Chapter 17

Chapter 17

I watched as Bex mooned over Leon Palaento from her seat next to me. My eyes drifted to the door; Albus scanned the Gryffindor table and said something to someone who I couldn't see because they were probably behind him and he sat beside Andrew at far end of the table. He had been kind of avoiding me for the last few days, and not talking much at all. 

I think he and Bex fought. Usually we were all together but lately they were giving eachother the evil eye. Also, Albus did talk to me sometimes, when Bex wasn't around. And I never saw him talking to her these days. 

I was suprised to see Scorpius Malfoy was the boy behind him. He swiftly looked over at the Gryffindor table and then stalked off to the Slytherin one. Albus was talking to Malfoy? Was he telling him about the Quidditch Incident (yes, I am now calling that kiss the quidditch incident)?

I suppose both of them used to be friends during their first year, but they drifted apart. At that time, I was more friends with James and Bex, obviously.

"Scorpius is so weird lately.." Evanna murmered licking her lips. "He's always looking at the Gryffindor table.." 

"And you notice?" Charlotte chalenged as she spooned her cereal into her mouth. "That slimy git is a weirdo." I watched as he sat down quietly, thinking I knew the precise reason why Scorpius was looking at Gryffindors lately. 

"I think he has a crush!" sang Evy leaning in. "We should ask Naomi," 

"Oh shut up Evanna." Charlie flicked a crumb off her robes. "Why would you care?" Evanna shrunk away and quieted down. Thank god too, if Naomi realised something was going on, like Maybe the possibility of Scorpius having a crush on ME (maybe, I'm just supposing) out of all the students at Hogwarts, it would definatley not be good. I pulled my nails away from my mouth and tapped them against the table. 

"But he's hot." Evanna countered.

The meeting I had with Scorpius had been a week ago but I noticed he was always around, trying to get an opportunity to talk to me, by the looks of it. So, I obviously surrounded mysf by Gryffindors and people who he didn't want to be seen dead with (mostly my male cousins, because eveyone knows they are extremely overprotective and have mean hexing skills- I should know). No offence to those people, though. 

The other meeting, the Prefect meeting was about these curses which happened to be flying across school. McGonagall instructed us to keep our eyes open and try and make sure everyone was hushed about it and that no one knew too much- she also said that people were starting to gossip about the Chamber of Secrets, something she definatley did not want.

I felt a cold hand holding down my fingers. Bex looked up. "You're driving me insane with the tapping." I pulled my hand away and sat on top of it. 

"I wish Christmas would come already... We could as well have hols during Hallow'een, couldn't we?" Charlie said as she tied up her hair again. Bex nodded staring into her cup and Evy muttered something or another. 

It was October and the skies were gloomy and the grounds covered in crunchy autmn leafs. In a couple of months or so Christmas would come, also with James birthday and I think he had some extravaganza planned. So that meant I would go home and have the usual party at Grandma's house (The Burrow) and probably would get a sweater she knitted for everyone.

Lily crossed past us and sat down with a few girls from her year. Hugo, who was a few seats down didnt even wave, like he usually did. How peculiar, I thought, that all the Potters decided they were cross with the Weasleys. James wasn't though, I told myself. Well the exeption proves the rule, right? No...

Fred cracked a joke about Hippogriffs down the table and a bunch of people erupted into laughter. It echoed in my ear as I ran my hands up and down my thighs. 
"Why so fidgety?" Evanna asked eyeing me up and down. I blinked and shrugged amilessly. I didnt know either, I was just very fidgety the last week or so. 

Might be the fact that I noticed I didn't hate the kiss Scorpius decided to implant upon me. 

Or not. 

I felt a random shiver up my spine and stood up to go to lessons. 

I walked past Albus and noticed Emma sitting beside him, a bit too close If you ask me. 

"And so, Fairies are biting my toenails would be written like this in Hieroglyphs, Jack.." Professor Babbling finished tiredly, flicking her wand at the board. Scorpius wasn't leaning away from me anymore - I was from him. I mean, come on, I'd spent five years trying my best to keep an arm lengths away from the boy and now he comes around kissing me? 

I sneaked a sour worm into my mouth as Professor Babling sat down and told us to read page 32, something about hieroglyphs origin which I had already read. 

"Sour worms?" Scorpius looked at me dubiously. "If you give me one, I won't tell." I rolled my eyes and thrust the package at him. 

As soon as we were dismissed I flew out of my seat and away from Malfoy. 

"The nerve!" Beth crossed her arms over her chest and grimanced as Emma passed her in the corridor. "She kises my boyfriend and then tries and date his brother?!" 

