Chance of Time

Dave's POV

"Charles?"

So that was his name, the name of this man who keeps crashing into Abby and me. He was looking down at her, his stare full of intensity as he took her hand, rubbing his thumb against hers.

If it wasn't for Abby, I would have ripped his hand away from her.

"I'm sorry I left you, I don't think of you as my second priority, because you aren't. You're a whole lot different than that"

My face turned sour, his words sounded so irritating to me. I was supposed to say that, but his mere presence was enough to keep my feelings at bay.

Those words will only be heard by one person, and she's standing in front of me.

Her face flushed red, her cheeks scarlet. I looked back at Charles, wanting to push him to the ground and punch him until he could only see nothing but darkness.

I noticed Abby, she was staring at me and quickly realized that I was here. I was in front of them hearing and seeing them both, hand in hand.

I took a step forward to them, not caring if I kill this man in front of me. "What's your problem? I think you saw what we were doing, so why bother interrupt?"

I was fuming, my anger clear and thick in my voice. Hands tight in fists, I glared at the man whose figure was in front of me. It felt so easy, so satisfying to think of delivering him to death by my hands.

He faced me, his hand drifting away from Abby's. I looked him dead in the eye, challenging him in a way that only men know.

"Because I don't like what I'm seeing"

My jaw was locked in place, my anger intensified as soon as those words escaped his mouth. I turned to Abby, seeing her blue eyes made the fire from before grew stronger. I tried not to grab her by the waist and place my lips against her soft ones.

It pained me to say this, but I had to make sure if she was in some sort of relationship with the guy. "I'm so sorry Abby, I didn't know that you're in a relationship with this guy"

Her eyes widened, the blue ocean in them always looked so amazing even in the worst times.

"We're not together"

I stiffened, my heart that once sank from accusation suddenly felt light, no longer heavy from the feeling of her heart taken by someone else and not me. I tried not to show the satisfaction on my face as I caught sight of Charles looking down on the floor, his face ashamed and in pain.

No one gets her but me.

She's mine.

Abby reached out, her hand trying to touch Charles, she wanted to take back what she said. While I wanted to grip him by the shoulders, and tell him dead straight that no one gets Abby but me.

Only me.

Why am I even thinking about this?

I turned to Abby, her eyes meeting mine in the moment. I nodded my head slowly, trying to focus on my words and not to be mesmerized by her vibrant blues.

"Shall I give you both some privacy?"

She slowly agreed, her head bobbing slowly as I returned the gesture. My eyes not leaving hers as I still wanted to see them for myself, they were too beautiful to be ignored.

I let my eyes stay with her, my gaze never leaving her until she was no longer visible from my sight.

******

Abby's POV

Confusion was clear as water.

The brows on my head creased, seeing Charles looking back at me. I wasn't sure if he really wanted to interrupt us or was just a coincidence of the wrong time.

He took my hand, rubbing his thumb against mine as he smiled at me.

"I'm sorry I left you, I don't think of you as my second priority, because you aren't. You're a whole lot different than that"

I smiled, quickly feeling my cheeks burning. I caught sight of Dave, who was looking ready to tear Charles limb from limb right now.

He took a dangerous step towards us, his eyes set ablaze like before. Dark brown mixed with furious anger as he glared at Charles.

"What's your problem? I think you saw what we were doing, so why bother interrupt?"

I felt my blood go hot, my cheeks burning as the blood set fire on my cheeks. I didn't know why I felt embarrassed by someone seeing us almost make out.

Charles faced him, his hand no longer with mine. "Because I don't like what I'm seeing"

Dave's jaw was set, his hands in tight fists as he turned away from him to look at me. "I'm so sorry Abby, I didn't know that you're in a relationship with this guy"

"We're not together" I bit my lip, the words sliding out so easily. I glanced at Charles, seeing his gaze lowered down to the ground as his face looked pained and flushed bright red.

I felt guilty, the putrid feeling spreading from the pits of my stomach. My hands drenched in sweat as I realized the feelings Charles had for me.

He jerked away as my hand tried to touch him, the action made my heart sink down to the fiery pits of blunt pain. I took my hand back, clenching it tightly as my heart felt heavy.

Dave looked at both of us, currently aware of the awkward situation he caused. He turned to face me, nodding his head slightly before speaking.

"Shall I give you both some privacy?"

I slowly nodded, feeling Charles' eyes beside me. Dave nodded once, his stare lingered to mine as he turned to leave.

Once he was out of the room, I quickly faced Charles. His eyes cast down and averting my pleading stare. "Let me explain first"

He looked up, anger rising from his gaze. "Go on"

"You know how I feel about him right? How come you're so mad about this?"

He ran a hand through his hair, the dark locks messy and tangled. Although he looked dead gorgeous in that, I wasn't going to let his attractiveness get the best of me.

"Because I have feelings for you. I know that you know that, but why do you act like you're unaware of my affections?"

I averted my stare, hesitating for a moment before meeting his burning eyes. "I can't return the feelings you have for me"

He took a step closer, his figure tall against mine. He brushed a strand of hair on my face, his hand cupping my cheek. "Maybe right now you don't, but I promise that you will soon"

He leaned in closer, his lips threateningly close. I pushed him back, my hands finding his chest as I forced him backwards.

His face was startled, as if I've stabbed him in the heart, soon his eyes burned with pain, the shade of honey grew darker like midnight coal.

He turned away, his back faced to mine as I noticed his tight fists. He turned on his shoulder, his lips in a smirk as he spoke.

"I'll be seeing you tomorrow, Abby"

And just like that, he was gone before I could speak.

*******

Hey people of Wattpad!

Hope you enjoyed the story :)

I woke up quite early and wrote this chapter while eating some ice cream, I don't really know why I keep eating while I publish new chapters, but the ice cream is still delicious ;)

Anyways, remember to vote and comment as always!

That's it for now, see you in the next update!

Lots of Love

-Author