Gas Station

Abby's POV

There he was, his familiar brown eyes searching the field.

Tears bega to fall as I began to run. But as soon as it happened, it quickly faded.

Charles lifted me by the waist, dragging me to the trees as I kept kicking him.

"Let me go Charles! Dave's there! He's looking for me!" I dug my nails to his skin as he pinned me to a tree.

"No I can't let him see you!" He flipped me over as my face buried at the trees rough texture. His knees locking with mine to prevent me from escaping.

"Dave-" He covered my mouth with his hand, My screams turned into muffled sounds.

I elbowed him in the stomach, causing him to whimper. But he was quick enough to use his free hand to lock my hands behind me.

My body was trembling, I looked back to see Dave walking near the building.

Dave I'm right here.

Please look this way.

He kicked the door open, pulling out a gun at the back of his pocket. He entered inside as I felt my heart beating so fast.

Please let him see my clothes inside. I want this to end now, I wanted to run up to him and hug him so tight, feeling him around me made me realize that I can be safe.

"Abby, don't cry" Charles whispered, I opened my eyes to feel them wet from my tears.

My wails got louder, even with Charles' hand covering my mouth.

"Please stop... he'll hear us"

I ignored him and looked down, staring at the dry leaves with my sobs in the background.

My muscles soon felt sore in this position, Charles' breathing wasn't helping either. It was dark, cold and I was hungry.

Minutes later Dave was out in the open, he was looking down on a piece of cloth that was on his hand.

My eyes widened, realizing that it was my clothes. And soon enough that gave me hope. My eyes wandered around, finding anything useful as a weapon.

I stopped when I saw a small rock a few inches away from my feet. Charles suddenly leaned his head on my back, giving it a perfect opportunity to knock him down.

"Abby!" Dave shouted causing Charles to react. He roamed his eyes around the area, while Charles kept telling me to keep quiet.

I bit onto his hand, causing him to grunt and pull his hand away. His grip on my hands weakened and I took the opportunity and elbowed him,harder this time.

He crouched down while holding onto his stomach, I turned around and made a run for it, giving out as much strength I can to my legs. The cold wind whipped to my face as I kept on running.

"Dave!" I shouted with all my voice. His eyes met mine, thinking if I was a hallucination. But when I wrapped my arms around him, crying afterwards, he then hugged me tighter.

"Fuck Abby,I thought I lost you" Dave whispered, I melted into his arms as he carried me.

"Let's get out of here, please..." I buried my face into his chest, He nooded and carried me to his car.

I looked back to the trees, worried that Charles might be there. My brows furrowed to see that he was no longer there, only seeing the shadows of the trees.

" I'm so glad you're safe. What did my father do? Did anything happen while I was gone?" He started to drive, glancing at me while he does.

"Nothing serious really." I shrugged while staring at the window. Rain was now visible as I see the grey clouds pouring droplets on the window.