Chapter 32 - The End

Chapter 32

RECAP: The floor gave away beneath us. I fall hard onto the ground, hitting my head hard against it, just in time to see a clad of dark figures flying through the windows. Then everything goes black.

 For days I feel myself drifting from consciousness into darkness, hearing random points of conversation every now and again. 

"Rose...Rosie...wake up..." Someone grabs my arm. Their hands are small, but pressure my arm, as if I could jump up because of a small squeeze. I try to sit up. Nothing. Darkness. 

                                                       *******************************

 When I finally open my eyes, all I see is a white roof, light by moonlight which streams in through an open window. I blink a few times, my eyes slowly adjusting and I realise I am in the infirmary. I turn my head, and pain shoots down my back, but I ignore it. Beside me, someone else is asleep, their chest rising and falling regularly. He has light blond hair, so fair it shimmers in the moonlight. Scorpius. I roll over and try to sleep. I can't. Well, after what seems like decades asleep I don't blame myself. 

I stand up as quietly as I can and realise there are more people in here than I expected. I don't bother looking at each of their faces. I just stand up, and head towards the door, ignoring the flash of pain it sends down my spine. 

Once I am in the corridor I decide to go to the Common Room. The Fat Lady isn't very pleased, being woken up from her 'Beauty Sleep' (which, might I add, is not very effective). 

"Why, why, why do you Gryffindors insist on going on nighttime adventures, it is thoroughly annoying, I mean, you Potter children, just like your father.." she grumbles, opening up. I quickly scramble through, eager to avoid her ramblings. Really, someone should transfer her witch friend over to her side so she doesn't feel inclined to talk to the students. 

I rub some dirt off my elbows and look around. The fire is almost dead but there is still a lamp on beside  a high backed red chair. I walk silently to look if there's anyone there, and to my surprise there is. The person is leaning over a long piece of parchment, drool running from his mouth- 

"JAMES!" I almost screech, making him jump out of his chair. 

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF MERLIN BLOODY HELL I WILL-" James looks wild eyed at me, his wand in his hand, although its the wrong way around. I roll my eyes. 

"Yes, James, a murderer would scream your name before killing you," I sigh, sitting down to examine the parchment.

James rubs his eyes, yawning. "What are you doing here?" 

"I am playing Quidditch, can't you see? Oh would you mind catching the snitch, it's right by your shoulder." I reply sarcastically, turning the apparently blank parchment over. James rolls his eyes at me, and sits down. "What's this?"

James smiles smugly. "I thought you were supposed to be with the Nurses. I heard you hit your head." Oh yeah, that. 

"Stop avoiding the subject!" I cry indignantly. James takes the parchment from me. 

"THIS, is simply, the best, most awesome piece of parchment you will ever see, because, was involved in it's creation." James puffs out his chest proudly. I look at him quizzically, and he adds, "Well, I suppose you were too, but that is beside the point. am keeping Hogwarts safe."

I scoff. "When the safety of our school is in your hands we know that the world is really lost." 

He ingnores me, carrying on with his show-off parade, "This, my dear cousin, is the Marauderer's Map, second edition. " He flicks his wand and images start spreading over the paper. I watc, completly mesmerized as names appear, and all the corridors, down to the very last detail of the school. I gape at it,  probably making a fool out of myself.

"Oh. My. God." Is all I manage to stammer. "How the bloody hell did you manage to do this?"

James waves his hand dismissively.  "You helped, Lucy helped, everyone helped. But that doesn't matter. What matters, is that you were a victim of the Death Eaters, and you have no idea what happened." he points at McGonagalls office on the map. "You can't see it, but the office is completely destroyed after you, Malfoy and those other two went in there. The Death Eaters invaded after Emma managed to disarm the school's protective spells, and saw them right over here. They were in the Forrest." 

I stare at where James's finger is resting over the Forbidden Forrest. "Obviously, they weren't expecting THIS! They might have managed to discard the original's map powers, but this one," He smiles smugly, "I called Dad right away, and they got here just in time. Though, the Great Hall is also pretty banged up..." he adds as an afterthought. "Emma escaped, by the way." 

I groan. "Well that's nice." 

"Too bad I won't be able to use this baby next year," he says rather sadly. I raise an eyebrow at him. 

"Are you actually saying you will miss school? James Potter admitting he will miss Hogwarts. I should tape this." James rolls his eyes and I grin at him. "Well, at least you get your glory now. Then you can go on to do whatever you do when your not in school." 

"Yes, but I won't be able to participate in all the adventures I have just created!" he cries, throwing his map into the air. "You'll have to write them all down for me Rosie."

"Deal." He smiles at me, that mischievous smile he has always had, and I smile back, because there's nothing stopping me.

                                                 *             *           *          *

 Days later, after I was released from the boredom centre also known as the Hospital Wing, Scorpius and I were sitting by the lake. It was a warm summer afternoon, and the giant squid was happily splashing around the water, which was so clear you could almost see the merpeople underneath.

Scorpius is busily reading some muggle book he is particularly fascinated about, and he claims is the best book he has ever read, though I don't think that a book about a scrawny person obsessed with a ring could be all that interesting.  Who knows. Scorpius is a weird person.

  I sit beside him, absently picking the grass of the ground and wrapping it around my fingers.  People around us chat animatedly about their plans for the holidays, and others moan about having to study for their tests. I watch as they stroll around aimlessly while the sun is still out. Many of them look grumpy, and are desperate to get home, complaining about the mess this year was. 

  Maybe it's not so bad that this year turned out pretty disastrous. Because I have met new people, and becomed friends with people I would never expect to even have a normal conversation with. And eventhough I almost died a few times, I still managed to get myself a very alive boyfriend. 

  Scorpius looks up just as I think of this, his eyes reflecting the blue sky perfectly. He grins at me, reaching over and giving me a push. "Now, I think someone wants to go swimming with the giant squid!"  I feel my eyes going round. 

  "No." he gets up and grabs my hand. "Nooo!" I shriek, laughing as he drags me slowly towards the water. 

  Maybe this was the perfect year. 

*********************************************************************

A/N: Ok, I know, I know, that ending was utter crap. Sorry! Anyways, I would like to thank everyone who has stuck with me while I wrote this, and waited patiently (or not that patiently @EpicFantasy you know who you are) for me to finish a chapter. I am sorry for all the time I kept you waiting but I am SO thankfull that you took the time to read my first story on Wattpad! YAY YOU! This story is indeed, full of flaws, and thats why I will definitly be editing it. When I'm done, who knows, I might even write a sequel HAHA NO. IDK. WHAT IS LIFE. 

THANK YOU FOR READING! 

-SnowingMoon xxx