Chapter 9

Chapter 9: 👣Troubles comes after me👣

The teachers sat at their high table, all of them talking lowly and with severe expressions on their face. 

"Do you know what happened last night?" Bex whispered loudly. I shrugged. 

"The only thing I know is that there was water on the seventh floor." Just then Naomi Scott discretely sat beside us. 

"I know what happened." she said smugly, motioning for us to lean in. "I heard that  a fourth yearer was found like, unconscious in the middle of some hallway. Them teachers think that someone- or something- cursed him." she looked sideways. "But you didn't hear it from me." She stood up and skipped away happily. We stared quietly after her and went back to eating. A note had appeared by my plate and I pulled it out. 

"You have detention?" Albus questioned surprisedly. "You never have detention." 

I rolled my eyes at him. 

"Yes Albus, thank-you for pointing that out." Lily was seated beside us, talking joyfully to a girl I vaguely recall being called Alice. Her thin brown chocolate coloured  hair fell over her face as she grumbled something about Herbology.

Me and Lily used to be very close; when we were small we used to practically live at eachothers houses. I think she still is my favourite cousin in some aspects. I was also friends with Albus, as I always have been. I suppose we are very lucky to have so many cousins here; it means you don't come into a place where you know no one. 

Suddenly, I heard a sound much like an elephant. I turned around to find some Slytherin kid sprouting a trunk. Another one stated laughing uncontolably, as if some invisible force were tickling him. Many students from the other houses laughed quietly. 

Another Slytherin, Whome I supposed was friends with the elephant pulled out his wand. He muttered a spell; this however only turned out to make his wand turn into a lolipop. He stared at his wand exaperatedly and shook his head angrily. 

Fred and James were punching each other and grinning successfully. A third yearer's tongue swelled up (like the tongue tieing sweets Uncle George had at his shop) and a dark boy by the name of Sachen, started wiggling and dancing. We all stared unbelievingly as he started loudly singing a song called 'Just A Girl' by Some Broom, a popular band. 

Many people had now broken into hysterics; Sachems voice had gone up an octave and he was trying to cover his mouth unsuccesfully. 

Hagrids eyes were shiny and McGonagall was ignoring the commotion- actually, she had left. Proffesor Longbottom clapped his hands to regain silence. He flicked his wand and the boy went on mute. 

That was the end of that prank.  

The rest of the day was quite straight forward. Nothing much happened, with the exeption of the occasional pen throwing coming from Professor Defando, the newest DADA teacher.  I think he had some sort of anger management issue which included pen-throwing as a way to relieve it.

I walked dreading the next hour, towards the room where the note from Professor Slughorn told me to go for detention. I thought it would be with slughorn but it wasnt- which was quite unfortunate, since he favored many of my relatives, and you know how he is. 

I slipped into the room. It was quite dusty and papers were littering the floor. I suspect that we would have to clean this. Oh joy. 

"Sit down." Flitwick instructed as he climbed onto a table. "You two," he pointed "Were out at a very dangerous time children. Therefore you shall clean this room and dust this." He pointed at a mirror which had appeared by him. He sat down and started flipping through his book. Malfoy groaned and started picking at the floor.