Extra

🔱Karlie Ann's POV🔱
(At hospital)

"Who is here for Alpha Alex?" A female nurse asks walking into the waitng room.

I jolt up.

"Me, I'm here for Alex." I say walking towards her.

"Follow me, Doctor Quin would like to speak with you." She says turning around.

"Karlie, do you want me to come with you?" Aidan says from behind me.

"Oh, so now you want to talk to me?" I snap and begin walking.

"Karlie Ann im sorry." He says following with me.

"I don't want to talk about this now." I say walking into the room the nurse guided me to.

I walk in to see Samantha Quin, the packs doctor when Josh is out looking at a clip board.

"Hi Sam." I say walking in.

"Hello Karlie how are you?" She asks giving me a faint smile.

"I'm doing okay, how's Alex?" I ask.

"As we know, he was bitten by the vampire, the venom is slowly spreading through his body."

"Is there a way to save him?" I ask hopeful but unfortunately I know the answer to that.

"I'm sorry Karlie Ann, but there isn't anything we can do to help him." She says putting her hand on my shoulder.

I put my hands to my face as tears fall.

"How long do we have with him?" I ask through my silent sob.

"Approximately a month. It will be the most painful time he has ever gone through." She says.

I nod.

"I must leave now and check on the rest of your friends." Samantha says and then she's gone.

Once she's gone I walk to Ales bed and sit in the chair beside him.

Ales face is very pale and you can see very vein in his body.

I put my head in my hands and let tears fall.

"Dont do that."

I look up to see Ale looking at me.

"What?" I says wiping my face.

"Dont cry for me." He says closing his eyes.

"Ale look at you. Youre in the hospital. How can I not cry?" I ask.

"I'm not your mate anymore." He says hurtly.

"But I still care about you Alex." I say sitting up.

"Why? I hurt you." He says.

"Yes you did. But you were my first mate. I'll always care about you. Maybe not as my mate, but as my friend." I say looking at him.

Ale doesn't say anything.

"Whyd you do that?" I ask him.

"Save him. My mate." I say sitting on the edge of the bed.

He doesn't reply right away, but the speaks.

"That night, when he came here. I saw the way he looked at you. It pissed me off, because that was the way I used to look at you. But I knew he was nothing like me. Which was a good thing. I'm a terrible person you deserved much better." He says with a small smile.

I tilt my head to the side.

"Dont say that Alex."

"But it's true. During the fight, if they were to kill him, I knew it would hurt way more than it did from when I rejected you. And I couldn't let that happen to you." He says trying to sit up.