The Restaurant

Abby's POV

He gazed into me his chocolate brown eyes, boring into mine.

He was still holding on to me, not letting me go.

I knew that he had no intention on moving, neither did I, but someone had to move away.

"Sir?" I whispered and pushed him away, gently trying to pry him off, but instead he tightened his grip on me.

"I'm sorry, I'm just not used to this, this is how I always do it with my employees"

My limbs were frozen, unable to move from the warm position, and oddly comfortable.

He's always been like this?

How about those before me? Have they experienced much worse than me?

He lifted me up, propping my elbow to stand up. He turned away and returned to his desk without a word.

"Get some files at the File Room, files A, D and E, I want them neatly arranged and alphabetized" He said and turned back to work on his laptop.

I quickly walked out, but before I could get out I heard him speak, stopping me in place.

He sighed before speaking sincerely. "Let me treat you to lunch, to make up for my terrible actions"

I responded with a curt nod, not knowing what to say and left the room in a hurry.

*****

I've been circling five floors already, and yet I haven't found the room where the files were.

That's the first thing I should have asked him before I left in a hurry, but I was just too shocked to even mouth the right words to him.

My stupid instincts finally kicked in and told me to ask people around me.

I took notice of the blonde man standing next the refill station.

Slowly approaching him, he probably heard my footsteps and turned my way.

Parker smiled, his striking face more vibrant in the lights above.

He looked at me with a cute and cheeky grin, looking so adorable than ever.

"Don't really know where the file room is, mind showing me where?"

He combed his hand through his hair, messing it, and yet he still looked gorgeous. "What for?"

I fought back the urge to frown. "My boss asked me to get it"

He doesn't answer and takes my hand, leading me to the room where the files were supposed to be.

He gestured to the stacks of paper in front of us. "Do you want me to help you find the files?"

The widest smile grew on my face. "Glad to hear that, I can't find them all in these many papers without my boss yelling at me"

*****

We sat down on one of the booths of the cafe inside the building, placing the papers on the table in front of us.

I rubbed my aching shoulders, massaging them gently. "I can't believe we found them that quickly"

Parker rolled his shoulders, trying to ease the pain in them. "Yeah, but it did take a lot of effort to find them"

I laughed in response, focusing on my aching shoulders. Parker then tapped me on the arm, turning my attention to him.

He cocked a brow playfully at me. "It's lunch time, maybe we can grab some food together?"