Smoke and Glass

Parker's POV

"I am never working here again"

I hastily wiped the stained blood on the floor, feeling the smallest relief as I saw the color fade away from the marble tiles

I sighed heavily, wiping the sweat off my skin before throwing the dirty tissues in the bin. The door creaked as I looked, seeing Charles' tall figure in the doorway.

He eyed the room first before noticing me in the far corner of the room. I raised a brow at him, expecting him to ask me something as he looked at me with furrowed brows.

"Where's Abby?"

Ah, men really are curious.

I shrugged, looking down on the floor to see that I've missed a small spot. I groaned and grabbed a handful of tissues before crouching down and rubbing furiously on the spot.

Again, he repeated the question, which caused my irritation to occur. "I don't know Charles, she took off to look for Dave"

"She hasn't come back yet? It's been an hour Parker, haven't you even thought of looking for her?"

I gripped the tissues hard and stood up, meeting him in the eye. "She's a woman who can handle herself, don't be fucking over protective and clean your own shit on the floor" I shoved the tissue in his chest, not bothered if he even caught them. I stormed away and slammed the door behind me in frustration.

Now where was Abby?

I searched all around the building, checking all the halls if she was there, even asking a few of my co workers if they've seen her around, but to my dismay, they haven't.

I passed by the front entrance, spotting the security guarding the entry way that lead outside. Had she gone outside? Hopefully not because I'm hungry and I wanted to take her out for some doughnuts.

I walked up to security and tapped the guards shoulder, gulping slowly as his tall figure turned to face me.

"What do you want?"

I nibbled on my bottom lip, hesitating if I should ask. "Has Mr. Sanchez headed outside? I was supposed to have a small chat with him about the increased sales, you haven't seen him, have you?"

He raised a hairy brow at me, suddenly it felt like he wasn't buying my reason. I had to ask where Dave was, wherever he is Abby must have followed him.

His face suddenly relaxed, and I tried not to sigh in relief. "Yeah, he passed by me about an hour ago, stormed to his car and drove away. Then after a few moments, this man came by and asked me where his son went"

My breathing stopped, suddenly feeling dread and fear pulling at my heart.

"What?"

"He passed by me and drove to his- "

"No! I meant who asked for him?"

"Why do you want to kno- "

"Just fucking tell me already!"

The lobby went silent, and I felt everyone's eyes on us. The guard looked around nervously before swallowing his curiosity and answering me dead straight in the eye, suddenly I felt even more afraid.

"Fredrick Sanchez asked for him, is that a problem to you?"

I tugged on the ends of my hair, dread creeping up to my thoughts. I thought this was over and done three years ago?

I had to find Abby, what happened in the past wasn't going to repeat itself when I'm around. The last time I wasn't there for her, now I'm here to make sure that I'd be here.