Chapter 1

Brooke's P.o.v

Urgh. Homework is so frustrating. French, Maths, Physics and a whole bunch of stuff. The fan in my room is going to break due to a few broken blades, my lighting keeps flickering. HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO WORK IN THIS ENVIRONMENT? My mom never really spends her money on ANYTHING except herself. She says she's saving it for the future. Mom is out, like always. Probably finding another man to break her heart.

I after I finished my homework. I turned on my computer. Thank goodness today is Friday. I logged onto Skype. Hey, Amy's online. I decided to call her. Amy is the only person who is really my friend. She has the same problem as me. Divorced parents, unhappy, but she gets everything she wants. When I first met her, I was really jealous of her, but time passed, we're cool now. She's got a big mansion, A Ferrari. She has everything, you name it.

"Hey Brooke" she greets me with a warm smile. Man, I mean wish I can smile like she can, but to me, there's nothing for me to smile for.

"Hey man" I greet

"So, how's everything going?" She asked. Like she always do

"Usual. Mom's out getting a new man tonight I think." I shrugged.

"I wish I can hang out with you and take you to the movies cuz, you really need to go out more"

"I wish I can but, my mom." I rolled my eyes.

She laughs. How I wish I can laugh like that.

"How bout this, since you're birthday is in a like a few months, why don't I help you celebrate it now?!"

"Sure. Whateves." I smile weakly.

"The mall tomorrow?" She said. I nodded slightly. Seconds later, I heard the front door opens then closes.

My mom is home. But this seems weird. Normally, my mom would bring a man at this time into the house and she would laugh or talk with a very high-pitched voice. But no, today is different.

"So tomorrow's fine right? Grant Mall? Cool. I gotta go now, mom's home" I quickly say and shut off my computer and put some book onto my desk to pretend like I'm studying.

My mom came in, messy hair.

She stood there by the door and said

"Hey kiddo, we're moving to Calgary."

"But why? I love it here. All of my friends are here" I said, annoyed.

"May I remind you that YOU DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS except that perfect Amy friend of yours" she shot back at me.

"So what. At least she's someone who is always there for me when I needed her most, unlike you. Now tell me. Why are we moving to Calgary?"

My mom gave out a give sigh

"Boyfriend's back there, in Calgary. Met him online. He's frickin rich and the most caring person in the world"

"Just because of him?" I scoffed.

"Yeah, that's what. You'll understand when you're older. Don't be selfish. Got that? We're leaving in 2 days time" after that, she slammed the door.

Don't be selfish, she say

You'll understand it when you're older. Has she ever thought about how I feel?

She never thought about it.

Telling people to not be selfish when she's the one who's being selfish.

Well at least I can still hang out with Amy.

I turned my computer on. Luckily she was still online or else I would just have to daydream about my perfect life, away from everyone. Find someone perfect and all.

"So what did she say?" She asked curiously.

"We have to move to Calgary. On Monday to be exact."

"Will you still be my best friend if you move to Calgary?"

"Of course we will. Honest." I look towards the lousy clock by my desk. Midnight. I'm tired and sleepy.

"Hey Amy, I'm going to sleep first. We're still on tomorrow right?"

"Yea sure. Grant Mall, 12pm, Main entrance. Is that okay?"

I nod and say good night to her.

Before I brush my teeth, I took out my diary. It's my fourth diary and wrote out what I'm thinking.

Dear Diary,

Things aren't good lately. I hope mom could just stop chasing other dudes and deal with it. I hope things will turn out better in the near future.

with love, Brooke.

I turned off the lights, which sparks a bit since it's almost broken, but still usable and jump onto bed and pray.

Lord, I really hope that things could get better when I move to Calgary. I know that it's not nice to ask for things from You, and I seriously appreciate my life. Just this one time, I just hope that I can have a better lifestyle than this. Amen.