Chapter 18

Chapter 18

"Que te passa?!" Charlie screamed into a phone. I coked my head slightly and closed the door behind me. Charlie shushed me with her finger. "No! Bu- okay bye!" she clicked the off button and hid the mobile phone inbetween her matress and her bed. 

"You know you can't use those here...." I scolded half heartedly. Charlie opened her mouth to explain but Bex inturupted. 

"Screw that! How the bloody hell did you get a cell phone connection here?" she jumped up and wondered over towards her. Charlie slaped her arm and continued. 

"Rose you cannot go all prefect-y on me! My mother sent me half a gazillion texts about some crap and wouldn't stop calling! I had to pick up or else I swear she would come here-" 

I didn't bother informing her that Hogwarts was practically impossible to find, especially to Muggles. I shrugged and opened my trunk, looking for nothing in particular. 

I picked up the tatered copy of 'Hogwarts a History' and scowled. I had always loved this book because my mother always read ot but deep inside I already knew it by heart and it was utterly boring. 

Once I asked Albus wheather he would ever read it, if I gave him a copy. He shrugged and said 'Whats the use? We can just ask you anyways." 

Proof of my nerdyness. But my mother would be far more usefull for that. Now that Scorpius mentioned it, I have been quite influenced by what my parents think. I haven't even tried to talk and meet the real Malfoy just because Dad says they suck. I wanted to be in Gryffindor because my parents were in Gryffindor- maybe it would have been best to be in Ravenclaw. 

Jinx climbed into my bed and turned in circles, finally lying down. I touched her soft fur and loomed up. Charlie and Evanna were talking exitedly about something, Bex was fiddling with her wand (probably sending a message to her new Boyfriend) and Emma had just slythered in and was pulling on her night gown.  

Suddenly, all the lights went off.We were engulfed by darkness and I couldn't see a thing. I heard various screams coming from our tower, including one particularly loud one from Evanna. 

"Lumos." Bex raised up her wand, and I echoed her, looking around. Evanna was clutching her chest, her eyes wide and Charlie was looking around nervously. Emma was hiding under her covers. Little...

"Everyone okay?" I asked. I heard faint 'yeahs'.

"WhAt the bloody hell is going on?" Bex asked, moving to sit beside me. Jinx was sat up looking around. "This never happens." We all had our wands on now and were staring slightly freaked out at eachother. I mean, when you go to a school for magic, lights going out is usually not a problem seeing as we have magic.

The lights switched back on and my eyes ajusted to the light. "I don't know Bex. But I'm not sure we want to know.." 

"Nox" I put away my wand. We decided to go to Bed and muttered our goodnights. I pulled the covers up to my chin and stared out a gap in the window. Hagrid seemed to be walking down the perimeter of the forrest, his huge figure lumbering. 

I yawned and closed my eyes. 

                                  *******************************************************

The whole of the Grand Hall was talking. More like screaming, I said to myself. I scratched my eyes sleepily and looked around. Naomi had just sat down at my diagonall and Mohini followed, even though I was quite sure she was in Ravenclaw. 

"Hi guys! Rebecca, you wanna hear the newest gossip?" Naomi flipped her brown hair and pursed her red lips. Bex looked over and raised her eyebrows.