Chapter 10

"Keiko-chan?"

I glanced at the man who approached me and then back to the view of the entire school from the rooftop, behind the wire fence.

"What are you doing on the rooftop all alone?" Izaya seemed to wonder why I ignored him for the first time. Usually, I was the one who had been ignored by him.

"Just ... thinking," I said with a weak voice. I wasn't in the mood of talking or paying attention to people.  My mind was filled with Shizuo's words that morning.

Izaya stood beside me and leaned his back by the fence. He gave me time to think and waited for me to speak if I want to.

"Izaya-kun..." I eventually spoke out.

"Hm?" He glanced at me.

"Am I a bad friend?"

"No, you're not." Izaya frowned. Izaya straightened his body and turned to me. "Why would you ask that?"

"Someone said that I'm the cause of someone's death." I narrowed.

"Really?" Izaya raised his eyebrows. "You killed someone before?"

"I never kill a person, Izaya." I rolled my eyes as I faced Izaya. "That's why I don't understand. What does he mean by that?"

"Maybe you should ask him. It would be bothersome if you keep wondering about it." Izaya suggested.

"Ask him?"

"It's the only choice. Or should I help you?" Izaya leaned his face forward to me. He smiled.

"No thanks. I think you shouldn't get involved in this problem." I couldn't imagine Izaya asking Shizuo about Azami. It would lead to a fight. And I didn't want to see that scary moment again.

"Really? You don't want my help?" Izaya backed off his head. "You don't believe in me anymore?"

"No, Izaya. This isn't related to trust. It's just ... that it would be better if I handle this problem by myself."

Izaya's smile hasn't disappeared yet, even though I gave him a flat face. He never smiled at me this often before. He shrugged his shoulder then.

"Then, good luck with your problem." Izaya turned his body and headed to the door. He waved his hand to me. I watched him left the rooftop, leaving me alone in this place.

I sighed heavily. Should I ask him? The question was killing me inside, confusing me to death.

What's happened to Azami? Why is she dead? And why I'm the cause?

I should ask Shizuo about this. But how do I ask him?

Waiting for a chance to talk with Shizuo was really tiring. As the lunch break came, I hurriedly proceed to the class and hoped Shizuo was in there. Shizuo was indeed in the class, talking with Shinra while sitting on each desk (Shizuo sat behind Shinra). I walked to them.

"Ah, Keiko! Where were you before? You skipped your class on the first day!" Shinra greeted me with his usual wide smile, but he used a worried tone. On the other side, Shizuo looked unhappy seeing my presence. I smiled, trying to ignore Shizuo's reaction.

"I wasn't in the mood studying."

"I hope you're not copying Izaya since he skips the class every day." Shinra sighed. "Hm? But you skipped the class too back in middle school before, as I remember." He tilted his head.

"T-That was a different case," I replied quickly. "Anyway, I need to talk to Shizuo." I quickly brought the main topic. Shizuo looked at me.

"What?" Shizuo asked rudely.