Her friend, another Ravenclaw, with short pixie hair and large brown eyes nodded, struggling to close her bag, which was exploding with books and parchment. "Ridikulos!" she agreed. Beth smiled as she saw me and waved merrily.

I wandered around the corridors. I was going to go to the common room but the staircase I planned on using decided to move places since it was a Thursday, meaning I would have to find another way up. Silly moving staircases, I bet muggles don't have to deal with these things.

I ended up walking into the third floor bathroom. A moan floated out of one of the stalls and I squinted, remebering Moaning Myrtle usually hung out here. I stared back at my reflection in the mirror, hoping she woudnt hear me as I took a cautious step back. 

"Whooo's there?" she squaked, flying out of the stall, her glasses dangling from her ears."Ooh, it's you." She stopped and floated amiss, motionless. I clutched my book and grimanced. 

"Hullo Myrtle...." She cackled as if my grimancing was hilarious and flew to stand face to face with me. "You know, you're father and his friends complatly destroyed this bathroom... That sink especially.." she pointed at a sink full of cracks and a tape. I shrugged and was about to turn around when she continued. 
"You know, people always promise to visit but they never do..." she simpered,"While making polyjuice potions for example." She floated over the broken sink. "But I ought to keep their secrets."

"What do you mean?" I inquired, tugging at my bags strap unconfortably. I knew too well that my parent had made polyjuice potions im this very bathroom- I mean not exactley, considereing it was probably half rebuilt as most of the castle was. 

"I don't know... Do you?" And Moaning Myrtle frowned and dissapeared into the sink. 

******

I walked through one of the most ancient parts of the castle and noticed Bex sitting with Leon by a bench near a window. I ignored them and walked up to the Fat Lady, who was holding a glass in her hand. 

"Hey! Your smart! Help me break this glass with my voice,yes?" she prodded, holding up the glass. "You're cousins were absolute gits about it, said they already knew and something about me not being able to do it-watch!" she started screeching loudly and i covered my ears. 

"Flubber Tronks!!" I screamed. She pouted and opened up reluctantly, and I clambered quickly intot he hole.

Louis (who had turned out to be a Gryffindor, even though his sisters were not- Victoire was a Ravenclaw, And Dominique a Slytherin) hollered at Fred, telling him to throw over some puking pastilles while the room buzzed with exitement.  James was bent over that map of theirs, his wand tracing the drawings carefully.

Jinx rubbed herself against my legs, purring happily. I picked ger up and stroked her white fur thoughtfully while squishing through the crowd towards my dormitory. 

"Yeah! We are so winning! Hufflepuffs are our-" 

"Tootes! I mean, Lily can totaly beat that other kid, what's his name..Derick?" 

Lily was sitting on my bed, playing with a black cat who belonged to Evy, called Spears. I let go of Jinx and stared at her blankley.  

"Hai Rosey!" she said cheerfully. "So, whats up?" 

I dumped my bag onto my trunk and walked over to my nightstand."Nothing much, really. Only Albus and Bex are mad at eachother for some reason.." And Scorpius Malfoy kissed me, but don't worry, its not like my heart pounds everytime he is close to me, I felt like adding. 

"Oh, yeah. I think its because Albus said that girls obsess to much over their looks and Bex was all 'Well sometimes it for you, boys' and he was all 'Oh ridiculous' and Then they just started screaming something about telling and getting annoyed and they walked away." Lily explained. I shrugged and sat beside her. Personally, I didn't get anything that she just said, but eventually I'll figure it out, when both of them cool down. "Anyways, about James's birthday. What do you think we should get him? I knowDo you wanna join up, like we did last year?" Lily flipped her hair and scratched her un-frekled  nose which I envy so much. 

I nodded. Lily always had good ideas for gifts, it was like she could see right into peoples minds and fish out what they want. It wouldn't surprise me ifd she was a legilmens.So it was always good to share the cost. She grinned the infamous Potter smirk and started rattling off ideas while she played with Evanna's kitten.

"Hi Rose." Bex flounced inside and sat on her bed next to mine. "Hi Lily!" Lily waved at her from her position half hanging off my bed with a cat on her lap. 

"So how's Leon?" I asked conversationally. 

"Oh he's fine!" Bex brushed her hair out, uninterested. "Just ok." Lily yawned and sat up. Spears crawled off her lap and started pawing Jinx's tail. 

