Regret

Abby's POV

One came.

And then another.

Then it came continuously.

With a blink of an eye, From a perfectly civilzed conversation, came the inevitable violence.

I stood there. Staring helplessly at the scene, Until one of the security came in and tried to rip off the two from tearing each other apart.

Another guard came in and they were finally able to control the two men.

"How dare you? I'm your father Davidson!"

Davidson? That's his full name? But i thought it was Dave?

Snap out of it Abby!

A sudden shiver crawls up my skin, I look up to see his father glancing back at me while he shouted.

"Let go of me" Dave muttered as he shrugs the guard's hands that were  holding him back,

His father does the same, but more furiously.

He fixes the necktie on him as he remained silent.

Dave remained silent as well but then he took hold of my cold hands before squeezing it.

His father directed his attention on me. The shade of his eyes seem to darken, the once brown color seemed to turn black, eyes fuming and ablaze, Ready to ignite.

I took notice of the crimson liquid running down to his jaw, the side of his lip had a cut, his cheeks were flushed red, And a small bruise forming on his left eye.

Even if I was behind Dave, i noticed that his face looked a lot damaged than his father.

His nose bleeding, the red tint halfaway to his lips, But he quickly took out his hankerchief and blocked it out. He winced but then stopped seeing that he had a cut on his lip, his cheeks were also flushed red and his right eye had a bruise with a shade of green and purple.

"We're leaving" Dave said through gritted teeth, his breath seemed ragged as he pulled me to the door.

"You'll Regret this Son. I swear you will regret this" His father warned him while sending me glares, My body shivered as we left the room.

Dave pulled me inside his office, he closed the door and locked it before we settled down on the sofa.

Silence seemed thick around us as no one spoke, our minds drifting off at many other thoughts,

I brought out the first aid kit near the sofa and picked up a small cotton ball before dabbing a small amount of alcohol on it.

"Here, i know it will hurt if I do it so you do it yourself, i'll get some ice for that bruise." I handed him the cotton ball before heading to the small fridge   in his office.

I placed the ice in a small ice bag before returning back nrxt to him and pressing gently on his bruise.

He glanced back at me before lookig down at the cotton ball on his hand before pressing it to his wound.

I smiled weakly before grabbing a small amount of tissue and pressing it to his nose.

As soon as his wounds were cleansed and all wrapped up, I threw the used cotton and returned the first aid kit in its original place.

"Listen, about awhile ago..." He said, placing a hand on my knee and rubbing it slowly,

I nodded my head, signalling him to continue,

"Don't mind my father, he's just worried about my dignity and all about the business respect..."He continued, his eyes glancing from the room except mine.

"But don't worry it's just-" I stopped him, bringing a hand to his cheek and looking up to meet his eyes,

"If you don't want to talk about it, it's fine" I said, smiling at him.

He smiled for a short period of time before his eyes bore into mine.

He planted a quick kiss on my lips, savoring the time even if it was only seconds, My body relaxed at the intimate touch of his lips.

****

Hours passed until it was funallu time to end work and head home, Derek drove at McDonald's for a quick drive thru to get some food.

I waved goodbye at him before he drove off, leaving me to my house as i entered inside.

I flicked the switch on, lights illuminating the living room, I placed down my food on the table before taking a quick shower.

I put on a white tank top and knee length leggings before heading to the living room.

I turned on the TV and flicked it on a movie before eating my fries.

I sipped on my sode before my doorbell rang, My brows furrowed seeing that it was past 10, who could still be coming here late in the night?

I paused the movie and placed my fries on the table, i grabbed a small knife in the kitchen and placed it in my back pocket, hidden but ready to grab.

I twisted the doorknob open and placed my hand on my back pocket.

Nothing but the my front porch was there,the dark sky illuminated by small flecks of stars,

I slowly closed my door, seeing that no one was there, But then it stopped from closing, i tried to push it but it was no use,

And then suddenly, my door went flying back, the hi ges almost cracking, A rough hand gripped on my arm, I gasped and and screamed, but a fabric came to my face and covered my nose and mouth,

My screams came out as muffled sounds, my limbs kicking and trying to hit the man keeping me captive,

The man came in closer to my ear and whispered making my blood drop cold.

"Breathe" He whispered, and i kept my breath on hold. I know what chloroform can do and i'm very much afraid of what will be the consequences.

I shook my head and tears brim my vision,

My chest started to burn, my lungs screaming for air, I elbowed the guy on his stomach and i suceeded, my legs started running to the cold wind outside,

A kick cam from behind and i stumbled to the ground, acraping my elbow, The man pressed the cloth against my face,

"Breathe or i'll do it the hard way" He warned, i dug my nails on his skin but he remained still.

"Keep her alive Charles" Another voice spoke, Charles stood me up and i got a full view of the other man,

I couldn't handle it and i breathed in the fabric, the smell filling up my lungs.

My eyelids slowly drooped, the chemical taking effect,

But before my eyelids dropped shut, I saw Dave's Father standing infront of me, muttering words that i couldn't understand.

His final words rang in my head before i fell unconscious.