The Day You Left Me

August 22, 2009

I stare down at the floor as my legs are hugged to my chest. I have no more tears to cry. I think my eyes have turned into the desert. I can't think right now. I feel a cool hand touch my shoulder. I don't even move, I just can't. "Grace, honey. You need to go home and eat, then maybe sleep some. He will be here for you when you come back." Rosalie says. Her hand rubs my back. Or I guess that's what she is doing. My body is numb at the moment.

I shake my head. "I have to be here if he wakes up, Rose. I can't. If he wakes up and I'm not here, I would never forgive myself." I mutter. I finally look at her. I know she is worried, hell everyone is. Everything was fine, almost perfect the last six months.

"TJ wouldn't want you to neglect yourself. What about CJ and Izzy? They need their Mother. Especially now." Rosalie asks. She pulls me into her arms.  I feel tears start to fall again. I bury my head into her chest. A loud sob slips my lips, only to be muffled by Rose's chest.

~Flashback of two days ago~

"Look at them. They will be into everything now that they are crawling." Esme says, crossing her arms across her chest. I snap the baby gate into place, blocking the stairs from my very curious, crawling children. CJ and Izzy are on the floor with all their toys.

"I know. I found Izzy out of her crib this morning and in their closet while CJ was in the bottom drawer of the dresser. It's insane." I let out a laugh. Walking over to the kitchen counter and grabbing sippy cups filled with juice. I walk back over to CJ and Izzy. I squat down onto the blanket. Handing CJ the blue sippy cup and the pink one to Izzy. They both put their cups to their mouths to drink. I lay back against the couch.

Esme smiles. "You are a great Mother. You know that? CJ and Izzy both adore you and TJ. Where is TJ anyways?" She asks. Glancing around to see if he was around.

I let out a sigh." He told me he had something to do today. But he really didn't tell what he was exactly going to do." I roll my eyes. I look down at the babies. They were both mumbling in their secret language. I giggle. CJ couldn't stand not being near his Sister. And Izzy would cry if she wasn't near CJ.

I hear the door to the garage open. Alice rushes in. Panic filling her eyes. But before I could ask, she pulls me to my feet. "Esme can watch CJ and Minnie. You need to get to the hospital now." Her words hit me like a ton of bricks.

"What do you mean, Alice? What happened?" I grab her by my gloved hands. Squeezing rather hard. My heart swells with worry. "Please....tell me."

Alice sighs. She glances at Esme, who was as worried as me. "TJ got in an accident. I think it was your Uncle Caius. He bit TJ....Grace, he needs you now. Carlisle is trying to get all the venom out." She mutters so quickly that I almost didn't catch what she said. My eyes widen at her words. I hear a deafening scream fill the room. Only to acknowledge that it was from me.

~Flashback over~

And here I was standing in the doorway of TJ's hospital room. A few feet away is TJ laying down on the bed. His heart slowly beating, slowly pushing my Uncle's venom further told his heart. Tears fill my eyes as I look my husband over. Tubes are everywhere. Carlisle said that the venom is slowly killing him and every tube hooked up to him helps ease the fire.

I feel my eyes water again. Shit! I have been crying nonstop. I slowly make my way to sit down in the chair that was beside TJ's bed. I lean forward. Grabbing his warm hand. "Please don't leave me, Tyler. I can't....I can't handle losing you." I whisper. Looking down at his hand for any sign of life. But his hand is lifeless in mine. "I love you, TJ so much. Izzy and CJ need you as much as I do. Please come back to me, baby." Tears streak my cheeks. I pull away from his hand. I wipe my eyes that are probably red and swollen, but I didn't care.