Limerence In A Kiss

Abby's POV

I turned my gaze, avoiding Dave and his father as I walked away.

I couldn't handle it, to see him believe his father, choosing him over me.

I mean, why should I even be picky? He was his father after all, he deserved the trust his son gives him.

While I on the other hand, gave Dave everything to him, yet he still didn't trust in me.

I pushed the door open, barely giving enough strength to do so. I was exhausted, my limbs were like jelly and my tears were hot on my eyes.

I furiously wiped my tears, angry at myself for being so weak infront of his father. He was a jerk, he doesn't deserve to see me vulnerable.

I searched the building, looking for Charles. I needed him right now, his shoulder I had to cry on.

Yet I didn't find him.

My heart lurched, I was left out again. My mind was hazy as I walked, bumping into people who narrowed their eyes at me.

I gritted my teeth, annoyed that I had no idea where to go. I found myself walking to the rest room and shutting the door behind me.

I splashed some cold water on my face, trying to wake myself from the hopes of getting Dave back. I took some tissues by the side and hastily wiped my damp face, staring at my reflection.

I looked so horrible, this wasn't what I thought I would look. The dark rims uner my eyes were prominent, my eyes were puffy and red, while my skin was ghastly and pale.

My blue eyes were the only vibrant color on my dull face, which wasn't such a big deal to me at all. They were always the only color that stood out in my face.

I sniffled, my nose runny as I opened the door. There wasn't much to do now anyway, after that horrible talk with Dave's father, food was what I needed right now.

I heard swearing, followed by loud footsteps.

I turned to my side, my jaw set as I saw him approaching. He stopped in his steps, the distance from me to him and the cold silence that streched between us was nerve shaking.

His dark eyes lowered, slowly meeting mine in a warm way. He came in closer, his steps closing the distance between us. I felt his hand lightly brush my arm, the action sending sparks dancing inside me.

His face was dangerously close to mine, our breaths mingled as our eyes were locked together. He leaned in closer, our lips brushing vaguely and I stopped my hands from wrapping it around his neck and to kiss him like I've always wanted.

He bit his lip, hands sliding to the wall on both sides of me. I tried not to faint as he whispered the words that I've always wanted to hear. "You drive me crazy, Abby. I don't know how or why, but you're so... addiciting"

I brought my hand to his chest, stifling a gasp as I noticed how buff he was from before. I tried to push him away, but the look on his face told me that I shouldn't.

I slipped my hand on his neck, tilting my head to the side as I leaned in closer than I ever did before.

I really wanted to kiss him, but I didn't know if he felt the same way.

He swallowed. "I'm trying to..."His head dipped, closing the small gap between us, my eyes fluttered close as I waited for his lips to meet mine.

It didn't come.

I opened my eyes, seeing that he also had his eyes closed, his forehead against mine while he remained silent.

"I can't kiss you"

It took me a minute for his words to register in my mind.

Pain stabbed me forcefully, the wound bleeding in my heart. I dropped my hands to the sides, my limbs feeling weak again. My face felt hot as I looked down to the ground, fighting back the tears that threatened to spill.

He stepped back, avoiding my stance as he looked anywhere but me. After a moment of silence, he looked at me, his hand reaching ou to hold mine. "Look, Abby I-"

I pushed his hand away, my eyes unwavering as I spoke. "Please, if you're going to do this then just leave me alone"

I hugged my hands to myself, turning away from him as I started to leave. My legs were shaking, continuously stumbling as I walked.

Warm hands caught me as I tripped, whispering my name as if I was going to faint. I looked up to see Charles staring at me, his eyes confused while his brows were furrowed.

His voice was a haze, as if my hearing was lost as he spoke. He kept on talking, shaking me gently as my eyes felt droopy. I smiled weakly before greeting him. "Charles, where have you been?"

He turned away, averting his eyes for a second before he finally answered me. "I went out, had something important to go to"

I laughed, the feeble action drained so much of the strength I had left. I pushed him away from me, stumbling from the abrupt movement that I made.

"Both of you, stay away from me" My hands were tight in fists as I tried not to close my eyes from exhaustion.

"You both have more important things to do, so why bother pestering me?"

Charles stepped forward, his face crumpled in pain as he tried to explain. "Please Abby, I didn't mean to-"

"You didn't mean to leave me? Then why even do it in the first place?" I narrowed my eyes, angry at both of them. Dave had his eyes downcast, guilt seen on his face as he realized what I meant.

I left them, feeling both of their eyes at the back of my head. Let them stare, it's all they could do for me now.

I was in the far end of the hallway, finding my way to the exit. I needed some time alone, this was my last night before I had to work here again. My stomach rumbled, growling in hunger. I decided that I would grab some doughnuts on my way back home.

Before I even had my hand on the door, someone came from behind me. I felt warm hands on my wrists, pulling me towards the person. My vision spun, knocking the air from my lungs. I tried to pull my hands away, but the grip was too tight and I had no strength left to fight.

My breath hitched in my throat, seeing Dave's dark eyes above me. He held me firmly, his eyes set ablaze. Fire seemed to dance inside them, the flame lighting up his deep eyes into a honey brown shade.

He dipped his head, his face so close to mine like before. He looked down on my lips, as I felt myself drifting down to his.

His lips met mine.

******

Hello people!

*waves frantically behind the screen*

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! I've been sick and I took the time to write an update while I'm in bed 😅

Just to warn you all, We'll be in A LOT of drama sooner and I hope you all stick around to read it 😊

That's it for now! See you in the next update 😉

Lots of Love ❤
-Author