Chapter 25

A/N: RIGHT BIG BIG BIG SORRY FOR NOT POSTING FOR SO LONG... I'M REALLYYYYY SORRY. But here's a new chaoter (I took ages to write it and I'm still not satisfied but here goes...)

CHAPTER 25

Basically, if you pair a Slytherin and a Gryffindor, and they walk into to a crowded hall together willingly, what you get is an overall gasp. And I can prove it, because that is exactly what happened, not to mention the pointing and whispering. Maybe I should have posted an announcement saying Beware: Slytherin and Gryffindor going to ball together. 

Even worse, Weasley and Malfoy going to ball together. 

I scowled as a couple of fourth years (who probably sneaked in along with Lily) pointed and whispered. I was about to whip out my wand and hex them all when Scorpius started laughing. Yes, I did say laughing. I had to check once or twice myself.

 "Are you okay?" I ask warily, eyeing him. 

He smiles and nods. "Just peachy. You?"

"I'm good..." I answer, keeping my voice steady and trying to hide the fact taht I'm despratly trying to hide from James.

Merlin, I better find him before he finds me. He'll probably murder me though. I mean he'll murder Scorpius first. Then me. Then he'll just go off to find something to eat. 

My eyes darted around the crowded room; the stage was occupied by a few people, including Lucy who apparently managed to get in because she was in the band. I didn't even know she knew how to play an instrument. 

Just as I thought that, she looked around, a faint smile playing on her lips and jumped off the stage, with her ballerina grace and walked away towards Lily, who was staring at me. I chose to ignore her and decided to take in the room, which was brightly decorated.

The cealing shown brght with stars and shining christmas lights which were hung around. A few trees poped up here and there, one right over the table we were standing by. It's foliage was long, like a willows' and covered us partially. Flowers were glinding in the air, perfuming the whole room. The food table was oppposite to where we were, and I scanned it looking for my lovely cousins. Obviously that would be the place to be, for the boys, at least. 

Sure enough, Fred was leaning against a corner of the so called feast and smirking at the girl in front of him, probably trying to charm her into something. Yes, he's using what he calls a 'Jack Sparrow smirk'. Don't even ask me why, I only know it's based off some pirate he liked when he was a kid. Apparently, it was for when he was in desprate need of something. I've grown to ignore his little smirks and tricks. Sadly, this girl hasn't. 

She's blushing, and batting her eyes flirtaciously, enjoying the games he plays. 

James, on the other hand, is no where to be seen.

Music starts floating up from the stage- it's only the 'school band' which is composed by five people. They are actually pretty good, and Bianca, who is playing the keyboard, is the best musician in the school.