Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Back to school

At some point throughout the feast, James and Fred popped up under the invisibility cloak his father gave him and sat down near to the back of the Great Hall.

Albus had also noticed that, and was scowling, because he said it was supposed to be his turn with the Cloak, which they shared between the three of them, like the Maudaurers Map, which was originally Teddy's, since his father created it. 

James kept glancing back at the Slytherin table, and I supposed his opening Prank would be on them. Lily was beside him, prodding him agitatedly for answers. Both of them were always looking out for fun (James especialy), but Albus was more serious and prefered just being a good person. Which may be a good and bad thing.

A small first yearer in the Hufflepuff table was whimpering and holding her hands over her ears. Proffesor Longbottom, the Herbology teacher came down from the teachers table, almost tripping on his robes, to see what was going on. 

I looked at Fred sidelongly. He hadn't even noticed her. Not many people had. That is, until she let out a small but high yelp. 

Proffessor Longbottom called the ancient nurse, Madame Pompfrey down. She kindly asked the girl what was wrong. 

Some Slytherins were laughing, and I could faintly hear a cold voice mimicking her,'Voices! They- they.." 

Proffessor McGonagall was eyeig this carefully. Albus was staring at James, like if this was his idea of a joke. 

"What did you do?" 
James looked astonished and put a hand on his chest.

"Me?! I did not do this." Al raised an eyebrow unbelivingly. "Seriously, I did'nt." 

The small girl, who had short black hair and dark eyes (I think she was a chinese desendant) was still whimpering as she followed Madame Pompfrey outside. Longbottom was informing the teachers. 

"Machaei Chang.. yes she said she heard voices."

I guess everyone had finished because McGonagall dismissed us. Without even annoncing who the prefects were. Usually, (this was a new tradition) two Prefects for each house were called after our first dinner at Hogwarts. The first yearers stood outside, uncertain of what to do.  

Older kids (not James or Fred for that matter) were helping them, directing them to common rooms and instructing them on how to get in, depending on their house. Roxanne was standing boredly beside Leon DiLaurentis, another Gryffindor who I think was a prefect and was talking to a group of Gryffindor first yearers.

Albus walked up to him and they talked breifly before he walked back to me. 
"Password is Mimbus Mimbletonia. Again. I think they're running out of ideas"  
I gave him a thumbs up sign and we climbed up a staircase which would lead us to the common room. 

"What about that prank, on the little Chang girl?"

"Yeah, I don't think that was James prank. The elfs in the kichen probably stopped it." I said evenly. ALbus probably wouldn't believe me, and claim I was defending James because he was kind-of my brother since he was my parents godson but I suppose he was too tired for that. We got to the fat lady and found her gossiping with her friend, the Witch who's name no one knew. 

"Hell-ooo?" Bex was bouncing up and down waving her hands."Leeeet me IN!" 

The Fat Lady ignored her. Me and Al got closer and Bex grinned when she saw us. She flipped her  blonde hair with pink streaks, then proceeded on to staring at us expectantly. "Well? Aren't you going to tell me the password?"

I stuck my toungue out at her and Albus turned to the Fat Lady. "Oi! Lady! Please pay attention? Mimbus Mimbletonia!!"

"Oh hello dearies!" she opened up and we all scampered into the common room. I breathed in the usual smell of burning wood. Mostly, the common room was empty with a few older kids. 

I walked with Bex towards our rooms. We said Goodnight to Albus and went upstairs. Our trunks were there and so was Jinx (my cat). Rebecca had an owl called Terry, who had purple feathers (which was weird, and I used to think she dyed them but nevermind).

Emma, another roomate of ours was buisily unpacking and pulling on a a pair of dotted pyjamas.  Her light brown curls were tied up in a bun and she said nothing as we walked in. Her lips were pursed as she pulled the curtain around her bed. 

I ignored her unusual behavior and placed some picture frames on my dresser, and pulled on my light blue pajamas. 
I pulled my covers over myself and closed my eyes, falling into a light and quick sleep. 

****

"Mmhh.." I rolled around in bed and pushed Jinx away with my leg. She meowed in protest and jumped onto my pillow. 

Her white tail covered my face and I sat up in bed. The fact that she was white, unlike her cat-siblings was probably why I chose her- she stood out, like me, since she didn't have orange fur like Crookshanks.