"Hum. I thought you would go for someone like Lorcan-" Bex scoffed. Lily continued "But whatever..." She rubbed her brown eyes which were slightly tinted with Green specs and stood up. "Well I should go. Good night. " And with that she walked out the door and went downstairs to her dormitory. Emma had slipped in and was asleep in her corner and Charlie was poking her finger in her water bottle boredly. 

"What time is it?" Bex asked, lying down on her bed with a 'Sabrina' magazine. "Like nine?" 

I turned my head towards the clock on the nightstand and read aloud : "Nine forty-three." 

"Hum." Was all she said. I stared blankly at a foto of my Mom, Dad and Harry when thet were in school, laughing in the three broomsticks. The corners were eared and I folded it again, stuffing into a drawer. 

I think Hugo had given it to me. He had some sort of obsession with fotos, especially muggle ones. I don't think he'll ever figure out how they manage to stay so still for so much time; wouldn't they want to move aorund?
Bex rolled over and stared out the window between our beds. I sat crossed legged on my bed and watched the cats clawing at eachother.

       **********************************************************************************************

My nose twitched as I closed a book which had sent a puff of smoke up my face. I slipped it back onto the shelf and walked down the corridor lined with books, my hand tracing the wooden shelf. 

A few people sat studing in tables and the fire roared in its place, beneath the high cealing. I reached up and pulled down a book called 'Nicholas Flamel: Highs and Lows'. A man with a small round nose peered back at me waved merrily.

I sat down in a table which was hidden between two bookshelfs near the back of the library. My bag dropped to the ground beside my feet, and I opened the book in front of me to start reading. I might as well do an essay about the man who invented the Philosophers stone, if I have to. Proffessor Binns could give the most boring homeworks ever, eventhough his lessons had improved, with the ghost guests- one of them was Nearly Headless Nick, another a woman called Charity, and this week it had been a student. 

I flicked through the pages, reading facts, like where Nicholas Flamel used to live, his wife, Perenelle Flamel, and stuff about how he came upon creating the philosooher's stone...

I was on about page 100 (who would think the book would actually become interesting? I mean this is someting my mother would like-) when I felt someone sitting down beside me. I leaned my head against my hand and continued reading. As I moved to tie up my red hair into a bun I noticed a pale hand. Oh shoot. It can't be- he wouldn't. 

"So, you doing your History of Magic homework too?" Scorpius asked, opening up his own book. I winced and forced a smile. But of course he would.

"Oh yeah..." I pulled up my bag and pretended to search through it so that I couldn't make eyecontact. What was he doing? This is not an arms length away. Not an arms legth away!!!!! 

"You're doing it on Nicholas Flamel?" I looked up with my quill and hand and caught him oogling at my book. I inched away and nodded.  "Me too!" 

He smiled and showed me his book. What the? Why is he being nice? I smiled fake brightly as I started writing on parchment. An by fake brightly I mean one of those smiles which last only a second or so.

He leaned back and started reading his own book. I ran my hands through my hair and glanced at him. His eyes drifted down the page silently. 
"Why are you being  nice?" 

He looked up dazedly and sat up. His eye brows were arched, as if surprised and blinked. "What do you mean 'nice'?" I breathed out and rolled my eyes. 

"Well, Malfoy, you never talked to me and always sneered when I passed so I think this is considered 'nice' in your books." Scorpius looked astounded by my annoyance towards his friendlyness. He shrugged. 

"Well, I just thought it was stupid to hate eachother because our parents were enemies. I find it unoriginal and frankly, slightly boring." 

I stared at him and he stared back, a few moments later on turning back to his book. As much as I hate to admit it, he had a point. I never actually cared to talk to him much, we just hated each other from the fist look (but he did call Bex an idiotic 'Gryffindork' and did quite a number of other things). 

"Mhm... Well bye then." I picked up my bag and took the book to check it out. I was about half way to the librarians desk when I felt a cold hand grab me around the wrist. I whipped around and Scorpius immidiatley let go. 

"Calm down Flower Girl!"  (did he call me flower?) she held up his hands as if he were being arrested, "I was just going to ask if you could give me my book back." 

I felt my cheeks flushing as I pulled out his book- which I had accidentally stuffed into my bag- and handed it to him, my cheeeks bright red and my heart pounding. "Sorry." 

"Oh and just think about not hating me, will you?" Scorpius added as he went back to the table. I checked out my book and walked away, swearing I could feel a pair of eyes following my every step.

                                           *********************************************************

 AUTHORS NOTE: Already chapter 17?! O.o oh my. Anyways, I just want to warn whoevers reading this (thank you for reading) that I won't be posting for about 10 days because I won't have a computer available. :/ SO, you were warned, so certain people can't stab me because I am not posting; enjoy.