Chapter 38

Time flew fast. Months later, we all graduated from high school. Each of us walked to different paths. Shinra went to Tokyo University. Shizuo decided to find a job. I didn't know about Kadota. Izaya... Ever since that incident, he never showed up in front of me again. Hence, I never knew how was he at that period. Did he have a new one whom he could play around with? Did he still meet with Shinra or Kadota? Did he still remember me?

"Keiko!"

I turned around to see Shinra waving his hand to me. His other hand gripped a scroll, a letter indicating we had passed. I quickly paced to him, gathered around with my group.

"You don't want to take a picture?" Kadota asked. Oh, right. Honestly, I felt bothered to bring a camera given by Izaya, but Mum kept pushing me to take it since it was a special occasion.

Thus, I became a temporary photographer on that day. A lot of my classmates asked me to take a picture of them too. Fortunately, they didn't demand the pictures so I could save them all by myself. Furthermore, it would be troublesome to print them again.

"Say cheese." I lifted my camera and drew it closer to my eyes, pressing the shutter button. Shinra and Shizuo were unprepared by my action. They were a little bit taken aback.

"Keiko, you're supposed to warn us first! I can't let Celty see my mes-"

"Relax, Shinra. You said it before that you don't want the pictures. She won't see it."

"Oh, you right. But can you take one more? I want to show it to Celty."

Well, it seemed I had to print one eventually. "Why don't the rest of you also stand beside him?" My focus diverted to Kadota and Shizuo. Kadota immediately moved beside Shinra.

"Come on, Shizuo!" 

Shizuo awkwardly stood beside Kadota. When everyone had on their position, I lifted my camera to my eyes and ready to take a shot, until Kadota called me.

"You want us to take a picture of you later?"

I lowered down my camera, thinking if I should accept the offer. It was an important event for me too so obviously I should have a picture of myself in there. I nodded. "You can take it later."

After I took a picture of them together, I lent the camera to Kadota and tidied my hair so that I looked good at the photo. Hm? Something was on my hair. My finger tried to reach the 'thing' that stuck on my hair but someone had taken it first before me.

"There's a petal on your hair." Shizuo stood in front of me, as he threw the petal away.

"Thanks." I grinned.

Shizuo's eyes suddenly focused on around my shoulder. "There's more..." He swept away the petal on my shoulders. Just as he finished cleaning, suddenly another petal landed on my lips. I laughed inside because of surprised but I couldn't open my mouth. The wind was so strong back then, raining us with a lot of Sakura petals. Surprisingly, it made such a beautiful photo background for graduation.

Right when I wanted to take the petal, Shizuo already removed the petal by swiping my lips with his thumb. I stunned, surprised by his gentle touch, not to mention around the sensitive spot.

Click!

Shizuo and I turned our head to the source of the sound, revealing Kadota had already had the camera lens on us.

"Wh-what the hell, Kadota?!" Shizuo barked, his face instantly turned red.

"Sorry, I couldn't help it." He calmly answered.

Seeing Shizuo went stuttered like that made me felt flustered.  He must felt emmbarassed too at that time. The situation turned awkward in just a second.