Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Visitors

I walked down the hallway tiredly. I had woken up in the middle of the night remembering about that party of those Slytherins- but then again , I couldn't do much seeing as Albus was gone for the rest of the afternoon yesterday. Also, from the sound of that conversation Malfoy and Zabini had, it didn't sound like they were going to do it anyways. Not yesterday, or today hopefully. 

Beth was walking down the hallway with James happily. She smiled at me as she passed. I turned around. They were holding hands? What the..? 

Yeah yeah, I'm pretty sure they were dating now. But James never holds hands. Not ever. 

"Rose?" Al poked my arm. I pushed my curls aside- they used to be a big fluff of frizz and whatnot but now the were better- big curls and only that bit frizzy. I still don't particularly like them. Mom says that her hair was the worst but dad highly disagrees. But I bet she didn't have red hair, which stands out more than brown hair.

I walked beside Albus silently. I didn't see him during breakfast, or the whole day really. I had sat with Roxanne and some girls. I just assumed he was still angry at me for some reason I still don't understand. Because really, that's how boys work- you will never understand them. Especially boys like Malfoy. If he keeps on acting like a creepy stalker again, I swear I'm either going to jinx him or...

"Erm sorry for, you know," he looked around,"Stomping off... But I heard it was nothing yesterday-" 

"Yeah okay."  We sat at our usual spot in the History of Magic tables. Bex was sitting in front of us, chatting quickly to Charlie, our roommate. I yawned and strained to keep my eyes open through the lesson.

Professor Binns floated in through the back wall and passer through some students who shivered. We all hated the feeling of a ghost passing through us. It's like having cold water be dropped onto you from the inside and it soaking you up in coldness. It's weird. 

"Pupils." Binns floated above his desk- which I'm not sure why he has seeing as he is a ghost and can't really like.. sit and stuff. "You know many ghosts around these hallways; for example me. You might also think that our guests will be Nick, for example: he was there, as was I." his voice went on boringly. Albus yawned beside me and I tried to keep track of what was going on. 

"So, today we will have a very special guest with us.. He was randomly chosen, by the headmistress who only decided to allow a selected few to come." 

Just then another shimmery image floated in through the floor. He had a long nose, freckles, was slightly short and stumpy and had a playful grin etched into his face. His hair was probably a bright colour- though I had no idea which. He was just like..

"George?!" Albus gaped at the shimmery image. We were having a ghost-visitor, who was our Uncle? Wait what? 

"I was called?" he said looking down his nose. I shook my head.

"This is Fred Weasley." Binns said, without any emotion what so ever. My heart was hammering. My dead Uncle was the special ghost visitor? Merlin's beard, this is weird. 

Albus was doing the same thing as me; staring at the shimmery form unbelieving. My stomach churned. When we were on holidays we went to his.. Grave. Dad went more than we did- but its still weird to see someone who's grave you visit (Here lies Fred, Who died with a great rock to his Head) come into your classroom. 

"Dad said not everyone is a ghost- you have to have special properties and-" 

Bex turned around, her eyes wide. She mouthed an 'Are you ok?' to me but I didn't bother answering. Far. Too. Weird.