Chapter 29

"I didn't expect you to be so cute when sleeping, Shizu-chan. But whether cute or not, you're still a stupid beast at the end." Izaya moved the knife edge closer to Shizuo's face. I quickly stood up and was about to stop Izaya until he called me.

"Don't worry, Keiko-chan. I won't kill him in front of you, but it would be nice if I can give him a long scar on his face." Izaya smirked. "Should I put it on his cheek? Oh, I can make him like a Samurai-"

"Whatever you're planning to do now, don't." I remained standing, staring at Izaya intensely. "what are you doing here, Izaya?"

"Can't you see I'm targeting Shizu-chan?" Izaya sat up and folded the knife back. "He's such a dumb one for forgetting to lock his room window. He could be dead by now if I show no mercy today."

"Do you have to do inside his house?" I frowned. "Don't you afraid if someone would catch you? He's not living alone."

"Keiko-chan, why do you care that much?" Izaya jumped down from the bed carefully so he wouldn't wake the blond. He approached me. His steps were light that I doubted Shizuo would wake up by his sound.  But still, what if he woke up by any chance?

"Izaya, please leave..." I glanced at Shizuo, watching him. Izaya noticed my concern. He smiled.

"Should I wake him up?"

"No!" I pulled his shirt out of thinking when he turned around. He stopped, and then he laughed.

"I'm just joking. Keiko-chan is really cute." He faced me again and cupped my face suddenly. "See you in school." His eyes stared at me for a while before he moved away from me and headed to the window.

I watched Izaya climbing through the window casually and jumped, causing me to yelp in reflect. Oh, right, I should have known he was good at parkour.

After he had gone away, I closed down the window and lied on my futon. Such a relief that Izaya didn't manage to wake Shizuo otherwise the sleepover would be a freaking messed up. I wouldn't want to imagine the neighbourhoods or Shizuo's family coming here because of a random fight happening in the middle of the night. I took a peek at Shizuo's face, making sure that there was no scar in there.

I never thought of Izaya's purpose to come in back then. I closed my eyes and continued my sleep.

***

I decided to go to Azami's house two days later, but in exchange, I skipped school. I had to pretend I went to school in front of my mum by wearing school uniform. Little did she know I was bringing other clothes, a white shirt and a long jeans pants, and enough money to go by myself. I rode on a bus and travelled for like several hours.

I silenced my phone in case someone phoned me or texted me. I will turn it on later.

Azami was a mystery that I had to solve. She must have hidden a story that no one knew, even from her closest friend like Shizuo.

Finally I arrived at her apartment. I pressed the bell just beside the front door. Not long after that, I heard footsteps gradually coming before the door opened. Azami's mum looked at me with surprised eyes, widened open as her mouth opened a bit. Of course, she would be surprised since I didn't inform my coming to her. 

"Keiko-chan?"

"Good afternoon, Aunt." I bowed. "I'm sorry if I disturb you right now. Do you mind if I come?"

Aunt shook her head. "It's fine. Come in." She let me in first.

Just before the stairs, I saw faint smokes coming out from an opened room with a traditional sliding door. I turned right to see it and found two tall containers each with three dupas in it and a photo stood between them. Aunt noticed my stares as she entered the room before me.