Drunk and Desperate

Abby's POV

"Abby, that's your fifth bottle already"

The beat picked up and I swayed my body to the sound. The bar was suffocating. With people dancing and sweat lingering in the air, but it was the perfect place to forget. For me to forget.

I grabbed another shot and downed its content, licking my lips while giving him a scowl.

"Why don't you join me?" I poured some whiskey onto his cup and slid it beside him. He shook his head at me, turning down my offer.

"You're clearly drunk Abby, we have to go home now"

"I'm not...well maybe a little"

"A little? You can't even stand up" He glared and pointed down to my wobbling legs. I rolled my eyes at him while scoffing.

"Please, I can walk-"

"Don't-"

I tripped on my own foot, almost falling to the the floor if Parker didn't grip on my shoulder.

"We're going" He swooped me on my feet and carried me outside.

I pushed myself off him, only to be met by the hard floor. I groaned and stood up with my finger pointed at him.

"Stop it, I'm going back inside" I knew that I was drunk. Clearly broken by the fact that Dave was dead. It's been two months, and in those months I was slowly losing my sanity.

Parker was only trying to help,But I pushed him away and started storming back inside.

"Dave wouldn't have wanted this"

I stopped. My chest heavy as I breathed, I knew that he was right, but I couldn't help but feel enraged by what he said.

"He's fucking dead Parker. Don't bring him into this" My teeth clenched as I spoke. This was a different kind of rage, the one kind that made my tears fall freely to my cheeks.

His upper lip twitched. He was silent, probably thinking of something comforting to say to me. But I had enough of them, giving pity to me when I knew that it was my fault. It was all my fault.

"Please Abby, I know your broken, but you have to go home, you're drunk and I don't know-"

"For fucking sake! Stop it Parker! Stop pitying me!"

"I'm sorry! But I don't know what to feel besides pitying you, But you have to understand that this won't bring back anything.Not even Dave"

My knees hit the ground, Looking down to the cement floor before I started punching them.

I was acting crazy. Maybr Parker would find me weird and would probably leave me alone. Then I could cry myself to sleep here outside, cold and all alone.

Tears continuously blurring my vision. Rage blinding me, desperation rising in my throat, my heart aching his him.

I missed him, everything about him. His brooding eyes, charming smile. I would give anything to feel his arms around mine. Telling me that everything would be fine and he'll stay by my side.

But I could never feel that again. He was dead, and I'll forever be aching for him.

I didn't realize that Parker was carrying me to his car, it wasn't a long ride to my house and I would find myself in the hands of Parker carrying me to the front door.

I gave him my keys and he carried me inside, placing me gently to the couch before walking to the kitchen.

It was blurry at first, but then I saw Parker drinking a bottle of whiskey beside me.

It's been one hour, with him downing the alcohol and with me dozing off once in a while. I couldn't sleep, and if I did then I would always dream of the same nightmare, the night were I last saw Dave.

"You know, I never even had the chance to tell you something Abby"

Parker emptied the bottle before placing it to the coffee table and turning to me, his blue eyes gazing at me.

He leaned in closer and I could smell the alcohol from his breathe. His hand on my left cheek, stroking it gently with his thumb.

The last time this happened it ended with Dave knocking Parker out cold.

It wasn't soon till his lips met mine. And I didn't know if this was right. But his lips felt like Dave's. I was so desperate to feel him again that I thought it wasn't Parker.

"I missed this so much.." He whispered as soon as our lips parted.

"I want you Abby, since the start" He said before kissing me again. I wasn't responding to his kiss. I didn't want this. I wanted Dave, but he's gone. What do I do? Will I kiss him back?

The sudden sound of the doorbell ringing made me push Parker so hard that he fell to the ground. I immedietly stood up and walked to the door to avoid awkwardness.

"Charles?" He rubbed his neck before smiling down at me, I let him enter inside and I completely regretted it.

"What happened to him?" I turned to him, only to realize that he was looking down on Parker. Who was apparently unconscious.

"Can you help me bring him to the guest room, he's drunk and I think he won't like it if I leave him there" Charles was hesitating at first. But he agreed and we carried Parker to the room.

I close the door and head back to the living room with a blanket and two pillows with me. I place them on the couch and snuggle under the blanket.

Charles took his shirt off and sat beside me, I was trying my best to look away from his chest as I catch a glimpse of his six pack.

"Sorry, I normally go to sleep with no shirt on. Is that okay?" He looked down on me with a crooked smile on his face, thinking if I was drooling on his abs. "Sure, but I don't want you thinking that I'm tempted" I stuck my tongue out playfully. But he frowned at me while stroking my hair.

"Abby?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay now?"

I wanted to cry again. Bringing back the subject made it worse for me. I forced a smile at him, feeling a single tear falling from my eye.

"I'm not okay. I really miss him" The tears were now coming faster. And I couldn't hide it anymore. Charles kissed my forehead while stroking on my hair continuously.

"I'm so sorry that you lost him" His voice soft as he spoke. I soon felt exhausted when a yawn escaped my lips.

It was the memory that I couldn't let go. The time we met, his lips tenderly against mine. His promises that were now impossible to complete.

To lose him will alter my life forever. He left a gap irreplacable and will never be desame. I know that I'll never meet anyone who could give what he has given. I feel hurt to realize that he's now gone from my life. But the world doesn't stop at my grief, it still continues and I have to keep standing.

It was time to accept that he's never coming back.

****

Hey guys!

The Song for this is The Night We Met by Lord Huron.

So that's about it.

Leave your comments down below if you think you know what might happen next ;)

Lots of Love
-Author ❤