Stalker

The breeze tangled my hair as Parker dragged me along, his eyes glancing behind me as we approached McDonalds.

I lead the way and pulled him with me to get in line, he muttered under his breath as he continued to stare at the menu.

The cashier greeted us with a smile, her façade was cheery but her eyes looked otherwise. "Hi! welcome to McDonalds! what would be your order ma'am?"

"I'll just have nuggets and fries, a strawberry sundae on the side please" She nodded and proceeded to hand me my receipt as I paid

"How about you? I'll look for seats while you order" I tapped Parker on the shoulder before walking away, waving behind as I searched for an empty spot.

I sat down and checked the time, we had an hour to finish our food before our break was over. I looked over and saw Parker heading for our spot carrying our food.

He sat down and handed me my tray. "Thanks, took you long enough" I sipped on my drink as he chuckled. "The cashier kept on asking for my number, it was really awkward" I choked on my drink and glared at him teasingly, he laughed and swiped some fries off my tray.

"Stop that, you have your own food" I covered my food with my arms, likened to a mother protecting its children. He laughed and taunted me. "You're only embarrassing yourself" I rolled my eyes and shoved some fries in my mouth.

We had casual conversation, some topics were a bit random but he was quirky. He set off some flirtatious replies and I simply shrugged them off, telling him how lame his lines were. I chugged my drink and sighed in relief, casually checking if my makeup was still intact.

I got up and took my bag. "I'm going to freshen up, give me 5 minutes" He turned to me and pouted, I smacked him on the shoulder and laughed. "It's not that long, you're so impatient" He whined and grunted. "But you women always take so long in the bathroom" I stuck my tongue out and waved him off as I headed for the washroom.

My makeup was still okay, I applied some color to my lips and patted a bit of powder to my nose and washed my hands. I dried them off and swung my bag over my shoulders as I stepped out.

I paused, waiting and cautious. I hid behind the wall near the window and peaked. What was he doing here? That man, standing still outside the building and obviously looking for me. His head turned to my direction and I caught the slightest hint of a grin on his lips.

I panicked, a cold shiver slithering up my spine. That was the guard at the building, always accompanying Mr. Sanchez. What do I do? Maybe he's just here to eat? That grin was creepily hinted at me, he was here on his orders.

I hastily walked to the table, Parker was mindlessly scrolling on his phone when I tapped him on the shoulder. "I'm done, we can go now"

He turned to look at me and stopped, his brows furrowing in concern. "Hey what happened? You look pale, are you alright?" I smiled, a sad attempt to lighten the mood. "I'm fine really, I just got worried that my makeup was smudged" He stood up and blocked my view from the man outside, his body too close for personal space.

"Come on, it's okay" His hand grazed my arm, warmth rippling on my skin. I heaved a breath and smiled genuinely. "Thanks, let's go"

He ruffled my hair, chuckling in amusement as he trotted to the exit. I attempted to fix my messed up hair and chased after him.

The wind tangled my hair as I stepped out, scanning the area for that annoying blonde. I glanced both sides as I continued my search in the parking lot. "Once I get my hands on you, I'll turn your hair into an afro-"

My vision swayed as my body lunged to the side, Instinct told me to scream when a hand prevented me. "Hey, hey it's me" I stopped and relief washed over me, feeling my heart pound in my chest as Parker leaned and tilted his head to the side. "I don't think he's here anymore"