My Humanity

***I don't own Twilight. I just own my characters and plot.***

It was only a few years after I was born, I looked about thirteen years old already. Suplicia, my StepMother had dressed me this morning. I had a new cream corsette under a golden silk princess dress. My red hair was braided over my shoulder. I drank human blood with all my meals so my eyes were more red than green. I pulled my silk gloves onto my hands, tightening them around my wrists. Suplicia left my door unlocked so I could explore the castle while my Father was busy. I slipped on my slippers as I walked out of my room. I glanced  down both hallways as I walked down the long flight of stairs. I came to the bed courters. I could hear small whispers about each room. I snuck by the rooms. I found myself in the throne room.

I was hidden behind  a royal purple curtain behin my Father and my Uncle's thrones. I watched as a group of  villagers were brought in. They were amazed by the castle so much that  they were too distracted too notice my Family attack them. My eyes were drawn to my Father that had grabbed a young girl. She was only  a young  woman. She was really pretty for a human. My Father stroked her blushed cheek. Her big brown eyes stared at my Father with fear. He pulled her messy, long brown hair off her neck. Tears fell from her eyes. The young woman was pleading for her life. Yet my Father would not let her go. I was about to run to him when a hand touched my shoulder. I almost jumped out of my skin. I looked up to see  Alec. His dark hair was down to his shoulders. He had blood on his lips. He smirked down at me."Princess you shouldn't be peeking at your Father."  I felt my cheeks warm. I looked down."Well I...I just wanted to explore."I whispered. Alec tilted my head up by my chin. He licked his lips."We'll explore together from now on Princess. Just stick with me."Alec smiled at me and took my hand. I glanced back through the curtain. I saw my Father drinking from the young woman. I winced as Alec pulled me away.

Alec and I explored the depths of Volterra Castle. He read too me books from the library. Alec was my only friend. Jane, his sister hated me. I took her brother away from her. Suplicia would pet Alec take me out of the castle. We visited the villagers. They didn't know who I was.  But I got to play with their children and interact with all of them. By the time I was full grown, I was locked up more. Father told Alec to keep watch. And Suplicia was barely able to see me. I was in my own prison. I would watch the world change over the years from my window.

One day it was snowing, I woke up to my Father shaking me."Get ready. I want to spend time with my daughter."I got up and the maids came in to help me dress. I braided my hair around my head in a bun. And I pulled on my gloves. It was rather cold so I wore long sleeved dress. My Father took my hand. He led me to the throne room. There was a orchestra playing. But no one else,but my Father and I. He pulled me to him. My Father placed one hand on my waist and the other in my hand. While I held his hand, my other arm leaned against his arm on my waist. I blushed as I looked at my Father. He never did this before. I gazed into his crimson eyes. "Father, I miss you."I spoke, finally breaking the silence.  Father looked at me and smiled."Oh Gracie, I miss you too. I am incredibly sorry I can't spend time with you. Your my only daughter. But I am the ruler here. And have many subjects to be with."I nodded."I know Father. I understand."I leaned my head  onto his shoulder. I closed my eyes, wanting to keep this moment forever. I glanced up at him after dancing for awhile. He was listening to my heartbeat. I could tell by the determined look on his face. I heard the doors open, Alec and Jane walked in. Alec caught my Father's attention immediately. We stopped  dancing and I frowned. My Father glanced at me, but I was already looking at Alec. And Alec was staring at me the same way. I blushed and looked down. My Father smirked and clapped his hands together. He took his seat and I watched him wave Alec to me. Alec offered me his hand. I took it gently. And we danced for the first time. I smiled at Alec. My heart fluttered. But I knew I couldn't be with Alec. He was one of the guards. Father wouldn't allow it. But within the following days, Father contradicted himself. He gave permission for Alec to court me. Just as we were, Alec met another vampire. Her name was Natalia. She came to the Volturi with her gift of seeing the future. So my courtship ended as quickly as it started.Alec and Natalia were together all the time.

That was until one night, Natalia snuck into my room. She was one of the guards outside of my room. Natalia came in while I slept and tried to suffocate me. I woke up and grabbed her. Without thinking of my gloves. Natalia screamed as she was turned back into a human. I gasped, not knowing what I did. Alec ran in and took Natalia away. I never saw her again. Alec was upset with me. And Father would visit me more.

I was outside one spring morning. I held the ends of my long dress in my glived hands. I squealed as I ran away from Alec and Demetri. They were chasing me in the Volterra Garden. Father allowed me to stay in the courtyard. Alec came up behind me, grabbing waist and spinning me around. Demetri joined in and tickled me."Tell us you give in, Princess Grace."Demetri chuckled. I blushed and squirmed."Never. I shall get you both back for this."I giggled. They pulled away from me long enough for me to fix my dress. My dress was up to date with the year, it was slim and cotton, off the shoulder dress. I smiled as I took off running.  They were vampires so they caught up to me. I ended up surrendering and sitting with them. Both of them were my guards for wandering around the castle.

Years later, I was at my vanity brushing my hair in my night gown. Suplicia came in with our story book. I crawled up into bed, falling asleep to Cinderella. I woke up to someone biting my neck. I never saw their face. My Father ran into my room with Alec and Demetri. They pulled the vampire off of me. The pain seeped into my body. I felt like I was on fire. My Father grabbed me up and laid me in his lap. He leaned forward, biting into my neck once more. I winced, but clung to him. Father drank the venom out of my blood. And I fell unconscious.

I woke up. Grabbing my neck. Feeling the smooth scarring on my neck that barely showed now. I was sweating. I remember those memories so well. It felt like it happened just yesterday. I glanced around. TJ was asleep beside me. I remember witnessing my Father killing humans without a care. I cared about humans. I didn't see humans as food. I drank bloodbags that humans donated willingly. I wanted to be their friends. My Father didn't know that he was the one who gave me my humanity. He showed humans no mercy in front of me so I never wanted myself to be like that. I promised myself this. I didn't notice I was crying until I had to wipe my eyes. I got out of bed and went downstairs. Esme was in the kitchen, cleaning up. She looked at me.

I wiped my eyes more."I had a nigjtmare of my memories with my Father. They weren't all horrible. Some were good. But ...I don't like it."I sighed. Esme put on some hot chocolate for me."I'm sorry dear."She sat beside me as comfort while I drank my hot chocolate. I leaned my head on her shoulder. And she held me. I finished my warm drink and Esme took me into the livingroom. We watched SisterHood of the Traveling Pants until I fell asleep beside her.

***Ok so you saw the loving side of the Volturi. Especially Aro. I felt like I should tell you all more about Grace's past. So this is only a glance at it. I hope you liked it. Comment and Vote.***