Catching Up

Abby's POV

I leaned my back on the door with tear strained eyes and clenched fists tight to my chest. Feeling my heart lurching in pain, I tried my best to breathe it away.

Charles appeared infront of me in an instant, placing his hands on my cold shoulders. "What did he do?"

I lowered my head, biting my lower lip. "He didn't do anything"

He shook me slightly, averting my eyes back to his. He pulled me into his arms and his warmth wrapped around my shivering body.

I cried myself out, wailing out all the pain buried deep from within those three years. Charles did his best to comfort me as he whispered words to calm me down.

He wrapped his arms tighter, but loose enough that it felt snugly. " You don't deserve this kind of pain" I heard him whisper more words but they were too vague for me to hear.

"Did I do something wrong? Was I not enough?" My coarse tone stuck in my throat from too much crying. Charles pulled away to meet my eyes. "You were more than enough, maybe he doesn't realize that right now"

I finally pulled back, wiping my eyes and the tears along with it. "I need to be alone for a minute" I scurried away from him, heading to the door without waiting for his reply.

Furiously, I kept on wiping the tears from my eyes as I walked, not knowing where I was going and who saw me looking like a zombie.

I was too late to see, with my vision blurry from tears I never saw the body that crashed into mine.

A shrill voice came from infront of me, I looked up to see someone I never intended to see after all these years.

"Watch where you're-" She stopped, her eyes meeting mine. "If it isn't the Sutty Bitch"

Putting on a facade and ignoring my puffy eyes, I raised a brow. "Melody, it's been a long time"

She snickered, placing an arm on her hip. "What a sight, take a look at yourself and realize how pathetic you look right now" Her lips turned to a smirk that urged me to answered back. Why this bitch...

"I don't want to waste time on attention seeking bitches right now. So step aside or I'll do it for you"

She smiled, the kind that looked so unreal that her face looked like plastic. "Make me, slut"

I clenched my hands, my nails digging to my palms. "Step aside"

Her smile stayed on. "You know, I never really asked you on how your handling things with Dave, is it going well for you?"

She leaned forward, how I wanted to wipe that smile on her face right now. "Go ahead, slap me, punch and cause a scene, I'm sure Dave would definitely pick you over her dear sister"

Concealing my anger in a forced smile, I answered back. "Aw, sorry babe but I don't want to be charged of animal abuse"

Her eyes widened, nose flaring in anger. "You messed with the wrong person whore"

She raised her hand, ready to slap me hard. I closed my eyes shut preparing for the blow, seconds passed and I scrunched my brows hearing her struggles.

"Let go of my hand!" My eyes shot open to see Parker infront of me, his hand tight around Melody's wrist.

Eventually, Parker took off his hand away from her wrist and stood close to my side. He brought a hand to my arm and squeezed it reassuringly. A sign that he would protect me from any of Melody's attack.

I didn't realize that we had a crowd circled around us, watching and waiting for a bloody cat fight.

Too bad that won't happen.

Well, not today.

She raised a finger, pointing it to me with hatred in her eyes. "This isn't over bitch, you're lucky he came in time to save your ass." 

I mocked the smile she had on a while ago. "Atleast I have an ass, unlike you"

Parker stifled a laugh beside me.

She huffed, her face red as a tomato before stomping away and leaving us.

I breathed out the air that I didn't know I was holding in, feeling relieved that my encounter with her didn't end with a slap on the face.

The crowd around us disappeared, leaving quickly now that the scene was gone.

I hugged Parker from the side, burying my head in his arm. "Glad you came, thought I was a goner there"

He smiled, kissing me on the forehead. "You know I'll never let you down right?"

I slapped him playfully on the arm, a smile making its way on my face. "Damn right"

He walked me to the restroom, our pace slow and steady as we walked.

A thought occured to me. "Parker, you still work here right?"

"Abby, isn't it obvious? How would I be able to even get inside here?" He rolled his eyes sarcastically. I punched him in the shoulder in response.

As soon as his laughter died down, I asked him again. "Who were you working for? Dave is dead right?"

He scrunched his brows, deep in thought before replying. "After he died, there was this Seth dude who took over. He never really did come out of his office, one time when he did come out, I freaked out. I really thought he was Dave because fucking hell he looked exactly like him"

We stopped infront of the restroom, Parker opened his mouth to speak when his phone rang.

He squinted his eyes on the screen before biting his lip. "What's wrong?" I asked, worried that he looked so bothered after he read the text message.

"I'm so sorry Abby, but I need to meet with Gina, we were supposed to have a date today and I'm so fucking late now-"

"It's okay, you can go. I'm so sorry I interrupted your date, I'll explain to her what happened later, text me her number and I'll promise to talk to her" I hugged him shortly, happy that he's finally in a relationship and sad that I ruined their date because of me.

"Goodluck!" I shouted as he took off, waving goodbye before he turned a corner and disappeared from the hallway.

I entered inside, turning the faucet on and splashing cold water on my face. I looked back in my reflection, noticing the dark circles under that matched my puffy red eyes perfectly, making me look like a depressed college student who never slept due to stacked up schoolwork .

Wiping my face off with a tissue, I stepped outside to head back to my old office.

Entering inside, I closed the door behind me, seeing Charles' back faced to me, I took this opportunity to apologize. "Sorry for leaving you back there Charles, I had a lot in my mind after Dave and I talked."

He was silent for a moment, it took him a while to answer me"Took you long enough" I raised my eyebrows, his tone unsettling. Was his voice this deep?

I hesitated at first, fear struck my nerves. "Charles?" I took a few steps closer, realizing that this was not him, it was someone I knew very well.

He finally turned to face me, his stare filled with burning anger that was bound to be freed sooner.

The way he chose the words so precise made my spine shiver, anger igniting inside me ablaze that I felt my body now hot with rage.

"Let's have a little talk now shall we? It's been three years after all"

It was Dave's father.

********

Hey ya'll!

Hope you enjoyed the chapter, the last part really made a good cliffhanger ;)

If you want to get an exclusive sneak peek of the next chapters, follow me on Twitter 🐥
👉 @EimeeMrzn

I post dramatic shitty quotes there (mostly when I'm bored and struck by my past). Sneak peeks would be posted at any time of the week :)

That's all for now folks, see you in the next update!

Lots of Love ❤
-Author