Epilogue (2)

"I heard Keiko-chan came back to Ikebukuro."

Shinra threw himself on the couch as he rested both of his arms on top of it. Meanwhile, Celty came with a tray and two cups of tea, putting them on the coffee table. Then, She sat beside Shinra.

"Ah~ Celty~ give me a hug!" Shinra leaned forward, opening his arm before getting hit by Celty with her punch.

Celty took out her smartphone and typed fast with her fingers. Then she showed the screen to Shinra, revealing a notepad written with big- sized words.

[Who is Keiko?]

The black smoke coming from her neck moved, Shinra guessed she must felt curious. He smiled.

"Ah, she's my close friend since middle school, though I never saw her again after high school graduation." Shinra shrugged his shoulder. "Shizuo just texted me about her coming and invited me to the reunion. Too bad I have a plan tomorrow with a client."

[What does she look like?] Celty texted again.

"Hm? Why are you so curious about her?" Shinra smiled teasingly.

[Just wondering] Celty sat by silence before she brought back her phone again and typed something, showing the screen to Shinra again after that. [Was she close to Shizuo?]

It's surprising to hear Shizuo had another close friend from high school, after hearing how a lot of people was scared of Shizuo thus causing him to have less friend.

Shinra laughed. "Not only Shizuo, she even close to Izaya!"

Celty jumped a bit before her fingers typed again, but this time with a stronger force, making a loud tap sound. When she showed her phone screen, her hands were trembling. [W-W-W-WHAT?]

She was shocked definitely.

Shinra made a wide smile looking at Celty's funny reaction. "She was his best friend since middle school."

[That sly guy has a best friend?! That's unexpected!]

"Though I don't know if she still considers herself one."

[Does she like doing the same thing as Orihara? Or sharing the same interest with human?]

Shinra laughed once again. "Of course not! Instead, it was the opposite! Keiko-chan might be the most innocent girl in this world. She is like a rabbit inside a tiger's cage."

[Then how she became his best friend?]

"Well, I don't know much about that, but when I first met them, they already made the bond."

[Can I meet her? Or do you have her photos?]

"Wow, Celty, you seem to put an interest on her."

[Of course! How in the world she can manage to stand up for that guy for many years?]

Shinra giggled. "I guess it's because either Keiko adores Izaya a lot or Izaya unconditionally tied himself with her."

[?]

"You see... their friendship Is a bit complicated." Shinra stood up. "Keiko cherishes Izaya so much, even though Izaya played with her often, to the extent he broke her heart, but she still holds him dearly. She even falls in love with him."

[Poor girl, to fall in love to such a guy]

"Izaya is the most confusing one." Shinra put his index finger on his forehead, thinking deeply. "He likes playing around with Keiko, manipulating her, and treats her like a toy. Yet, he still gets attached to her. He still wants to be with her, even protecting her. He said he sees her as a toy yet it doesn't seem like."

[That's an unhealthy friendship. It sounds like only Keiko cherishes him while Izaya just plays around.]

"That's the thing! Yet, their friendship is still there. And you want to know the surprising fact?"

Celty nodded.

"There's a possibility that Izaya likes Keiko too."

[Likes? You mean..?]

"Romantically."

The smoke from Celty's head exploded a little, meaning that she blushed. Her hands trembled again while typing and showed the screen to Shinra. [IMPOSSIBLE! A guy like him would never have such a feeling!]

"Right?" Shinra snapped his finger. "But his action seemed to show a little. He even showed jealously when Keiko was close with Shizuo."

[No way! Maybe it's because Shizuo is his mutual enemy?]

"And might be because Shizuo likes Keiko?"

[Okay what the hell is going on back there?] If Celty could show a facial expression, she would make a confused face, a really confused face.

"Celty, if only you were there, you would be able to see the drama before your very eyes. It was exciting! Keiko likes Izaya, Shizuo likes Keiko, and Izaya might like Keiko!"

[Now I want to know badly about Keiko]

"Should I arrange a meeting between you and Keiko tomorrow?"

[If Shizuo doesn't mind.]

"I guess he won't mind."

[But Shinra, what kind of action that Izaya showed to make you believe that he might have a feeling to Keiko?]

"It's simple." shinra smiled mysteriously. "Izaya never put such a big interest on his toy. If you want to hear my opinion, Keiko isn't that interesting enough as a human. Her reactions are normal, she is not unique. But to gain Izaya's trust and attention, that's what makes her special."

Celty typed on her phone again with a quick speed and showed it to Shinra Then. [Has Izaya ever noticed his own feelings to her?]

Shinra smiled mysteriously. "What do you think?"

Judging from her sudden silence, Shinra guessed Celty must be confusEd.

"Izaya may be a sly one, but he's not smart with his own feelings." Shinra moved his fingers right and left. "Or maybe he just not honest with himself."

Celty typed again after trapped in her own mind. [Imagine if Izaya is honest with his feelings.]

"That would be a happy ending for both of them. Keiko and Izaya would date while Shizuo would be left heartbroken. But we're talking about Izaya and reality here, of course, such a love story wouldn't end that happily."

Celty typed again after she was in her own mind For several seconds. [I want to meet her.]

"Want me to tell Shizuo to arrange your meeting with her?" Shinra smiled.

[Am I going to disturb her? Or scared her?]

"Nah she won't. She's already been through a lot of things. A beautiful supernatural legend like you wouldn't scare her a little bit."