Unfortunate

Abby's POV

"I can handle it myself"

Charles swatted my hand away, my offering to help rejected instantly. I swallowed nervously as I glanced at his direction, seeing him struggling to get up from the floor.

Parker had his hands on his hips, glaring at Charles. "She offered to help, and you swat her hand away like some bee? What an attitude you have there" Parker snickered as Charles still struggled to get up, groaning and hissing through his clenched teeth.

After a few attempts, he wobbled on his own two feet as he struggled to balance. I tried to help him, but he jerked his elbow away from me as he walked away.

Parker sighed before crouching down with a tissue in his hand, wiping the small specs of blood on the floor. "Let him go, at least we tried to help him"

"Why don't you talk with Dave? Ask him why he almost killed Charles, I'm starting to think that the two men can rip each other's head with one glance" He frustratingly wiped on a spot of blood that didn't want to come off, mumbling curses as he did so.

I didn't want to talk to Dave, especially after witnessing him almost kill a friend of mine. But there must be some sort of explanation as to why he almost knocked Charles out cold, he wouldn't get mad for any shallow reason.

I nodded, agreeing with Parker's idea. I walked to the door, stopping beside Parker and patting him on the shoulder before I left the room.

Bringing my hands to my arms to warm me up, I tried to find Dave through the crowds of people. Many of my coworkers had piles of files on their hands, trying to balance with the heavy stack of papers in their grasp. I turned my head to the sound of a short scream, seeing a lady with her clothes drenched in steaming coffee. I shuddered, feeling cold with sweat sticking to my skin. The constant rubbing of my bare arms to other people made my skin burn.

I gasped in relief, looking behind the crowd that I was in. I managed to squeeze a way out before someone almost spilled coffee on me. I wiped the sweat off my forehead before walking to the elevator.

I dialed Dave's number, hoping he would answer, but the call went straight into voice mail after a few rings. I chucked my phone back to my pocket and hurried outside of the building.

I ran for the parking lot, hoping to find his car there. If it was there then he didn't leave, which would mean he was inside the building and not in the road. Thinking that he might be driving right now made my stomach twist in fear, he can't possible drive while he's consumed in anger, or worse if he was injured.

I tripped on a lost rock, my elbow scraping against the concrete floor as I fell. I hissed in pain, feeling my elbow prickly and stinging in agony.

I pressed the wound with a hanky, trying to stop the bleeding. I sat down on one of the benches beside the side walk and focused on my wound.

I leaned on the bench, removing the cloth before staring at the wound. It wasn't that deep, but it stung painfully whenever a breeze blew on it.

The bench creaked, the weight causing the wooden seat to grate. I glanced to my left to see a man sitting next to me, wearing dark blue jeans and a black muscle tee.

He cleared his throat, his hand resting on the empty space next to mine. I felt nauseous, fearing that this man might have different intentions as to why he sat next to me.

"That's a nasty wound right there" He pointed to my bruise, the tips of his finger almost touching my skin. His voice sounded very familiar, as if I've heard his voice before.

My skin crawled, the ends of my hair standing straight. I scooted further away from him, feeling uncomfortable being near him.

"Do I know you?" I asked, meeting his eyes, I stifled a gasp once I found myself staring at the steel gaze he gave me. I shuddered and swallowed the lump on my throat.

He leaned closer, his hand resting on the bench while the other laid limp on his knee. I clenched my fist as I focused on his menacing gaze.

"Yes, you do- "

He was caught off by my fist, my knuckles colliding with his cheek. I stumbled backwards as I got up from the bench, blowing on my throbbing hand as I backed away from him.

"I only wanted to talk!" He groaned, holding the side of his face as he got up. I couldn't see any bruise on his face, but I was sure that I punched him hard enough to stumble.

I turned on my heel and ran, my breathing in quick patterns as I sprinted down the street. I looked over my shoulder, hoping to see him far away from me. Instead I saw him catching up, his long legs giving him an advantage. I opened my mouth to scream, drying my throat out as I cried for help.

I heard him laugh behind me, his voice crackling in amusement. "There's no one around here Abby, no one's going to help you now, not even Dave"

I almost tripped, staring dagger at the rock under my feet. I swiftly picked it up, gripping it tight to my hand before facing behind and throwing it straight to his face.

He screamed in pain, covering his eye that blood was dripping out from. I froze for a moment, regretting my actions. He howled as his knees gave in and fell to the ground, I flinched once his eyes met mine, blood smeared on the side of his face, streaming down to his cheek and falling to the street with a small splat.

My lungs burned, my feet were aching, and I was sweating profusely. I narrowed my eyes at him as he stared at me in anger.

Suddenly, he lunged forward, almost grabbing my ankle as I managed to out run him. I heard loud footsteps behind me, forcing my adrenaline to go faster. Damn those doughnuts, all those years of eating them made my legs feel heavy.

Relief flooded me as I saw cars up ahead, a highway filled with passing cars. I sprinted faster, ignoring the burning in my lungs as I ran.

"Help m- "

I saw Dave's car, the black Lamborghini halting in the street. I screamed when the man chasing me pushed me to the ground, my head hitting on the hard concrete.

My skull felt like it had been split open, my head pounding hard as I struggled to keep my eyes open. The man pinned me down, opening his mouth to speak before lights blinded his vision.

I heard wheels screeching, the sound echoing in my ears before I heard a car crashing to the tree.

"Fredrick is going to kill me"

I kicked him in the groin, surprisingly hard enough for him to fall back. I crawled away from him a soon as he was no longer on top of me. I croaked out for help, only to notice the car that crashed right into the tree.

I felt blood trickle down my head, the warm liquid staining the side of my face. I continued to crawl as far away from the man, my body coming in closer to the car crash.

It was only when my vision cleared from the smoke, was I able to see the car clearly.

The black Lamborghini was shattered, smoke coming out from the front while the glass was cracked and had fallen to the road.

My eyes felt heavy, only stealing a glimpse of the drivers bleeding head before I was engulfed by oblivion.

********

Hello people!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! It took me so long to write it! But I did manage to end it with a cliffhanger 😉

Anyways, don't forget to comment and vote! I would really appreciate that and would always bring a smile to my face 😊

Sorry for the long wait, hopefully this chapter was worth the patience.

Question: Who do you think was the man chasing Abby?

That's it for now, see you in the next chapter!

Lots of Love
-Author