Before and After The Battle

***I don't own anything Twilight. Just my characters and plot.***

Tonight is the night before the visit from my Father. Bella and Edward are tucking Renesmee into bed. And Xander is here with me in my room. The snow was covering the ground in thick sheets of white. Everyone was on their toes. Anything could happen now. I laid there in Xander's embrace. The whole day was spent in the meadow, while everyone else was in the clearing. Xander and I talked about what would happen if we succeeded in getting my Father to back off. We agreed to ask Carlisle to join his coven. We were already converting to his diet so we hoped he would let us. I was ecstatic about this. We have laid here for hours literally. Not one word spoken.

I curled into Xander. Nuzzling into his neck. His arms were around my waist and mine were around his neck.  I finally broke the silence."What if we don't succeed?What will happen to us?"I looked up at him.Xander sighed."Then Grace, I promise I will make sure you, Renesmee and Jacob get out of there. I will protect you with my life."His words were like water quenching my thirst. I smiled and kissed him slowly. He kissed me back. But this time harder and deeper. I felt his passion with this kiss. Like it was our last. I didn't like that feeling. I didn't want to lose Xander. Tears seemed to fall from my eyes. Xander quickly wiped them with his thumb. And the stray tears were kissed away.

Between the kisses and what was happening tomorrow, made me fall asleep quickly. The morning came too quickly. I woke up before the sun rose. I felt my Father's presence close. I think he may already  be in town. That made me jump out of bed without saying a word to Xander. I grabbed a set of warm clothes from the dresser and hopped into the shower. I didn't want to take long so I just pulled my wet hair into a ponytail. Then brushed my teeth and pulled on my shoes. Xander changed while I was in the shower. He was waiting for me downstairs. Bella and Edward had taken Renesmee just seconds before. I grabbed his hand as we left the house.

We got to the edge of the clearing. Everyone was standing in a large group. Waiting on my Father's arrival. I kissed Xander one last time and we went our seperate ways for now. I climbed up a tall tree. Sitting on a branch that was in perfect view of what was going on in the clearing. I craned my neck to be able to hear them. Suddenly the atmosphere around us was foggy or should I say frozen with anxiety. It was like my Father and his guard just appeared in a cloud of smoke. They all marched in a straight formation. I saw my Father in the middle of my Uncles. With Alec on one side and Jane on the other. Renata was my Father's shield. She was near the back so she could protect them more. They all stopped, looking our way. My eyes found Xander and Seth. They were on both sides of Renesmee and Jacob. I smiled and looked back at the scene before me.

Carlisle stepped forward. "Hello Aro."My Father smiled."Oh my dear old friend, Carlisle. Its so nice to see you."Thats all I heard. Damn! My human half wouldn't let me hear more. I watched as Edward and Bella stepped forward. My Father wanted to meet Renesmee. Bella and Edward nodded to Jacob as they walked Renesmee over to greet my Father. When his gaze fell on Renesmee, he let out a high pitched squeal of excitement. I had to hold in a laugh. I watched as Renesmee  showed my Father what she showed everyone. Then all three of them left and Renesmee was back on Jacob's back. My Uncles and Father were arguing about the ruling when everyone became hushed.

Alice and Jasper ran into the clearing. They went to My Father. Explaining to him that they had evidence that proved Renesmee not a threat. Then walking out of the trees where Alice and Jasper came out of, a tall, dark skinned man with a tanned woman. They almost looked like Seth and Jacob. But they smelled of vampire. The male cleared his throat. He told My Father and Uncles that his own Father had impregnated several woman and conceived him and his sisters. Telling everyone that he wasn't a threat nor was his sisters.  I refocused my gaze to my Father's side. Scanning over every guard and witness. Something was missing. Someone was gone. Alec!!! I quickly glanced around. Where could he have gone? I felt someone grab my ankle and pull my out of the tree. I gasped. Looking right at Alec.

Alec instantly covered my mouth."What the hell,Grace?You know your Father doesn't know your scent like I do. Why didn't you come home?"He sighed. Pain was in his eyes. Alec cared for me. Xander must have heard him and was behind him. Xander grabbed Alec, turned him around. Staring into his eyes."Alec, you never smelled Grace. You don't even remember her leaving Volterra. If asked, you just know she found a new home. And she is very happy. You are happy that she is safe and with a new family. You don't miss her. At all." Alec nodded and left without looking back. I stood there, stunned. I just witnessed  Xander control someone's memory. I kissed him and we both retreated back to our places. I watched as Nahuel, the half breed and his Aunt left immediately. Alice stepped forward."Let me show you, your future."Her hand slid into my Father's hand. His face was emotionless until suddenly it showed of pain and torment. I don't know what Alice showed him, but he was obviously  was afraid. My Father was pulled out of it as soon as Alice pulled away. He and my Uncles agreed to back off for now. But they would always be watching. As quickly as they came, they all left.

I relaxed in the tree for a moment before joining the others. Xander instantly pulled me into his arms. We were kissing and hugging. I didn't want to leave his side. Ever. Everyone was celebrating. The Cullens, Xander, the pack and I watched as our guests left to go to their homes. We all said our goodbyes. The Denali clan was the last to leave. They were just like the Cullens in diet. Garrett fell in love with Kate so he was joining them. They left too.

I held Xander's hand and leaned my head on him."I love you Grace. I never thought I would. But I love you."He whispered to me. I felt my cheeks light up."I love you too Xander."I muttered against his lips in a kiss. Alice ran to us. Pulling me away from Xander. The Cullens and Jacob were gathered around us. I looked at her. She looked happy, heck everyone did."Grace, did you and Xander have something to ask us?"The pixie girl clasped her hands together. I looked up at Xander and he shrugged. Then the thought hit me. In the corner of my eye, I saw Edward nod to my thoughts."Oh, Carlisle and everyone. Xander and I would love to stay with you. And become part of your coven."I quickly blurted out and started nibbling on my bottom lip. I squeezed Xander's hand. Carlisle stepped toward us. "Welcome to the family. We all would love to have you both."Everyone, even Jacob nodded in agreement to Carlisle. Esme came up and hugged us. Then everyone else hugged us in a line.

Xander and I walked back our new home with our new family. We were on edge to find a car pulled up in the driveway. But the scent was shifter. We all walked up into the driveway. Jacob ran ahead and hugged a guy. The guy was the same height as Jacob. He wasn't as tan and didn't have black hair. The guy had dirty blonde hair with greenish blue eyes. Amazing greenish blue eyes. I blushed as I thought that. Jacob introduced everyone. The guy was the mysterious TJ, Jacob's cousin. He greeted everyone and shook their hands. As soon as he came by me, our eyes met and it felt like it was just him and me. Nothing else. I don't know if he felt it. But he was turning red and instantly looked down. I shook my head to clear my thoughts. But I couldn't shake the feeling I was having. TJ went on, then Jacob took him out into the woods to talk about the pack and the rules. Xander squeezed my hand, bringing me back to Earth. I watched TJ leave with Jacob.  TJ glanced back at me with a deep blush on his face. I finally gazed up at Xander. He was frowning. I didn't understand what just happened. And I needed answers. I talked Xander into going out hunting. It took alot of convincing since he thought something was wrong with me. But finally he left.

I went downstairs, wanting to talk to someone about the feelings I was having. I was greatly confused. I looked around, I found Esme first."Esme?Can I talk to you like a daughter would to her Mother?"Esme nodded and sat down with me. I couldn't believe what I was about to say.

***Cliffhanger!!!! What do you all think? Is Grace just imagining things with TJ or is there something behind this...... Find out in the next chapter. Comment and vote please!!!Thank you!***