29: part two

("This is, this is what you came for...) (😉)

✴Lucys POV✴

Bentley cried for thirty minutes straight.

It made me cry too because I care to much for him, and to see him cry made me break. Also, guys put up a straight face all the time, and something really has to be eating at them to make them break down.

Once Bentleys breathing slows down and he has no more tears to fall I lift his face up.

"Talk to me." I say wiping the tears with my thumbs.

He takes in a deep breath and nods.

"I never told you this, but my father, former Alpha Dean died from a vampire bite in July."

He closes his eyes and breathes a little before talking again.

"Well today is my father's birthday...buts Its also the the day my brother Sterling died."

I suck in a breath not expecting that.

Bentley opens his eyes which quickly fill with tears and he rambles on.

"Sterling was my little brother, and I always told mom that I would protect him. But I didnt. I didn't protect him. It should have been me, not him. We shouldn't have gotten in that car. We weren't old enough, and mom told us no, Sterling even said no, but, but i pleaded for him to get in car." He sobs.

I feel a tear fall down my cheek.

"We were going down a hill and I don't know what happened, we spun off and the car flipped. I tried and tried Lucy, i couldnt get him out. I just couldnt. I had to watch my little brother die slowly in that damn car!" He shouts standing up and walking to his dresser and dumping veering on top of it.

I stand up and rush to him before he can ruin anything else or hurt himself.

"Bentley, it's not your fault." I say trying to calm him down.

"Not my fault?" He chuckles darkly.

"Everything my fault, Lucy." He says pacing.

I didn't know what to say. I wasn't there, I don't the fully detailed story, so I shouldn't speak on thing I don't know of, but i do need to calm him down.

Bentley has stopped pacing, and is now looking out his large window that views the water. He is all tensed and his left hand is shaking.

I go up behind him, and hug him from behind.

"Bentley." I say softley, he doesn't say anything his body starts to relax.

"Bentley, you are the most loving and caring person I know. I know this shouldn't be about our relationship, but you've treated me with respect and have cared for me unconditionally. It was an accident with your brother. You didn't mean for it to happen, and I know this might hurt to hear this but it did. And it's built you up to be the amazing man, amazing Alpha you are today."

He drops his head down, and lets out a little chuckle.

"I'm so stupid, crying." He says shaking his head.

I then step so I am facing him.

He looks anywhere but at me.

"Bentley." I say a little pissed.

He doesn't respond.

"Bentley!" I shout grabbing his face so he is looking me in the eyes.

"You are not stupid for crying! You have every single damn right to be crying. You are human, well kinda. But whatever, you get my point. I know you put this whole strong, serious Alpha facade up for your pack, but you too are allowed to show emotion. So, if crying is considered stupid, then you are calling stupid, because I cry almost every friggin week!" I snap.