Chapter 25

3 weeks later~

*Brooke's Pov*

My dad, Marcus, just got out of the hospital and I couldn't believe he's fine. That day, Chris came to the hospital with a girl... I was confused at first but soon I realized she was the one that helped Chris find me. I can still remember my face and thoughts the day at the hospital.

"Who's this girl??"  i thought

"Hi!! My name's Sydney! It's so nice to finally meet you, Brooke" she finally said.

"OHHHH it's that Sydney girl!"

"HIII! thanks for helping Chris to find me. It's nice to meet you too!"

Yeap! After that day, Sydney and I started hanging out and soon we both became BFF's. We literally went everywhere together. Literally.  

Chris is currently in Los Angeles and I'm back home in Calgary, lying in my bed watching youtube videos with my best friend beside me. Also, I forgot to tell you guys that after my dad got out of the hospital, we straight away flew back to Canada. Sadly, Chris had to stay, he has to work on some music in LA. What kind of surprises me is that Sydney was able to go back to Canada with me just like that. Spontaneously. Sometimes I would think "would her parents worry? I mean she never told me anything about her family"

"Chaaaaaange the videooooo puhleaseeeeee. it's getting boring. SO clickbaity" Sydney softly hits my thigh.

we're watching a vlog on youtube that's titled "I MET NICK JONAS??!?!" and it was REAL clickbaity. Turns out the vlogger just saw a cardboard cut out of Nick Jonas.

"Fine! Let's listen to Chris' new music" 

"Yes please"

Worst way is playing.

"Hey Sydney?"

"hmmmmmm?"

"I've always wondered....why don't you ever talk about your family?"

Sydney sighs.

"I mean we don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, I'm just curious."

"Nah, it's okay. This is starting to look like a Draw My Life video but instead of drawing, it's Talk my Life now"

"HHAHAaaaa alright then, hit me with your best 'Talk My Life' Then.

"*clears throat* My name is Sydney Marie Campbell, I came out of my mom's vjj on August 12 1998 at a hospital in New York City. I have 3 older siblings, all of them are guys, my mom and I are the only females in the family. My dream as a child is to become a dancer..........

she stops midway and did a little dance

".........and that dream still lives on. My family is middle class, we have everything we need, nothing more, nothing less, just enough. When I was nine, my eldest brother, Thomas.......he got shot in the head by some gangster, turns out he was buying weed from them and owes them A TON of money, he never paid them back so they ended up shooting him......

ouch.

"...........After that the gangsters threaten to kill one by one of us if we didn't pay up. The cops wouldn't help us either. so that sucks. We have to move to different places so that they couldn't find us. We kept moving and moving until one day.... my father had enough and decided to break up with my mom.... i still remember the words that came out of his mouth 'I can't take this anymore. I don't want to be part of this anymore' and ran out of the house just like that. That was when I was 13. A few months later......."

she started to sob a bit but decides to continue her story

"..........the gangsters found us and killed my mom and my two other brothers. I managed to escape. I was homeless for a month until this guy came up to me on the streets one day asking me to work for him. he told me he was going to pay me a good sum of money if i do a good job. I have no other way but to accept it. Worked for a few years, i saved up all my money, only spending it on necessary items. This year, I saved up enough money to move to LA to pursue my childhood dreams and that's where I met Chris and you........"

"Wow, That's one story......"

"Yeah, the past is past. I don't think much of it anymore. I have you, and that's amazing!"

******************

After a tiring day of doing nothing, Sydney went to sleep on my bed. Yeah she currently lives with me. I got down to the living room to find my mom and my dad watching TV.

"Hey"

"Hi Brooke, how's Sydney doing up there?"

"she's fine. she's sleeping though"

my mom nods and I sit down on one of the couch to join them.

"Mom, when's the baby due?"

"2 months"

"Dad, can I talk to you for a minute? In the kitchen?"

with that, we both walk to the kitchen. By this time, I trust him so I won't be so paranoid when I'm with him.

"Soooo........ what's up kiddo?"

"the sky" 

"okay come on,  what do you want?"

"I need money"

"what for?"

"I want Sydney to pursue her dreams in LA. She wants to become a dancer."

hope yall like this chapter. YEs, yall can hate on me for being such a lazy ass. :) love you all so much!! <3 <3