Epilogue

Abby's POV

2 years later

The sun kissed my pale skin.

The sky blinded me, forcing me to look down to the ash road. "What's taking him so long?"

The door swung open, his figure fading into view. His dark locks brighter against the light of day, looking younger with his fitted teal shirt and black denim pants. "I told you to wait inside" He covered the side of his face, shadows forming as he approached. "Aren't you hot?"

The smirk came before I noticed. "Not funny" I waved him off before taking my seat next to the wheel, the car revving to life and I blinked when the streets started to blur with the speed.

"This is a first" He glanced my way, a smug curving on his lips. I fought the urge to scowl at him. "It's time I come out from my house, I'm turning into a corpse the longer I stay inside those walls"

He laughed, his hand falling to my hair as he ruffled it. "I'm just glad you're here" I frowned at him, trying to straighten my locks. "What a nice way of saying thank you" He chuckled and smiled, silence following afterward.

I stretched out my legs, tingling with stiff muscles. The ride was two hours long, and it was mostly awkward with no conversations and side glances.
The airport was crowded with many people, we had a hard time finding a parking spot, thankfully we found one small slot by the far side of the entrance.

His hand grasped mine, oddly cold against it. "Come on, I know a place where they serve the best doughnuts" I grinned at him as he pulled me to the crowd, pushing our way to the other side.

The door chimed as we entered, the smell of fresh pastries and strong coffee makes my mouth water. I've been craving for a frappe and some sugary carbs since the ride. "I'll find some seats, you know what I want right?" He smirked before nodding, a furious blush warming my cheeks as I walked away.

"Moron" I muttered, touching my cheeks to cool them. Charles and I have been together for a year now, and he's always a teasing jerk whenever we're together. I hate it when he annoys me with those smug facade, but it does make me smile nonetheless.

Unoccupied, I sat down on the booth next to the window, waiting for him. The sky rumbled, darkening with clouds filled with downpour. It wasn't suppose to rain today, hours ago it was sunny and scorching so I didn't bother to bring an umbrella.

I've never met his sister before, Charles told me that she wanted to meet me, apparently Chase wasn't his only sibling, hopefully her sister isn't as crooked as Chase.

She was coming home to visit from Russia, and her arrival was due at 7 in the evening. I never had sister, I've always been the lone child when my parents were alive.

"Thinking about me?" Startled, I turned to see him smiling with the tray of food in his hand, I rolled my eyes at him. "You wish" He clicked his tongue before sitting down, pouring sugar into his coffee. "You excited to see my sister?" I wasn't really excited, my hands were shaking underneath the table. "Nervous actually"

He sipped his drink while I ate my doughnut. "Don't be, she might be a handful but I'm sure she'll like you" I nodded with a smile, picking up my drink from the table.

We decided to meet his sister by the front entrance, we couldn't wait by the gates because the crowd was much thicker there. "What did she say?" Charles tucked his phone when the call ended. "Some celebrity had been with her in the flight, they won't be out after an hour or so" He sighed, frustration wrinkling on his face. "I'm really sorry for making you wait, Abby"

I shrugged, patting him in the back. "It's okay, at least now we know why it was crowded by the gates" He growled before speaking. "Stupid celebrity, causing trouble for me"