Chapter 28

The first time I went to Shizuo's house was at the last summer, the time when Izaya disappeared. But I was just in the living room to wait for Shizuo packing his things for the trip. I didn't even manage to meet his brother and his father, but I met his mother.

I was so stupid to believe Shizuo's natural hair was yellow. I saw Shizuo's old photos back when he was in middle school and...

I was surprised to see the young brown hair kid was Shizuo. Honestly, he was handsome since young.

When I went in the house, I was surprised to see the light went off. "Sorry for disturbing," I shouted as I took off my shoes. Shizuo had already put his shoes on a shoe rack.

"No one's in the home. My parents have something to do so they will be late." Shizuo stepped on to the living room and switched on the lamps. I nodded.

"Where's your brother?"

"He supposed to be at home already but I don't see his shoes." Shizuo waited for me at the stairs. "Come on, you say you wanna see the box."

When I told Shizuo that I wanted to go to his house, he was a bit shocked. Well, not a bit though since he suddenly snapped out and demanded me the reason. He looked like he was out of control, his face was red and his mouth was stuttering. But I quickly told him that I needed to see Azami's things. Fortunately, he went calm after that.

I asked him how was Azami's doing during middle school, but Shizuo didn't know much like I expected. He just said that Azami was still happy-go-lucky even after she was sick. Azami must hide it from Shizuo. I was glad Shizuo didn't ask me what kind of 'thing' I searched inside the other box.

Thus, after school ended, we immediately headed to Shizuo's home. I really thanked God for not sending Izaya to school on that day, because if he was in there, I couldn't go to Shizuo's house. Well for Shinra, he didn't stop asking some questions where were we going. It was unusual for him to get curious about our business that badly.

I climbed up the stairs following Shizuo and went in into a room. I have never gone to Shizuo's room before. It was tidier than I imagined, but as soon as I saw broken lamp got their pieces taped all together, I took back my words. Shizuo's room was tidy but there were still broken things inside it.

"Here." Shizuo lifted up a box and put it In front of me. I sat down on the floor beside the box and unpacked it.

"What are you looking for?" Shizuo finally let out his curiosity.

"Shizuo, have you noticed something strange from Azami when she was in the hospital?" another doll, her pants, kitchen supplies toys, books about plants.

"Other than weak, she looks the same to me..." I could hear a doubt from his tone.

"I read her diary and she seemed to suffer from depression."

"What?" Shizuo doesn't know as well, hearing from his surprised tone.

I was too busy to find the diary inside the box. I think I made a mess around the box since I just put out the things randomly. I stopped immediately when suddenly Shizuo pulled my sleeve from behind and pulled me up so I could stand in front of him. Thank God he didn't rip off my shirt.

"What do you mean by she's suffering a depression?" He glared at me, his grip tightened.

I avoided his eyes, scared by his strong sharp gaze that reminded me of our first meeting.

"I-I read her diary and there, she tells about how she's sad and lonely." I stuttered. Shizuo's grip loosened as his eyes widened, shocked by my explanation.