Another Time

Dave's POV

She sat there, fiddling with her fingers. I glanced at her with every moment that passed. Somehow, she was very attractive, with the way her luscious brown locks cascade through her alluring face, her lips the most softest, and her electric blue eyes shining like the ocean reflecting against the sun.

I rubbed my jaw, thinking deeply as one hand steered the wheel. There was something about her,  like she felt so missing from my life, why did it feel like that?

For the past three years, memories have been blurry, unfamiliar faces were always on my mind, I've searched for these faces, but they were just too hard to find.

I cleared my throat, grabbing her attention. "So, how does it sound being my secretary?"

She still ignored my stare. "What?"

I stopped the car, barely remembering where I'm driving to.

I swallowed, suddenly feeling nervous. "Where do you live? I forgot to ask you that."

So much for changing the topic without sounding like a creepy stalker.

She shot up, looking me in the eye. I was stunned, mesmerized by them, I can't help but stare, they were just so vibrant and blue...

She spoke so soft I thought it was a whisper. "Just straight forward, you'll find my village and I'll just point the direction of my house"

I nodded, following her instructions amd began driving. Soon later, we came by the cozy houses, I assumed that this was her neighborhood, so we must be close to her house.

She clutched to her bag. "This is my stop" I stepped on the brake as she got out, slamming the door behind her.

I followed her out, calling after her. "Hey wait!"

She stopped, clenching her fist before turning to me, I really can't get over those eyes. "Why?"

My lips parted, trying to answer her question, why the hell can't I answer?

The air was thick and it made me sweat, she was silent as she waited for my answer.

Finally, I had the answer I needed. "Uh, I forgot to tell you to come early tomorrow because-"

"You don't tolerate with employees being tardy, I know" She finished, the small smile on her face as she walked off.

Again, I called her attention, she turned to me with frustration clear on her face. "What?"

"I still don't know who you are, mind givng me an introduction?"

Her lips parted in surprise, with eyes beaming in interest.

With one step closer, she spoke with a mischievous smirk on her face.

"I'm Abby Velasco, try remebering that name Dave"

And then, she was gone.

Instantly, as if I was awoken from the truth, the blurry faces returned.

And if I wasn't wrong, the face was unrecognizable.

But it was a woman.

*****

Abby's POV

I closed the door behind me, leaning my head on the frame.

I blinked back the tears, seeing that they've blurred my vision from the ceiling above.

I was supposed to die, why did he come in time to save me?

I heard his engine revved to life, he must have left by now.

I marched to my fridge, taking out some doughnuts and stuffing them in my mouth, stress eating right now was what I needed.

The doorbell rang, someone was at the door. I wiped the glaze of doughnut on my lips before opening the door.

Charles appeared, holding a box of wings in his hand. "Hey, mind if I come in?" He raised his eyebrows in question. I step aside and let him enter.

He sat down on the couch, propping his feet on the coffe table. "So, how's life? Haven't heard from you since two days."

I slapped his feet that were propped on the table, he groaned before placing them down to the floor. " It's been hell, many things happened while you were gone."

He raised an eyebrow, his hazel orbs flickered in interest. I opened up the box he brought and munched on a wing.

I swallowed before I spoke. "First of all, something happened at the bar."

He shot up, his back arched as he signalled me to continue.

I threw the wing back inside the box, hesitantly looking back to it whether to eat it or to keep talking. "I had a one night stand with someone"

Instanly, he tensed up, probably surprised and angry at the same time. "Who was it?"

I shrugged, picking up the wing and observing it's crispy skin, these things are really good. " Didn't see his face, can't remember much from that night, I was so...wasted"

I raised my eyes to meet his hazel ones. "How about you, did something happen?"

He wondered his eyes to the chicken in my hand, suddenly interested in it. "Same as you, but she was gone when I woke up"

I opened my mouth to speak, but he spoke first. " I don't remember much, but I do have one memory from that night, her soft auburn hair, vivd blue eyes that were brighter than the lights flashing from the club" His eyes were a daze, probably remembering the distinct memory in his mind.

His eyes locked with mine. "At first glance, I really thought she was you"

My lips were a thin line, suddenly feeling the tense atmosphere.

I laughed nervously, the thought of his feelings for me made me nervous. "I'm sure it wasn't me, because you were first to leave me at the table idiot"

He laughed, the tension around us leaving. "Sure, it's because you were too boring to be with"

I punched him on the shoulder, he winced at my actions before rubbing the sore spot.

As if he was here, Dave came across my mind. Did Charles know that he was alive?

I smiled at Charles, looking down to the spot where I've punched him.

"Anyway, how's work? Does that Zach dude still bother you?"

I took a bite from the wing, chewing it slowly. "Not really, he's alright now"

He took the remote from the table, turning the TV on. "I'm free tomorrow, we can do some shopping while I'm free, are you busy tomorrow?"

I shrugged, another idea struck my mind. "Actually, Do you mind helping me tomorrow? I have to move some stuff from the office"

He glanced to me, his attention still on the TV. "Why so?"

"I got fired"

He turned so fast I thought his neck snapped. "What? Why?"

"I kind of ruined a very important deal with Zach" Partially, that was a lie and the truth. I did ruin his deal with Dave, but I wasn't fired, I just got transferred to a new job.

Charles doesn't need to know about Dave, things will only get much worse than now.

He doesn't need to know.

The feeling of the rocks against my body seemed much more easier than the life I'm living right now.

No matter how hard I hide the truth, this secret will soon come out, and eventually, my life would be a living nightmare again.

*****

VOTE

COMMENT

That's all for now readers! See you in the next update :)

Lots of Love ❤
-Author