Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Maps and Stalking

"Ms.Weasley, Please stay behind." McGonagall called from her desk. I winced. Merlin, she's probably really mad- what if she decided that I wasn't good enough to be a prefect? Wait, no. I'm just exaggerating. Yes. 

Bex wandered past me smiling, and Albus whispered 'Good Luck' as he walked out. 

I walked silently towards McGonagall's book covered desk and waited. I bit into my lip and was about to tell her about Malfoy holding me up, and that it wasn't my fault (I'm not a coward, I just don't like long silences...) when she finished correcting long piece of parchment and scrolled it up, carefully placing it beside a dozen more scrolls.

"Today, 7 pm at the meeting room, yes?" she must have seen the confused look on my face because she added,"The Prefects meeting?"  Ooh. Yeah. Prefects meeting. Of course she wasn't telling me off- Malfoy and Yaxley were also late but they weren't here! But Daniel wasn't here either...

She must have told him earlier.

"Yes Professor!" I chanted, hugging my books to my chest. I turned around on my heel and started walking out, relieved when she called me back.

"And Rose?" I whipped my head around. She tapped her watch with her index finger ."Watch the time."  

*****

Over the noise of forks and knives scraping on plates Bex was laughing her head off at some muggle jokes James was reading from a book Lily had shown him (Don't ask- Lily has a weird obsession with Muggle books, but, in her defense, some of them are quite interesting. Even the disease Princess, Cinderella).

"Wait, wait! Listen to this one! 'One day a pony walked into the doctors office. He said his throat hurt. The doctor replied : I see, your a little hoarse!" James cackled at his ridiculous joke. I snorted and Albus smiled boredly.

"Get it? Horse? Hoarse?"

Fred rolled his eyes. "You should be arrested for such a terrible joke."  He then turned back to his parchment, which apparently was huge since it was folded neatly into different sections, each with a series of sketches and drawings on them.

Bex wiped a fake tear away from her eye and James threw a bun he grabbed from a basket at Fred. 

"Do better then, eh ?" he dared. Fred looked up, throwing the bun back at James and started off on another joke. I turned to Al, who had tuned off and was pushing his peas around the plate. 

"I have a Prefects meeting today." I told him proudly. He half-grinned and raised an eyebrow. 

"Sound fuun.." I stuck my tongue out at him and pushed my hair to a side. That when I saw Malfoy staring at me. Again. What was his problem? I scowled and turned away from him, annoyed.

Just then Hugo appeared. 

"Hi Rose!" he said, plopping down on the bench beside me. 

"Hello.." I murmured. He filled his plate and went on to eating happily. He had an appetite like my dad, and I suppose I did too. But what can I say, food really is delicious.

"Trelanwey told me I was going to get something good by the end of the month." he beamed. I scoffed. Trelanwey never was right. Never. 

Unless you counted that time when she mistaked a grim for Sirius Black, who happened to be a animagus who turned into a big, black dog which may appear to be a Grim. I glanced up at the clock which hung over the teacher's table. Five to seven. Shoot- the meeting! I  jumped up, not finishing my food and ran towards the meeting room, on the sixth floor.