His Past

Abby's POV

"Sir, I'm sorry-" His fist connected to Charles' face, causing him to crumble to the floor.

"You had one fucking job! And that was to keep her here! But you were so stupid and she almost got away!" Fredrick's voice echoed through the building. He repeatedly pointed his finger to Charles, who now has a bleeding face.

"Do you want me to end this?" He raised a gun and pointed it on Charles' forehead.

"No Stop!" I staggered closer to Charles and pushed the gun away from him.

"Please, it wasn't his fault!" I gathered enough courage to meet him in the eye. The gun was now pointed on me. I let out a quivering breathe, glancing to Charles' brother who was staring at us quietly.

" And you... You ruined everything! You little bitch!" My cheek stinging in pain, I whimpered from the hard impact of his hand.

"That's too much Sir!" Charles stood up and blocked Fredrick from getting closer to me.

"You don't tell me what to do!" He shouted and pushed Charles away. "This little bitch thinks she's safe because my son's gonna rescue her" He mimicked my voice while waving the gun in his hand.

"You're crazy" I backfired at him. This seemed to make him angrier as he raised the gun to my forehead.

"I'm crazy? Maybe you! You're crazy enough to think that you could reach my sons level. Your nothing compared to him. I know women like you, you only want our money-"

"No! I don't!" I turned to him, disgusted by his way of thinking.

"I'm not in it for the money. I love your son and I know that he does too-"

"Love? You belive in that? My son has been torn apart because of this love your talking about" He emphasized the word torn as he spoke.

"What?"

"Oh. He didn't tell you" He chuckled for a moment before kneeling down to meet my gaze.

"He didn't mention Vivica when you were together?" He pulled out a chair and sat down. Keeping the gun in his pocket.

When I didn't answer, He took this a sign to move on.

"Vivica...she was like you, claiming her love to Dave. She was a sweetheart to us. Smart and Beautiful.   But what we didn't know was that she was only in it for the money. She asked my son for money because her sister needed it for surgery. Dave gave her roughly 2 million dollars. And after that, she just left" He finished before I saw his hand gripping the side of his chair.

"Sir, I'm sorry that happen-"

"Dave was broken! After that, he always came home late. Drunk and confused. Telling himself that he was a fool, he even told us that it would be best if he just died. We tried to tell him that there were more girls out there, but he was too...in love with her" He whispered the last part. " And from then on, he never had any interest in girls. If he did, it was just either a fling or a one night stand... We never heard anything from Vivica.
And she was the last lady that Dave was ever serious about" He stood up and walked to the door, stopping in front of it. I could hear his soft sobs in this small room.

I turned to Charles, he was on the ground leaning against the wall. His face looked awful, blood dripping from the corner of his mouth and a purple bruise on his eye.

Chase wasn't moving, literally he was still in the same place as before. Only this time he was staring at me.

I focused back to Fredrick. He was still crying and I wanted to comfort him. Even though he kidnapped me, I guess I understand now to why he did this.