Chapter 26

By the time I opened my eyes, I only saw darkness. My mouth was taped with something halting me from saying a word. My hand were tied, and so were my feet. When I moved my body, I realised I was tied to an object which was seemed like a chair.

Where was I? I only relied on my ears, hearing the sound of a ship slightly.

Was I in a harbour?

Suddenly the pain from back head attacked me. I winced. Then, I began to remember what's happening back then.

I was kidnapped. When I went out from the toilet, I was hit on the head. That's why my head was hurt as hell. I must have been bleeding. How long did I pass out?

I halted my breath when I heard footsteps coming through here. The room must be large because the sounds were echoing. I pretended to faint, not moving.

"That girl hasn't woke up yet?"

"I guess she hasn't. We hit her too hard."

"Idiot, I told you we should just give her a chloroform rather than using a pole. What if we accidentally killed her? She's even bleeding!"

"But she would resist before we pass her out."

"At least we get the money and freedom!"

I heard three men' voices. The deeper one seemed to be the boss because he kept scolding the other two. I slowly breathed in.

"By the way, where is the man? He said he would be here soon."

"I don't know. He must come here after we do a lot of effort to kidnap this one girl."

"But, boss, why did you agree with that man? we shouldn't make another mess since we just escaped from the police."

My heart stopped beating for a second. So they were criminals? That meant they experienced in doing a crime and the chance for my safety decreased. I tried to calm myself, kept eavesdropping their conversation.

The 'boss' clicked his tongue. "That man offered me some money and a freedom. He said he can make us free from the police. He promises us fake identity and he has a connection with the police. He looks young but I trust him."

"Boss, you can't just trust anyone so easily."

"We don't have any choice!"

"But why would he want to kidnap this girl?"

"I can't read his minds. Maybe he has a grudge with her." Suddenly, the conversation was interrupted by a phone ringing. The boss seemed to answer the call as he only said yes and understood. "He's here." He finally finished the call. "Come on, boys! Soon we will free from that shitty police!"

The kidnappers were gone soon. I finally could breathe normally. It was so uncomfortable. The blindfold and the tape made me sweating more though it was supposed to be a cold night. I couldn't move my body at all since I got tied. The silence killed me. Not only that, the bleeding from my head made my ears ringing and 'stars' appearing on my dark sight. I lost focus. I needed to close the wound before I lost a lot of blood.

Oh, God, what should I do? I hoped Shizuo and Shinra noticed my disappearance and called the police or informed my homeroom teacher soon. Judging by the sound of crickets, I guessed it was already night.

I must have passed out for a long time.

I wasn't able to breathe at ease for a long time. I heard another footstep, but this time it was lighter than the earlier three men. It was the fourth person. He came alone and he started to approach me. I began to be scared. The other three men didn't even bother to check me out, but this guy kept walking towards me.