A Fresh Start

Abby's POV

"Was he hot?" Thea puckered her lips, applying her lipstick.

Those words sent me back remembering last night, the stranger's body close to me sent my heart running.

Apparently, Thea came by my house to tell me all about what happened to her. I was surprised when she told me she rejected the guy when he asked for privacy, that was quite strange for Thea to decline to that.

"I don't know. But that's not exactly what-"

"Shush now. It's time to go to work" She intervened. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my purse before following her out to the door.

"What happened to Charles? Last I saw him was his hands on the waist of a girl on the dance floor" I checked through my phone for any message from him. But seeing my phone had no text, I placed it back inside my bag.

"Probably still at the bar, passed out on the floor" I laughed at her statement. If that was true then I had to check on him later.

I looked past the trees slowly growing smaller, replaced by buildings as we got closer to our destination.

I resigned at my last job and applied here. I had the same role here at the company, another secretary of the president, but things were more proffesional here. Thea was one of the board of directors so I got to see her more often.

I strolled to his office, sitting down on my desk as I waited for him to call me.

The telephone rang and I quickly picked it up. "Yes Sir, you called?"

"Cancel all of my appointments for tonight. We'll be meeting our buyer at that time, Bring the documents I asked you to keep before we come down, alright?" He was fumbling on something, waitng for me to reply.

"I'll get on it, Sir" The line went dead and I groaned. That man seriously needs to make up his mind. He told me two days ago to set up three meetings. Then he told me to cancel them off because he had somewhere to go to, So I went inside the meeting room and apologized to everyone who was waiting impatiently, Thea included.

I heaved before standing up, straightening my outfit and preparing my apology to the board.

******

Lunch time came and Zach, my boss, let me go off and have my lunch. We were sitting down on a table at Thea's favorite restaurant. Munching down on my food while glancing at my phone. Why hasn't Charles called me? I'm starting to worry, What if something happened?

"You still love those doughnuts of yours? Until now you still eat them" Thea pointed to my food with her fork. I looked down to my glazed doughnut, licking my lips from the smudge of glaze in it.

I shrugged, picking a small piece from it."Well, I love them so I have to eat them"

She rolled her eyes."You and your weird favorites" Well I always loved them, so there was nothing weird about that. I mean, who wouldn't love doughnuts? They're absolutely delicious.

She took a bite from her steak before observing me. "By the way, did you hear about our buyer? I heard that they were loaded, enough to buy our whole company" I wasn't always interested in business, but after she said that, my focus was on her now.

"Yes. And Zach was overly excited, telling me to cancel all of his appointments, again" I groaned. She seemed to get what I was talking about and laughed.

"I hope it's worth it, this would increase our salary if we get this buyer" She pushed her plate away and brought out her phone.

"Jeez, I have to take this Abby, do you mind?" I waved her off, telling her to take the call. She stood up and walked to a close distance before answering the call.