Chapter 33

"Wah, Keiko-onee san!"

I smiled back at two children in front of me. "Good evening. Is Izaya at home right now?"

"He's in his room. You can enter in if you want." Mairu opened the door wider for me to go in. "It's been a while so you came to our house."

"I've been busy lately," I answered as I took off my shoes while Mairu closed the door back. "Sorry for disturbing."

It seemed Izaya's parents weren't at home. I quickly went upstairs and headed to his room. I was still confused about the words that Nakura told me before. He said that someone else might be using his name out of his activity. When I asked who it might be, he told me to ask Izaya instead. Izaya must have known something I don't know.

I felt like I was thrown back and forth. The more I dug into this investigation, the more I found another thing that I knew nothing.

"Izaya." I knocked on his door, but I didn't hear any answer. Slowly  I opened his door and found no one in there. Strange. Didn't Mairu say that Izaya was in his room?

I went in and decided to examine the room once again to kill time. When I approached his desk  I saw the blue cellphone on top of it. It was the same phone I took a peek at it when I stayed in here.

Curiosity killed me. I flipped open the phone and read the message again. This time, I decided to read all the messages in there. It was all from one person who was called as A-chan in here. I read it one by one. Most of them weren't read by Izaya.

I'm lonely in here, can you come?

My mum still doesn't want to see me. I miss her.

Are you coming today? Ever since Shizuo is in his final year, I don't have any friends to talk.

Wait a second. I re-read the name, afraid of getting mistaken. This girl knows Shizuo! It was Heiwajima Shizuo that she talked about, right? I read the next text message again.

Na-kun, why aren't you coming? You said that you will be by my side. It's been a week. I'm so lonely.

Na-kun? Wasn't it the same nickname that Azami used on her other friends in her message? I decided to read the sent messages. I got a bad feeling regarding this. 

A-chan, do you want to die together?

I stunned. I skipped to several messages that Izaya sent.

I think your best friend has forgotten you completely.

What? Why did it sound familiar to me? I read the previousmessage again.

Can you tell me more about your best friend?

I had a bad feeling about this. I went back to the inbox messages and read from the bottom again, searching for the message that had best friend topic inside.

She forgets about me?

Almost. I pressed the down button again and opened a message randomly. I was getting to the topic. I needed to know who is this best friend that they were talking about.

I have a best friend, but I don't know where is she right now. She should be in Ikebukuro.

I closed the message and opened the next one. Almost. My fingers began to tremble as I began to find out the name-

Her name is Asagao Keiko. If you know her contacts, can you please tell me?

I dropped the phone, shocked to see my name in it. The phone fell to the floor with a loud sound, I hope it didn't break. I stepped back, looking at it in horror.