Cheating

Okay so this chapter is pretty unrealistic because, I mean, who would cheat on Leo Valdez?? That's like, cheating on Beyoncé. (*coughcough*)

"I love you."

"Yeah," you winced as the word left your mouth. You saw a look of hurt flash across your boyfriend's face, and though it hurt you too, you couldn't even imagine what that had made him feel like. What were you supposed to do? You had thought you were happy. Leo had been your everything.

Then you had met Ashton. (#AshtonWithTheGoodHair)

It had started out as an innocent friendship. He had been there for you when Leo couldn't. You had convinced yourself that you were in love with Ashton. You felt different when you were around him. He made you feel special. He was everything that Leo wasn't. When he started flirting, curiosity got the best of you. Leo was a good boyfriend, but there was something about Ashton that you just couldn't get over. He was new and exciting, and everything that you had thought that you wanted.

You couldn't have been more wrong.

"I'll see you tonight at dinner?" you tried, barely even able to look him in the eye.

"Uh, y-yeah, that sounds good," he nodded, starting to walk backwards.

"Bye," you whispered halfheartedly, turning to walk to the beach.

The guilt was eating you alive, but something told you to keep going. All you had ever wanted was love, but you had no clue what it was like, or if you had felt it before. What you felt with Ashton was strong, so you assumed it had to be love. You couldn't just leave Leo, though, because it would hurt him too much. 

The grass under your feet gradually turned to sand as you trudged towards the water. You and Ashton usually met at this spot, a more secluded area of the beach that no one ever went to. You stopped walking once the water reached your ankles, letting the gentle waves caress your feet. You stood there for a while, trying to think about what to do. You suddenly felt a large hand slip into yours. Your head snapped up, your eyes softening as they gazed at Ashton's handsome features. 

"You okay?" he squeezed your hand reassuringly, looking down at you with concern in his hazel eyes. You nodded.

"I just feel so... conflicted," you looked up at him helplessly. "This is wrong, very wrong, but I- I don't know what to do."

"Yeah," he nodded. Of course, he knew about your relationship with Leo. The whole camp did, really. "I guess it's selfish of me to wish that you could easily choose me over him."

"Ash, I've been with him forever," you sighed. "I can't leave him. I still care about him, a lot."

"I know," he looked down. "Do you care about me?" You smiled lazily.

"What do you think?" you stood on your toes, using Ashton's shoulder for support as you pulled his face into yours, sealing your lips together.

"I knew it!" you heard a voice in the distance. You immediately pulled back, your eyes widening as you saw Leo standing there, not far from the two of you. He walked closer, anger and betrayal clear on his face. You glanced at Ashton, his unreadable expression a different story. 

"What the fuck, Ashton?" he yelled shoving the tall boy, making him stumble back a little. "And Y/N? What were you thinking?" His hard gaze turned to you, and you flinched looking anywhere but at him. "I knew something was up. Why did I think I could trust a... girl like you?" His words felt like a sharp blow to the gut as tears streamed silently down your cheeks. His pause made you wonder what horrible thoughts could be running through his mind about you. Honestly, they were probably true, you did deserve them after all. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" you managed.

"What do you think?" he glared at you.

"Hey, don't talk to her like that!" Ashton defended you, shoving the Latino back. As small as he was, Leo managed to tackle him to the ground, and you started to panic as things got physical. You attempted to pull the boys away from each other, but Leo just pushed your hands away. You kept trying, scrambling to get them to stop before one of them got hurt. Ashton was definitely the stronger of the two, so it was a good thing Leo had more control. Then Ashton threw a punch at Leo's jaw, sending him back and distracting him long enough for Ashton to roll over on top of him. Suddenly, he let out a cry of pain, falling on top of Leo. Leo hurriedly scrambled to get up, looking down at the boy clutching his chest in pain. Your eyes then widened in realization.

"Did you just burn him?!" you gaped at the Latino in horror, rushing to check on Ashton. You looked up one last time to see Leo watching guiltily, a single tear falling down his tanned cheek. He then started backing away slightly shaking his head, before turning around and running back to where he came from. 

HEYYYYY I DIDN'T TAKE THREE MONTHS THIS TIME!! I HOPE YOU LIKED IT, THE CHAPTER KIND OF FELT MESSY TO ME.. THIS CHAPTER WAS REQUESTED BY hallo467

THANKS SO MUCH FOR 500 FOOOLLLOOWWEERRRSSS

BAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII AND DON'T FORGET TO REQUESTTTTTTT