purse in the shop, Nino come help me."
They both run back across the street and back in to the coffee shop. Both marinette and I stand outside waiting for them.
Hey what was on that group chat that you didn't want me to see? I asked
"What? Nothing why?!?"
Then why did you delete it? You wouldn't have deleted it unless it was something you didn't want me to see, so what was it? I ask more firmly
"It was....about something embarrassing, something I rather not tell you. Can we please not talk about it?" Her eyes looking in to mine.
I look back at the coffee shop and then back at marinette.
Alright but you know you can talk to me about anything right?
She flashes me a quick smile and a wink. She steps closer and takes me by the arm and pulls me closer.
" I know I can and believe me there's nothing, it just....Alya and Nino won't drop something I said last night on the group chat but it's nothing you need to worry about"
I look back down to her and brush it off.
Ok if you so but if anything and I mean anything comes up you can tell me.
"Hey guys!!" Alya calls out with a news paper in hand.
Nino following behind trying to keep up.
"I went back and found this in the papers!!! Here!!"
She shoved the news paper in my arms and I opened it up.
New cat in town. In big bold letters.
Marinette took the paper out of my hand and started to read out loud.
" last night a small group of individuals from the former gang "The Paris marksman " were apprehended by non other than chat noir. As the former chat noir known as Adrien agreste who unfortunately had departed now has yet another hero to take his place. Who is this individual? The question still remains at large and will he be able to live up to the name chat noir?"

Marinette stopped reading and looked back at me with wide eyes. Alya was starring at us, waiting for some kind of reaction. I didn't say anything and instead took the paper and crumble it up and tossed it over my shoulder.
I didn't like the way the paper brought back Adrien in to my thoughts.
"Sorry (reader) I forgot Adrien is still ...."
No no no no it's fine I just....how about we go see when the movies play? So we can plan ahead or whatever.
I forced a fake smile and they just looked back at me with their own all but marinette.
We went to the cinema and looked up the times when the movies would start to play.
Looking over the times I felt someone take my hand.
"(Reader)? You ok?" I looked back to marinette.
Ya I'm fine just.....I just don't want to talk about it.
"Ok but you know if you ever do, you can always come to me." She squeezed my hand a little tighter.
"Hey Nino look, mistletoe" Alya said pointing over us.
We both looked up to see the mistletoe under us.  I could feel my face heat up.
"Alya come on it's not we have to right?"
Nino was the first to pull out his phone.
"Come dude, you have to. It's the rules"
" this is ridicules we don't have to..."  I turn to face her and leaned in to place a small kiss on her forehead. I looked back with a grin to see Nino and Alya looking at me like I just lost my mind.
Marinette was bright red, no one said anything.
What? I kissed her didn't I? No said it had to be in the lips. I started to walk in to the cinema.
My heart still racing a little.