Hope

Dave's POV

I came back to my house. Rage and Anger consuming my insides.

I couldn't find her, I didn't know.

I slammed the door behind me, causing the maid next to me to cower in fear. I looked back to her with guilt before telling her to leave me for a moment.

I walked to my bedroom and took a long shower, telling myself to cool down and controlling my anger. After showering I changed into some sweat pants and a blue shirt before going out and heading to the wine room.

I took out some vodka, pouring it's contents to a shot glass before gulping it down.

The liquid burned in my throat, giving me a craving for another shot. But before I could give my self another, Nanny appeared in the doorway. She shook her head before coming in closer to me.

"No, no this isn't right. Don't do this to yourself" She took the alcohol from my hands and kept it back inside the cabinet.

"I couldn't find her, I looked everywhere but she wasn't there" I muttered. Nanny turned to me with pity and sorrow, she sat next to the stool next me while I remained still.

"I'm sure she's out there. We can call the police if you want to-"

"We can't. You do know what he'll do to her if we do that." I cut her off, causing her to slump down. I covered my face with my hands before I felt a tear run down on my face.

"What am I going to do? Thsi is all my fault" I sobbed as I felt the tears run loose, letting them fall freely,letting my walls crumble down.

"Don't give up, I'm sure she's still there. Why don't you head on out for another round? I'm sure you haven't checked it all out." She whispered next to me. I wipe my eyes furiously as I began cussing my wretched father.

I can't give up. I wouldn't. I would have to die trying than live without her with me.

"Sure. I'll go for another round. Thank you Nanny. And can you please call me if my father calls in again?" I started getting my keys. She nodded and went to my room to grab my bag.

She came back after a minute,I took out the gun and took off the safety lock.

"Be careful out there. I don't want you getting hurt." She hugged me before whispering her goodbye.

I pulled away from the hug and smiled down to her, she smiled back at me while I nodded.

"I'll be back before sunrise. I'll make sure to check every corner of this city." I grabbed my bag from the table before heading to the door.

"Dave?"

I stopped infront of the door, I turned back to Nanny who was looking worried.

"Just... stay safe, alright?" She looked up to me with worried eyes. I smiled back at her before answering.

"Sure." I replied with a final nod before heading out and jogging to my car.

****

Abby's POV

The sound of water kept me awake. I stretch my arms before my eyes opened.Charles was no longer beside me, I glance to the clock to see that it was already 1 am.

A shade of light comes from the bathroom door and Charles steps out. A towel wrapped around him hanging dangerously low on his waist.

I feign sleep and close my eyes, hearing Charles' footsteps coming in closer to the bed.

I take a peek and see him changing clothes, reliefed at the same time to see him in jeans. He puts on a grey shirt before bringing a hand up to his wet hair.

He glanced at me, sure enough he couldn't see me awake because of the darkness of the room.

He smiles at me before laying down next to me, I shut my eyes as I hear his breathing next to me.

"I know you're awake Abby" His voice sounded deep and husky. I groaned softly, still pretending to sleep.

A click came from my left and light shined in the room. I opened my eyes to see the lamp open and Charles grinning at me.

I raised a brow while he chuckled for a moment.

"Are you still sleepy?" He asked with a small smile on his lips.

"Well, we still can if you want" I shrugged.

"Not really, we slept the whole day and I'm kinda hungry now" He patted his stomach while I looked down at the bed.

"Do you want to eat?" He asked while fiddlung with the bed sheets.

"Sure, I am pretty hungry" I nodded at him and stood up from the bed.

"McDonalds it is then?" Charles puts on a leather jacket before grabbing some keys.

I head to the front door when Charles suddenly pulls me back. Causing me to focus on his brown eyes up close.

His hands were down on my waist, hugging me tightly. My hands were blocking his chest from getting any closer. His face was too close that I can see his pupils focused on mine. His minty breathe fanned on my face, sending goosebumps down to my body.

"I trust you Abby, please don't do anything I'll regret." Charles said, his eyes scanning mine while waiting for an answer.

"S-sure" I glanced down to the floor, he slowly lets go before nodding at me in response.

We head out to the door, I stare down to the hallways, realizing that I didn't know where to go. Charles seems to get me and takes my hand in his.

He smiles at me before pulling me behind him as we made our way out.

His hand was surprisingly soft. I'm afriad that it's way softer than mine. Why didn't I feel this before?

We came upon a wooden door, Charles unlocks it. Instantly my nose takes a whiff of the moist grass and nature, He pulls me outside while I take in the view.

"Come on it's this way" Charles' hand that was in mine tugged gently. I turn to my left to see his car parked near us.

We started to walk when all of a sudden Charles stopped, causing me to bump to his hard back.

His eyebrows furrowed in curiosity. He seemed focused on another spot and I immedietly directed my focus to it.

It was another car, a car that looked oddly familiar. I was about to ask Charles when the car opened and someone stepped out.

My heart felt like exploding any moment. I was so stunned that a small gasp escaped my lips. Tears started to well up on my tears.

He came to find me. He knew that I was missing.

I thought he doesn't care.

I thought I was all alone.

But he came.

Dave came to rescue me.