Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Telling is low

My cheeks were flushed from walking it the cold, and probably pink. I pulled my coat tightly around me. The autumn leaves crunched under my feet. I really do love autumn. I mean, it's so nice to wear a jumper now, and it makes you feel so warm and cozy on the inside. And poems about autmn are usually the best ones.

The lake was extremely silent and glassy. Its usually murky waters reflected the grey sky and big tree which branched over the lake. The Giant Squid was probably asleep, I thought to myself. 

Albus was walking towards me, part of his father's old invisibility cloak flapping out of his robe poket. He smiled mischeiviously, and waved an emptry piece of parchment. The Mauderers map. Even though the map was outdated, it was still usefull...even if it sometimes shows people walking in nowhere because of the changes made after the war. 

Originally, Harry didn't want any of his kids to get the map, so he gave it to Teddy, since his Dad was one of the creators. But when Teddy left school, he gave it to James, to 'keep it in the legacy'.

The Cloak, on the other hand, was given to James, on his second year, and told him to share with his siblings. It was always a constant fight for who was to keep it for the month. Eventually, Lily and Albus found out about the map, since it was a secret. So now they shared the map as well. The only problem was they couldn't find a third magic object, so that all three could have on of their own: so they decided to rotate between themselfs. 

I twirled a loose strand of hair franatically. 

"Albus, this is not a smart idea. It's cold and they'll probably see us.."

He rolled his eyes dismisslevley. "'course we can!" He flipped his hair in his Albus-way and continued "Don't worry we won't be caught." 

I widened my eyes as Lynn and Malfoy came out of the castle. Albus pulled out his cloak and we hid behind the tree by the lake. 

"This cloak should be bigger." I noted as I squimed because Al stepped on my foot. Albus ignored me and tried to hear the Slytherins. 

"No-" 

"Relax Scorpius." a cool voice inturpeted. "No one knows. And we'll just cover it up later- how would they find out?" 

Scorpius started to protest. "Yes, but I don't think the Slug would be more patient because if he finds out we might as well be exple-" 

"Scorpi. Stop being a goodie two-shoes Hufflepuff." she probably rolled his eyes,"I mean come on. How would someone find out?" 

I assumed they were talking about the 'bringing alcohol into school' scheme. Yes, some seventh would be allowed to drink- even though it isnt particularly 'reccomended' according to the teachers. 

My eyes averted themselfs from the little of Scorpius's blonde hair I could see to the doors, where James was coming out with Beth beside him, her light hair bouncing gleefully. I suppose they were 'hanging out' now. They were both Quidditch- obsessed people, I reasoned. 

Albus nidged me in the ribs, his eyes darting back to the conversation we were spying on.

"Ouch!" I rubbed my arm. Malfoy stopped talking and breathed out angrily:

"Who's there?" he growled. Lynn looked bored and threw a pebble harshley into the lake. 

Albus grimanced and looked at me with a 'really?' face. I pulled him behind the tree as Scorpius rounded the corner where we stood before. 

"Its no-one Scorpi!" sighned Lynn exaperatedly. 

He eyed the place where we stood suspiciously and went back to Lynn. I breathed out.