Chapter 14

Chapter 14: Rain on my Parade

Thunder cackled in the distance. It was like music for someone depressed. Very cliché, I know. I suppose my situation was very cliche. The Forbidden forest loomed over me threateningly and creatures whipped past quickly. I always was curious about these animals. I think I saw a centaur a while ago. The creatures in the forest never ceased to fascinate me. And it was possible that Therstrals were nibbling at my feet right now, bit I couldn't see them. My parent refused to let me see them- not that they could control Death.

It wasn't raining, though. Yet. Clouds were covering the morning sun, and a cold wind flew between the trees thick trunks. I leaned back against the rock I was hidden behind and looked to my side, staring gloomily at nothing.

A dark figured came closer, and I could see his hair flashing in the little light which filtered through the thick foliage of the forest. I stared ahead nonchalantly. He walked up to me and looked at me silently, then sat down beside me on the moist grass.

"Why are you here?" Scorpius asked. 

I am not in the mood for his stalker questions. Can't he see I want to be alone? Hence why I was in the Forbidden Forrest?

"What does it matter to you? Did you follow me so you could tease me?" I hissed at him angrily. Lightning cut across the sky, providing some light, so that I could see his silhouette."Go ahead then. Tease me." I dared him.

Scorpius merely sighed and looked forwards. 

Who does he think he is? He follows people around all day, then teases them, and when we're alone he shuts up, and stares off into the distance.

"Go on!" I continued hotly, my hands balling up into fists. "I don't have all the time of the world reserved for you, you know!" 

This boy is starting to get ridiculous.

Scorpius rolled his grey eyes and turned to me. "Rose, I don't want to tease you."

His grey eyes, which were as dark as the clouds overhead met my blue ones and he stared at me.

"Then why did you come?' I demanded.  Scorpius didn't answer at first. Did he ever answer?  No, I bet he think he is far too great to answer to mere half-bloods. Well, for your information, Mr.Snobby, one of the most important and heroic people of all the Wizarding world is a half-blood! And everyone knows who he is! 

While I argued with myself Scorpius continued to stare intensely at me. Okay, he is definitely a stalker. Just as I thought that, he answered.

"To do this." At that moment he reached for my face gently and kissed me. Scorpius Malfoy kissed ME, Rose Weasley.

That just sounds wrong.

But that wasn't what I was thinking while he kissed me. This is probably going to make me sound absolutely bonkers, but Scorpius Malfoy is a good kisser. He really is. I'm not saying I kissed him back. 

He pulled away, smiled one of those infamous Malfoy smiles (the I know a secret type of smile), stood up and walked into the depths of the forest around us. I watched him go, my eyes glued to the back of his blond head in utter bewilderment and confusion, as I sat planted into the soil.

One minute we're- Well, I'm screaming, and the other he's kissing me?

Quite a few people came after me, after the match was cancelled and I disappeared. Bex, Albus. Maybe even James. But no one found me, because I didn't want to be found. I wanted to be dumb and pathetic on my own. Yet one boy, the one I most despised in all my years at Hogwarts, the one I never talked to, the one I didn't know managed to find me.

ANd finally, the rain broke down from the clouds, soaking me.