Chapter 13

AUTHORS NOTE: This chapter may be edited (A LOT) because I am still trying to get it perfect, but, seeing as I was threatened to be MURDERED by a certain person, whose name I won't mention, so I will post it. 

PLEASE leve feedback  and suggestions.  Thanks for reading until now ~C

Chapter 13:Quidditch
After four long days consisting of persistent and brutal practice, the day I learned to dread came. Everyone was glowing with excitement for the first game of the season. I was cringing in apprehension.

"We are going to be fine, we are going to be fine, we are going to be fine.." Yasmin chanted rocking back and forth on her feet her eyes shut tight. Lily held her hands to her head in desperation as she jumped up and down on the spot.

"I lost my broom! I lost my broom! How did I loose my broom?!" I pointed at her FireBlast by her feet. She looked down and let out a small 'Oh'. 

Hook was staring off into space his eyes unfocused. James was goofing around with Fred, as if it was just some other day, which to them, it probably was. The other Chaser, who's name I learned was Thomas stood up and cleared his throat. We all fell silent and Hook looked up. 

"Ah- yes. Um, so everyone. Today is our first match- We will win this- I'm sure of it. The Slytherins have a good team, but ours has better beaters (James and Fred bowed) and a quicker Seeker. " He paused and Lily fidgeted. "I know you're all worried about the fact that we only practiced four days as a whole team, but do not get nervous, keep a clear head and enjoy it. Now, good luck everyone and Lets go!" 

The stands were filled with heaps of colourfull students. From somewhere off to my right I heard a loud roar, followed by loads of cheering. I breathed in nervously and as soon as the whistle blew I flew to the hoops chewing on the inside of my cheeks anxiously. 

Some one was commentating; probably A Ravenclaw so that there wasn't any preferences and stuff. I watched Lily as she darted left and right her eyes scanning the field. 

Thankfully, the Quaffle seemed to keep to the Slytherin side for a while. And then, by thinking that, I jinxed it. 

I tried not to panic as I angled my broom to the left- the way the Slytherins were coming. William Frehnamy smirked as he saw me and his eyes quickly darted to my other side. He threw the Quaffle- everything seemed to have been slowed down. I extended my arm and  the Quaffle hit my fingers, turning abruptly and missing the hoop my mere centimeters. 

"And Rose Weasley saves- the game is-" 

30-0 I answered mentally. The few Slytherins who showed booed and growled. The rest of the crowd clapped appreciatively. My insides felt as if they had been taken out and stuffed back in.

Which, might I tell you, is NOT a pleasant feeling. 

I tried not to think too much and just watched the ball. That worked well for a while. I saved another 5 shoots and only another 6 got in. Which I suppose is good. I mentally noted to myself that I should thank dad for that- him being a keeper and all. 

Well, that's around when the commotion started. Fred and James were shouting at one another and frantically racing after one single bludger. The other one was flying straight for Hook's head. I watched in astonishment as a Slytherin beater joined the race (why I don't understand, but it seemed that Hooch was pointing at the bludger and telling him to catch it- another mystery), whacking the bludger as hard as possible; however, the thing merely changed directions, going straight for the Ravenclaw crowd who were waqtching it nervously.

I gasped. Someone screamed 'Protego' but I am not sure if that would work. James and Fred were desperate now, zooming after the biased ball. A teacher rose and started running down the stands. I whipped my head around to check where the Quaffle was; it was slowly falling down. Lily zapped past it, her face pink and her eyes focused. She had seen the snitch. 

People were screaming- in terror for the Ravenclaws case, in anticipation for the Gryffindors and others were bounding up and down on the high stands, which were fulled with seas of red and yellow, blue and copper, green and silver and finally yellow and black.

My ears rang and I forgot completly about the Quaffle. Lily's hand was extended; and then she was falling, her face in utter shock and then in fear as she kicked and tried to get out of smashing into the ground. 

I whipped out my wand (which I always carry around, seeing as my parents have enough experience in being attacked by surprise) and pointed it at Lily as fast as I could, screaming "ARRESTO MOMENTUM!" to keep Lily from falling to a certain death or horrid injury. 

Lily still fell, though stopping for a silent moment to break the fall. I sat paralysed on my broom; the whole pitch was silent. It was a rule that no wands were to be taken out during the match and if they were used the team who used it would immidiatley loose, even though the law of the right to carry the wand was still implied- and thank god I kept it with me. 

"FAULT!" someone from the green sea screamed, later being joined by various other booing and screaming other things. McGonagall, Madame Hooch and Hagrid crowded around Lily. I ignored the indignant cries and insults and dropped to the grass, leaving my broom behind and with one thing in mind: whether or not my cousin was okay. 

James was also rushing to her side. We both reached the small group at the exact same time and gasped:
"Is she okay?"
"She's not dead?" Professor McGonagall sighed and Madame Hooch blew the whistle. The Slytherins were mad, and came down shouting, very uncommon for them. Not. Can't they see someone was injured AND cursed? Bloody hell these people are ignorant...

After a long stream of mixed up jumble, curses, questions and other things, Hagrid finally interrupted, stating the obvious.
"She was cursed." 

We all fell silent. The people watching were well, doing what else? Watching us expectantly. Lily had been taken to the infirmary, and I could barely manage a wink in her direction, afraid to see what had happened. 

Madame Hooch called our attention and announced in a big voice, so that we could all hear: "THE MATCH IS CANCELED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE" 

The whole crowd erupted and Madame Hooch continued, this time only to us. 
"I will see what shall be done." 

"But she used her wand! It's against the rules" argued Yaxley. 
"YeH! We win!" another said angrily. I stared at my shoes unhappily. Malfoy was gruping, a thoughtfull expression on his face.

"If she hadn't my sister would have died you bloody idiots!" James boomed angrily. 

Hooch paused and opened her mouth. "Very well. For now Skytherin will take the lead as-" 

"WHAT?!?" 
"YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!" 
"NO WAY! YOU CAN'T LET THESE FOULSOME CREATURES WHO CHEAT
"DON'T YOU-" 
"This is all you're fault!" Thomas, our Chaser screamed angrily, pointing at me accusingly. Hook stared bitterly and Fred looked at him furiosly.

"What did you expect? Her to let our seeker fall to the ground and possible die?"

"Seriously, Thomas, you a bloody idiot." James hissed angrily, glancing at me quickly.

"No insulting eachother, please, boys. Let us not result to that." Hooch inturpted meaningfully.

My cheeks felt hot and my back was sticky. Soon everyone was screaming at eachother. I backed away slowly, my eyes hurting and raced out of the pitch in a furry. This was exactly why I wanted to refuse joining. I knew it would happen , I knew it! 

And of course, every one would say it was my fault. Because, technically, it was.

But I couldn't let my cousin fall to the floor and brake loads of bones like that could I? And I didn't see anyone else doing anything...I mean maybe one of the teachers was. But...
 I raced off in an unknown direction, not even looking back.