Chapter 29

Chapter 29

The first letter he sent me was normal. By that, I basically mean 'Hi, how are you, how are the holidays, can't wait till christmas, bye.'  Like nothing had happened. Which is beyond weird. Maybe he sent it before  the fight. Maybe not. I don't know, either way I was confused. 

The second one also around the same lines. As I ripped open the third letter, my brain was almost exploding as I tried to find out why the hell Scorpius would send me letters. 

Rose, 

Are you ignoring me? Because really, I have no ideaa what I did wrong, couldn't you at least tell me? I'll stop bothering you then, I suppose. 

Anyways, if you're just not recieving any of my letters, ignore the first part (though I find this highly doubtable, considering the school owls aren't too bad). Hogwarts is the same-

"Rose, what are you reading?" Albus sits down beside me on the couch, leaning over to see whats in my hand. I stuff it behind me, the paper crumpling as it's pushed into the gap between the cusions.  

"Nothing," I smile at him, titling my head back innocently. I've probly read the first and second letters a thousand times apart, and haven't slept at all since I woke up James. So basically, my head is probably a ball of frizz, and there are probably dark circles under my eyes. I feel like a zombie. 

Albus leans back, sinking into the brown cushions, staring at the blank TV. "Riiight."

"Seriously." I say, standing up. "Anyways, have you got you're presents ready?" 

It was the day before Christmas, also known as the day when certain people (a.k.a James, My Dad, Roxanne and a few others) went off to buy late Christmas presents. Albus narows his eyes. "I think so... but I might be missing someone. How many do you have again?"

I roll my eyes and set off to the kitchen to get some food. "WAIT! I'M MISSING A FEW!"

 *               *                     *                       *             *                    *                 *           *

Christmas was amazing, as always. It's always been one of my favourite time's of the year, with all the love going around the house. Well, at least as much love as my family could muster. Still, Albus managed to get all his presents in time, and James, together with Fred (and I suspect Uncle George helped) had his annual Christmas prank, which consisted of blowing up the christmas lights which hung around the kitchen into confetti.

I almost had a heart attack. 

I got various presents, including one navy jumper from Grandma (which did not include a giant R this year- I guess she was too tired to do so), a pair or earrings from Albus, a nice scratch from Jinx (filthy cat didn't really like the idea of putting on a collar now did she?), a book from James and Lily and a few other gifts I won't list here. 

Anyway, once I got to Hogwarts, one would think my Gryffindor bravery would drive me over to Scorpius and inquire what the hell he was talking about in his letters.