Promise

Dave's POV

I took a small sip at my coffee, barely making me awake.

This paper work is suppose to be done by Abby,

But I wouldn't want her to stay at work for many hours more.

I type in the last of the files and save the document, shutting my laptop close before rubbing my temple.

I stand up and take my bag before proceeding outside. All this is going to pay off by the end of the month.

***

"Good evening Sir" One of the maids spoke, She took off my coat and helped me carry my briefcase.

I simply nodded before entering to the wine room and brought out the red wine from the cabinet.

Another maid appeared and prepared my wine for me, puring the liquid halfway to the goblet.

"So how was work?" Nanny appeared at the door, her apron had little stains but she looked suituable enough.

I thanked the maid as she gave me my glass, I took a small sip before placing it gently at the table,

"Stressful, Hope everything goes alright by the end of the month" I coughed, running a hand through my messy hair,

She clicked her tongue, disapproving at my thoughts.

"Now Now, no need to be negative. Are you hungry? Shall I cook something for you?"

I smiled, warmed by her care for me, If my mom is not around, she's always  the one to be her replacement for awhile.

"Something light, since it's past 10 I could really eat something" She nodded her head before taking out the pan.

I checked for my phone to see if Abby left any messages for me, Seeing nothing on my inbox I tucked it back inside my pocket and decided to have a conversation with Nanny.

I opened my mouth to speak but she cut me off before i could mutter a word.

"Your father called, Looking for you. But I told him you weren't home yet so he told me he'll call later" Nanny said while placing the chicken in the pan.

"And when was that Exactly?"

"About 1 hour ago?"

"What could he possibly need after punching me. Another rematch?" I scoffed, noting every bruise on my face.

"I sure hope not. I don't want you two fighting again, Otherwise I'll tell your mother" Nanny warned, the chicken sizzled in the pan as she added some vegetables in it.

"But what could he possibly want?" I asked her, but she shrugged before turning off the stove and placing the dish on a plate.

As she placed the food infront of me, the telephone rung, she quickly muttered her excuse and picked up the phone.

"Good evening Sir. Yes, Mr. Davidson is here"

Father

Nanny pulled the phone away before gesturing to me.

"It's for you" She whispered, but loud enough for me to hear. I stood up and took the phone from her hand.

"What do you want?" I demanded, I hear his voice crack in laughter in the other line.

"You better respect me son or you'll never see your girlfriend again."

My eyes widened, The blood in my body dropped cold, My grip on the phone tightened.