Chapter 19

Chapter 19

I paced back an forth in front of the tapestry of ballet dancing trolls, who'se tip was slightly burned and the images where slightly faded. 

My bag was dumped against the wall which concealed the doors of the room of Requirment. I hadn't gone in yet because if I did, I don't think Scorpius would be able to find it again. I heard thumps coming from the hall and stuck my head out to see if it was him. Nope, just Proffessor Longbottom. He flipped a coin inthe air and let it fall accidentally, quickly ducking and scrambling maniacly for it. 

It didn't look like wizarding money or muggle money, I wondered what it was. He stuck it in his pocket and smiled as he noticed me. I smiled quickly amd turned back, leaning against the wall. He came over and looked at me. 

"Hullo Rose." 

Dammit I hope he doesn't ask me why I'm here. Though, he probably already knows about the room... 

"Hello, Professor Longbottom..." I gulped fidgeting with my skirts hem. 

"Have you lost anything? I frequently lost things when I was at school... I still do actually!" he chuckled. Its easy to understand how Hugo likes Proffessor Longbottom. According to him, The proffessor was also rather puffy-cheeked when young. I wonder how weird that was.... Like imagining Proffessor McGonagall in her teens. Shiver.

"No, I'm good professor." I answered. He looked at the wall opposite to us, where my bag was, and smiled knowingly, his hand slipping into his pocket and fidgeting with that weird coin again.

"Well then... Be good!" he said as he walked away. Be good? What is that about? 

Scorpius walked in just then and waved me over. I walked towards him and picked up my bag. The door appeared within instants and we pushed inwards, to find a room surrounded by shelfs and shelfs of books, and around the center, mounted on top of the carpet was a wopden table and two very confortable looking chairs. It was the room me and Albus had found the other day- the same day thAt I got that detention with Malfoy. 

"So, I have a bone to pick with you." I stated, sitting down on a yellow chair and letting my bag slip onto the floor. Scorpius looks up amusedly. 

"Mmmhm..." 

I let him open his books and get ready before I spoke. "Why exactley do you belive the library is overrated?" 

Scorpius snorted. "Of course- it is your sanctuary isn't it?" Before I could reply hotly he continued,"Just kidding!" 

"You better be..." I murmered as I flipped through the pages of my DADA book to find the bloody goblins or whatever he missed. Scorpius stood up and was ambling around the room. 

"Well compared to this," Scorpius explained as he pulled out a book and blew dust off it, "The library is nothing." I shrugged, not really wanting to give in an agree.  

"Whatever, now sit!" I said pointing at his chair. "I don't have the whole day you know, Mister!" I added, imitating the teachers. Scorpius flunked himself down onto the chair smiling. His teeth were abnormally white and looked perfect against his ivory skin. 

I shook my head, clearing my head. I watched him as he opened his book and looked up at me. His grey eyes reflected some light and frankly, it would be a perfect picture. I wonder if my eyes look like that. 

"So, uhm. Grindylows." I started. I bleated out some basics, like why they tended to attck people bit only when we supposedly invade their turf. Scorpius listened attenciously, much to my relief. The other people who i tried tutoring usually stared off and understood nothing- hint, hint, Bex. 

I was about to explain about the counter curse. Thats when I realised Scorpius seemed nearer to me now and was peering down at my book. Or maybe he was that close all the time but I didn't feel his leg pressing against my knee. 

He pointed at some scribbles along the borner of my book. "Whats this?" he inquired his face solemn but his mouth was turning slowly into a grin. "Rose Weasley vandalisng books?" he asked mockingly wagging his finger at me. I could feel my cheks reddening. 

"Well, they're notes." I replied defensivley. He snorted and scanned the page breifly. 

"Oh. I didn't know we studied swirly things and stick men in defence against the dark arts." he answered raising an eyebrow. 

I opened my mouth and closed it again, probably looking like a fish. "Well- uhh..." Scorpius was gazing at me, his face strangely close and I could feel the heat of his leg pressing againt mine and his hand was inches apart from mine on the table. 

My mouth faltered. His breath tickled my nose and my eyes locked with his stormy gray ones. 

Yep. This is weird. I watched him nervously. He leaned in and I could feel my eyes slowly closing and his face closing in slowly.