36

✴Lucys POV✴

"How was the party last night?" My mom asks as i walk into the kitchen.

"It was...intersting." I say pouring myself a glass of
milk.

"Thats cool, Dana was a little loud last night." My mom says with a smirk.

"Yeah, she just doesn't know how to keep her voice low." I say smirking aswell.

My mom laughs.

"I have something to tell you." My mom says leaning over out island.

I raise my eye brow waiting for her to continue.

"Well, Josh is going over to Miami for a doctor's convention, and he invited me tag along." She says.

"Ooh, Miami." I say, "When would you leave? And how long would you be gone?"

"Well the convention is two days, but Josh said we could stay longer for a little vacation." She says.

"And how long would that be? Homecoming dance is friday." I say grabbing an apple from the bowl.

"Crap. I totally forgot about the dance. Josh wanted us to stay until next monday. I can cancel, we need to get you dress, shoes and all that." She says reaching for her phone.

"Mom, no. You need a little vacation, Dana and I will be fine here." I say grabbing her phone before she does.

Just then Dana appears with her hair all messed up, along with her make up, and she's still in her clothes from last night.

"Why will we be fine?" She asks scratching her leg.

"I didn't expect you to be up until tomorrow," I laugh, "and my mom wants to go on a little vacation."

"When?" Dana yawns.

"Later tonight." My mom says sheepishly.

"Tonight?" I say suprised.

"I don't have to go, give me my phone and I'll call Josh." She says reaching for her phone again.

I move it away.

"Mom, you're going on this little vacation. Go get yourself a tan,drink some margaritas, and relax." I say.

"Alright, but I'll be texting Veronica to let her know the deal." My mom says.

Mom and Veronica have actually become like best friends. They go eat dinner together, shop, and even go to the spa alot.

They are quite funny when they get together.

"Can you guy stop yelling? My head is killing me." Dana says flopping onto the couch.

Me and my mom laugh.

"Well I'm going to start pack, call me if you need me." M mom says grabbing her phone and jogging up the stairs.

I smile and shake my head, then walk over to Dana.

"So what do you wanna do today?" I say flicking her toes.

"I wanna relax." She groans.

"Youre no fun." I laugh.

"Can we just stay home and watch movies?" Dana says.

"Sure, netflix?"

"And chill." She says with a wink.

"Oh god." I say rolling my eyes.
▫ ▫ ▫
(Monday, School)

"Ugh, why do I have to be here?" Kendra groans.